"No Labels" website

Uh.

Having a Label of No Labels is still a label.

And this is just cold leftovers from the Coffee Party.

So, they are for raising taxes, which is confiscating private property, at the same time they say we should not label Obama's policies.

On another page they call our use of oil an, "addiction". That is from the Obama campaign. Trading for the best oil in the world is not an addiction. Despite what oil we have in our country economically it is best to use Saudi Arabian oil. Economically it serves our interest to have our corporations producing oil in other countries.

The energy policy they state is more bull, they state clean energy, there is no such thing, clean energy is the worlds largest electrical power plants in size, in raw materials used, in cost to the public, yet clean energy is unreliable, intermittent, unpredictable, and a very weak source of energy.

A complete waste of energy.

I can not support a movement based on an energy policy that is obviously ignorant.

The US must Remain the World’s Premier Economic Power- Most Americans realize that unprecedented levels of debt threaten America’s economic growth. What’s worse, half of that debt belongs to foreign countries like China. We need to restore fiscal solvency. Because a huge share of the budget goes to fund mandatory, “entitlement” programs, fiscal solvency is simply not possible without entitlement reform.[ii] We need our representatives to do the math, without worrying about ideology.

President Obama convened a bipartisan deficit reduction panel to propose solutions, but it has already come under attack. Some are preparing to oppose the proposals if they include any new revenue sources, dismissing the commission as a tax-hike panel. Others are preparing to oppose the panel’s likely call for entitlement reform; embracing tactics that long have made social security reform the third rail of American politics. Professional partisans seem content to demagogue the deficit without proposing any realistic long-term solutions. Yet the clear reality is that entitlement reform, reduced spending and some new revenues will be necessary to reduce the deficit and to prevent the debt from rising past the point our economy can bear.
We need an Energy Policy that Promotes National Security--It’s no surprise the Pentagon believes development of renewable energy sources is a matter of national security.[iii] The United States is the world’s largest user of fossil fuels—which means our economy is vulnerable to the whims of oil- producing countries who may not be our friends. To make matters worse, we can expect the price of oil to rise as developing economies like China and India increase their demand for energy. The United States needs a coherent energy policy to guarantee our economic vitality and energy security for years to come. We need an approach that focuses on increasing energy supplies from diversified, clean, sustainable sources. We need to reduce unnecessary and inefficient demand. Developing abundant energy must be a unifying effort for our country--a national mission that draws on America’s extraordinary invention and entrepreneurship.

So, they are for raising taxes, which is confiscating private property, at the same time they say we should not label Obama's policies.

On another page they call our use of oil an, "addiction". That is from the Obama campaign. Trading for the best oil in the world is not an addiction. Despite what oil we have in our country economically it is best to use Saudi Arabian oil. Economically it serves our interest to have our corporations producing oil in other countries.

The energy policy they state is more bull, they state clean energy, there is no such thing, clean energy is the worlds largest electrical power plants in size, in raw materials used, in cost to the public, yet clean energy is unreliable, intermittent, unpredictable, and a very weak source of energy.

I can not support a movement based on an energy policy that is obviously ignorant.

The US must Remain the World’s Premier Economic Power- Most Americans realize that unprecedented levels of debt threaten America’s economic growth. What’s worse, half of that debt belongs to foreign countries like China. We need to restore fiscal solvency. Because a huge share of the budget goes to fund mandatory, “entitlement” programs, fiscal solvency is simply not possible without entitlement reform.[ii] We need our representatives to do the math, without worrying about ideology.

President Obama convened a bipartisan deficit reduction panel to propose solutions, but it has already come under attack. Some are preparing to oppose the proposals if they include any new revenue sources, dismissing the commission as a tax-hike panel. Others are preparing to oppose the panel’s likely call for entitlement reform; embracing tactics that long have made social security reform the third rail of American politics. Professional partisans seem content to demagogue the deficit without proposing any realistic long-term solutions. Yet the clear reality is that entitlement reform, reduced spending and some new revenues will be necessary to reduce the deficit and to prevent the debt from rising past the point our economy can bear.
We need an Energy Policy that Promotes National Security--It’s no surprise the Pentagon believes development of renewable energy sources is a matter of national security.[iii] The United States is the world’s largest user of fossil fuels—which means our economy is vulnerable to the whims of oil- producing countries who may not be our friends. To make matters worse, we can expect the price of oil to rise as developing economies like China and India increase their demand for energy. The United States needs a coherent energy policy to guarantee our economic vitality and energy security for years to come. We need an approach that focuses on increasing energy supplies from diversified, clean, sustainable sources. We need to reduce unnecessary and inefficient demand. Developing abundant energy must be a unifying effort for our country--a national mission that draws on America’s extraordinary invention and entrepreneurship.

