No jobs?

kbarnett

Rookie
May 1, 2009
Just saw the story on the Murdock family from Spruce Pine NC. A friend of mine has spoken to Mr. Murdock a few days previously and he said he could go back to a job he had before but he could make more drawing his unemployment. Sorry, I don't have sympathy for anyone who chooses to live off the system when they could help themself to do better. Our state is running out of funds for the unemployment payments as it is.

Just saw the story on the Murdock family from Spruce Pine NC. A friend of mine has spoken to Mr. Murdock a few days previously and he said he could go back to a job he had before but he could make more drawing his unemployment. Sorry, I don't have sympathy for anyone who chooses to live off the system when they could help themself to do better. Our state is running out of funds for the unemployment payments as it is.

I certainly agree with your comment about able bodied people receiving Govt benefits when they don't need them. I've been arguing that folks like Warren Buffet shouldn't be getting SS and medicare benefits for the same reason.

But something strikes me as a bit odd here. In every application I've seen, unemployment only pays a fraction of the salary lost. If that is the case, how could he go back to the same job, but be making less than unemployment? The only thing I can think of is that he could have his old job but only at a fraction of his former salary.

I don't blame the guy for not working if he can get more from unemployment. The system should be set up so that working is beneficial even if you earn less than the benefit -- in other words you don't lose the entire benefit if you take a lower paying job.

And now you know the rest of the story! :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back