NO KIDDING!! -Obama says gas prices will go down when economy collapses"..

The price of oil dropped because when investors realized the housing bubble was over, they rushed into commodities, creating a commodities bubble. And then that, too, popped. Regardless of the derivatives bubble crash, the commodities bubble was going to pop even in a boom economy.

Have anything to support this hypothesis?

The fall of crude from $140 to $30 in an 8 month span should give you a hint.

What kind of asinine reasoning is that? Your claim is that the housing crash caused the drop in oil prices, and your evidence to support that is to point out that oil prices dropped?

C'mon, let's be realistic. You have nothing to support your hypothesis that the crash of the housing market caused any kind of commodities rush. Don't get me wrong, it could be an interesting hypothesis, but it's purely speculative. Unfortunately, it also fails Occam's Razor, creating unnecessary complexity. The drop in oil prices was due to OPEC efforts to push oil prices higher at a time when the economy was already going down surreptitiously. As the effects of the bad economy became realized and felt more pronouncedly people's oil consumption usage dropped while oil prices were still on the rise. This, in turn triggered a sudden spike in supply, which drove oil prices down to a point where they would restablize with demand.

To obama low prices is a sign of an economy in collapse. It's up to him to make sure prices rise across the board. That's what makes him so stupid.

I'm thinking Barry really set his skinny ass up for a solid spanking in the final debate.

Romney - the guy with the Masters in Business Administration and scads of real world business experience - should give the kid an embarrassing lesson in basic economics for all Americans to see live, with the added bonus that the entire world can tune in too.

Properly administered such an evisceration could contribute greatly to the growing awareness of Obama's many shortcomings and resulting inability to successfully lead and govern our country.

The only thing Romney has to do is not come off as nasty while cutting Barry's business nuts off. And I think he's quite capable of accomplishing that in a surgical manner. He's quite experienced, you know!

Have anything to support this hypothesis?

The fall of crude from $140 to $30 in an 8 month span should give you a hint.

What kind of asinine reasoning is that? Your claim is that the housing crash caused the drop in oil prices, and your evidence to support that is to point out that oil prices dropped?

C'mon, let's be realistic. You have nothing to support your hypothesis that the crash of the housing market caused any kind of commodities rush. Don't get me wrong, it could be an interesting hypothesis, but it's purely speculative. Unfortunately, it also fails Occam's Razor, creating unnecessary complexity. The drop in oil prices was due to OPEC efforts to push oil prices higher at a time when the economy was already going down surreptitiously. As the effects of the bad economy became realized and felt more pronouncedly people's oil consumption usage dropped while oil prices were still on the rise. This, in turn triggered a sudden spike in supply, which drove oil prices down to a point where they would restablize with demand.

I didn't mention anything about the housing crash. I'm following up on g5k's comment on the price of oil, which you are obviously too ignorant to grasp.

I didn't mention anything about the housing crash. I'm following up on g5k's comment on the price of oil, which you are obviously too ignorant to grasp.

Oh, excuse me. It wasn't your hypothesis, you were just trying to present evidence to support it. That still doesn't change the fact that your suggestion offers no logical explanation to support said hypothesis.

Oh, excuse me. It wasn't your hypothesis, you were just trying to present evidence to support it. That still doesn't change the fact that your suggestion offers no logical explanation to support said hypothesis.

I hate to say it, but Inthemiddle is actually right. There is no way to tie gas prices to the collapse of the housing bubble.

Forum List

Back