I think you're missing the point of the site. You have every right to discuss the issues, as you did, above, but leave out the demonizing, the accusations, the bullshit. The website ENCOURAGES such discourse, whether you approve or not.

I think you're missing the point of the site. You have every right to discuss the issues, as you did, above, but leave out the demonizing, the accusations, the bullshit. The website ENCOURAGES such discourse, whether you approve or not.

I did not miss the point, I can say I do not like the energy policy but I can not call the energy policy ignorant for when I call the energy policy ignorant the No Label people label my speech demonizing, an accusation, or bullshit. This is attack on my constitutional right to free speech and is being used politically to quiet dissent.

Last edited:

No it doesn't.

It's there to encourage GroupThink.

Some predictable responses. Don't like the site, then ignore it. Your choice. I couldn't care less.

Sorry, Maggie. This isn't about 'no labels', this is more left wing propaganda. I see no one but progressives included in their 'contributors' list..... blogger from the HuffPuff? That's laughable. It has a credibility issue for me.

However, I'll watch the site.... and read it more thoroughly.

Nice find though. Whether I agree with it or not, it's a good one to bring to the board.

Sorry, Maggie. This isn't about 'no labels', this is more left wing propaganda. I see no one but progressives included in their 'contributors' list..... blogger from the HuffPuff? That's laughable. It has a credibility issue for me.

Nice find though. Whether I agree with it or not, it's a good one to bring to the board.

There are 8 pages of who's who. Try harder. They're not all lefties. In fact, there are more from the private sector than "journalists."

You must understand when people call for a specific kind of speech that becomes very political.

What should they have called it then, in an attempt to stop the partisan ugliness? The site doesn't claim to be non-political.

All these people are trying to do is get people to actually focus ON THE ISSUES in a civil manner rather than having to add the extremely vile commentary on issues that have become commonplace.

Don Baer - former Clinton Communications Director.
Debre Hauser - Democrat candidate for State Assembly in Connecticut, donated $1000 to Dick Blumenthal.
Zenon Christodoulou - New Jersey Democrat fundraiser.
Emanuel Pleitez - Democrat candidate for Congress, California
Erin Vilardi - Center for American Women and Politics - Incubator for Democrat female canaidates.
Eugene Steuerle - Bush 41 Deputy Secretary of Treasury.
Fred Duval - Senior Staffer - Clinton White House.
Gary Shapiro - President of CES.
James P. Pinkerton - Reagan and Bush 41 advisor.
Jane Hoffman - chair of the Presidential Forum on Renewable Energy and the author of "Green - Your Place in the New Energy Revolution". She was the Consumer Affairs Commissioner in the Giuliani Administration in New York and a Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor.

Would not exactly call it balanced.

You must understand when people call for a specific kind of speech that becomes very political.

What should they have called it then, in an attempt to stop the partisan ugliness? The site doesn't claim to be non-political.

All these people are trying to do is get people to actually focus ON THE ISSUES in a civil manner rather than having to add the extremely vile commentary on issues that have become commonplace.

I want to defeat Democrats on most of their issues.

There's a creepy "that which must not be named" aspect to it as well.

Why are they afraid to identify what they are?

Don Baer - former Clinton Communications Director.
Debre Hauser - Democrat candidate for State Assembly in Connecticut, donated $1000 to Dick Blumenthal.
Zenon Christodoulou - New Jersey Democrat fundraiser.
Emanuel Pleitez - Democrat candidate for Congress, California
Erin Vilardi - Center for American Women and Politics - Incubator for Democrat female canaidates.
Eugene Steuerle - Bush 41 Deputy Secretary of Treasury.
Fred Duval - Senior Staffer - Clinton White House.
Gary Shapiro - President of CES.
James P. Pinkerton - Reagan and Bush 41 advisor.
Jane Hoffman - chair of the Presidential Forum on Renewable Energy and the author of "Green - Your Place in the New Energy Revolution". She was the Consumer Affairs Commissioner in the Giuliani Administration in New York and a Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor.

Would not exactly call it balanced.

You listed 10 out of about 75. Try again.

Forum List

Back