No jobs??? BS!

jon_forward

Nov 18, 2003
nashville.tn
I find the bad news about no Jobs to be utter BS! In the last 3 weeks I have been offered[until they found I had no DL] no less then 10 jobs in my field. Monday I took a job at the worlds largest manufactuer of stoves in the world. They are putting on 700 new people in the first wave. They already employ 2800 plus at this one factory. rumor has it that another 500 plus is in the works. This factory is in a town of 15000, there is almost nothing that can be rented in this town as all are full, new homes and apartments are being built. I dont think this is a local feel good story. in nashville on any given day there are over 2500 jobs open, looking for people to employ. thats just one site amoungst dozens. temp agencys are begging for workers. there are jobs out there! to all the folks that say there isnt, they aint looking past their couch!!!

I don't understand the concept there are no jobs out there either. I am sure there are parts in this country where that is so but where I live, it is not a concern. One person I know sits around and complains that because of Bush (another Bush fault) he cannot find a job - meanwhile he has not taken any effort to rise himself up from his computor and go outside the house and look. He applies for jobs online and when he is called the first question he asks is 'how much do I get paid?' - so far, no one pays enough money for him to bother. $10/hr to $18/hr is still not good enough. His credit cards are maxed out because he has been using them to pay his bills.

So he began thinking of Kerry and Kerrys plan to create so many jobs in the first one hundred days in office. Untill he found out the jobs to be created were fire and police jobs and he realized he is too old to apply....Kerry sucks too.

He just landed a job quite easily because he had to as his credit cards are cut off from him. He earns around $18/hr but that isnt good enough and he is complaining - again and again.

So I come to conclusion (long ago) that some people are born to whine and complain about life no matter what. If you don't want a job you certainly wont find one.

i have to agree with you Jon. i got hired yesterday for the instillation of satalite. pays is good and the market is up in this area!

Originally posted by Johnney
i have to agree with you Jon. i got hired yesterday for the instillation of satalite. pays is good and the market is up in this area!
:clap: :clap: :clap: glad to hear the good news!!!!

Good for you Johnney! It sucks being out of work, I've been there. I've had to take some pretty bad jobs to get by, but I usually learned something new, and met some decent people. It sure beat collecting welfare, and I didn't have a giant time gap on my resume.

Why are people so concerned? To me this is the wrong way to think.

100 years ago, if someone couldn't find a place to employ themselves, they started a business!

Where is that line of thought today?

If a person had a home based business, their tax writeoffs would make $3000-5000 difference from their taxes per year right off the bat. Add in profit as labor, and you have a nice fat supliment to the income.

Turn it into a full time thing, and you have 3-5x more than any employer will ever pay you.

Jobs?

How about opportunities?

I've always wanted to go into my own business, but never had the guts to.
I just never wanted to take the risk, so I guess I'm doomed to put up with the BS of bosses until I retire (if I ever get the chance to!)!:mad:

Originally posted by Lizzy
I just never wanted to take the risk, so I guess I'm doomed to put up with the BS of bosses until I retire (if I ever get the chance to!)!:mad:
Me too. Except I have no talent.

You could always try something small, sort of on the side. If you have ideas, you could run them by people who might be able to offer help, or offer suggestions.

i was going to until i found out prostitution is illegal in iowa :(
the one thing im good at

Originally posted by Said1
You could always try something small, sort of on the side. If you have ideas, you could run them by people who might be able to offer help, or offer suggestions.
I've thought about a lot of things, especially an internet business of some sort or maybe consulting. I guess it depends on if and when we decide to move out of NJ and what the options are going to be.

Thanx for the advice!

Originally posted by Johnney
i was going to until i found out prostitution is illegal in iowa :(
the one thing im good at
You could always move to the Red Light District in the Denmark!
Should have no problem there!:laugh:

Forum List

Back