No Killing Frogs Because Their Croaking Is Praise To Allah

As I have had to do many times Buford; I will again teach you your Bible.

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord" ( Psalm 150:6).

Buford, you should at least attempt to read it every once in awhile.

Ya know, claiming to be a Christian an all. :cool:

• Banned

And where does my bible tell me not to kill an animal and eat it because it's sound praises the Lord? Now I see why you're a muslim. You're reasoning skills are weak and pitiful.

Honesty and integrity are anathema to Islam.

Last edited:
  • Banned
And where does my bible tell me not to kill an animal and eat it because it's sound praises the Lord?
I am not here to teach you all about your Bible you nitwit.

Buford, at least have some self pride and look these things up yourself.

You are one lazy so called Christian. :cool:

These are your words from a few minutes ago......"As I have had to do many times Buford; I will again teach you your Bible." Poor thing.

Buford, have you No shame?

Aren't you the least bit embarrassed that a Muslim knows more about the Bible than you?

Ya know, Buford, instead of spending your time troll this board hating.

Wouldn't it be better spent learning your own religion?

Instead of begging me to teach you what the Bible says and where to find the verse?

Seriously........... :cool:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Buford, have you No shame?

Aren't you the least bit embarrassed that a Muslim knows more about the Bible than you?

Ya know, Buford, instead of spending your time troll this board hating.

Wouldn't it be better spent learning your own religion?

Instead of begging me to teach you what the Bible says and where to find the verse?

Seriously........... :cool:

That might work on naive college kids.

Froggie didn't go a-courtin' `cause he was sick...
:eusa_eh:
Climate change may boost frog disease chytridiomycosis
12 August 2012 - More changeable temperatures, a consequence of global warming, may be helping to abet the threat that a lethal fungal disease poses to frogs.
Scientists found that when temperatures vary unpredictably, frogs succumb faster to chytridiomycosis, which is killing amphibians around the world. The animals' immune systems appear to lose potency during unpredictable temperature shifts. The research is published in Nature Climate Change journal. Chytridiomycosis, caused by the parasitic fungus Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis (Bd), was identified only in 1998. It affects frogs and their amphibian relatives - salamanders, and the worm-like caecilians - and has caused a number of species extinctions. "I'm not convinced that the effect we've discovered could be considered responsible for declines or extinctions in the ways way that the spread of Bd can be considered responsible," said Thomas Raffel, lead scientist on the new research. "It might be, however, that climate change has sped up the decline or extinction after the parasite arrived," the Oakland University researcher told BBC News.

Variable success

Over the years, various teams of scientists have conducted a whole raft of experiments to find, for example, whether Bd is more active in warm or cold temperatures. The new research looked at what happens in a more real-life situation - when chytrid fungus is actually on a vulnerable frog. And the key variable the scientists looked at was variability of temperature, rather than temperature itself. Cuban tree frogs (Osteopilus septentrionalis) infected with Bd were kept under various conditions. In some, the temperature was kept constant at either the bottom or top of their natural range (15C and 25C (59F and 77F)). In others, the temperature was switched predictably between the two values, mimicking the natural day-night cycle; and in a third set, the temperature was switched between 15C and 25C unpredictably.

On its own, the fungus fared better in cooler conditions, and when the temperature changes were regular. But when it was already on the frogs, the pattern was reversed; the fungus grew faster under unpredictable temperature change. The explanation is that being a simpler organism, it is able to adapt faster than the frogs' immune system. Previous research has found alterations in frogs' white (immune) cells due to temperature changes. But Dr Raffel suggested it was hard as of now to project what this meant for amphibians and the chytrid threat. "There's a lot of observational evidence that climate change is leading to increased variability and unpredictability of temperature and precipitation, and it's entirely possible that the kind of effects we observed could become more important in the future," he said. "But I think it's really difficult to make extrapolations - partly because work needs to be done with additional species, and also because we haven't done the experiments yet that would allow us to make predictive models in a quantitative way."

Herpetologist Benjamin Tapley from the Zoological Society of London (ZSL), who was not involved with the study, also suggested it was too soon to draw strong conclusions. "This paper presents some interesting and potentially useful information on climatic shifts and Bd," he said. "But there are now over 7,000 species of amphibian, and the relationship between each of these potential hosts and Bd will be species-specific; so I would be cautious of drawing broad scale assumptions."

Consuming problem
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19199197

No Killing Frogs Because Their Croaking Is Praise To Allah

No Killing ... Because Their Croaking Is Praise To Allah ...

if that were true there would be no killing of nearly any person in the Middle East.

Except the article is not talking about Christianity, the article is talking about Islam. Does the Koran say "let everything that has breath praise the Lord"? Pigs, dogs, chickens cows,don't they praise Allah?

Chytrid fungus killin' frogs...
shocked.gif

Origins of amphibian-killing fungus uncovered
10 May`18 - A deadly fungus that has ravaged amphibian populations worldwide probably originated in East Asia, new research suggests.
A study in Science journal supports an idea that the pet trade helped spread killer strains of the chytrid fungus around the globe. The fungus is a major cause of the devastating declines experienced by frogs, toads, newts and salamanders. There is no known effective measure for controlling the disease. The authors of the report highlight the need to tighten biosecurity along country borders, including a potential ban on the trade in amphibians as pets.

_101257887_captivebombinaorientalisimportedtoeuropefroms.korea.photobyfrankpasmans.jpg

The frog Bombina orientalis was imported to Europe from South Korea​

The chytrid fungus, known as Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, or Bd, was first identified as a problem in the 1990s, said co-author Dr Simon O'Hanlon, from Imperial College London. "Until now we haven't been able to identify exactly where it came from," he explained. "In our paper, we solve this problem and show that the lineage which has caused such devastation can be traced back to East Asia."

_101270424_ds1_rcatesbeiana_in_taiwan_field_feb2012.jpg

The American bullfrog is more-or-less immune to the chytrid fungus, but it helps transmit the disease to other, susceptible amphibians​

Bd causes a disease called chytridiomycosis, which attacks the animal's skin, interfering with their ability to regulate levels of water and electrolytes (salts and minerals that are essential for vital biological functions). This can lead to heart failure. Some species are affected more than others: while the American bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana) appears to be effectively immune, other populations experience near-100% mortality. The team gathered samples of the fungus from across the globe and sequenced the genomes of these samples. They combined this information with data from previous studies of Bd genomes, building a set of 234 samples.

'Ground zero'

The team members then looked at the relationships between the different forms of the fungus. They identified four main genetic lineages, three of which appeared to be distributed globally. But a fourth type was restricted to the Korean peninsula. This Korean form appeared to be native to the region and showed more genetic overlap with the global population of chytrid fungus than any other lineage. Named BdASIA-1, it most closely resembled the ancestor of all other modern Bd. The researchers next used the genome data to estimate when the killer strain diverged from its most recent common ancestor. Rather than dating back thousands of years, as had previously been thought, the disease appears to have emerged in the early 20th Century, coinciding with the commercial trade in amphibians.

_101270428_gettyimages-74263028.jpg

The chytrid fungus has been having a devastating effect on critically endangered Corroboree frogs, native to the Southern Tablelands of Australia​

Forum List

Back