No innocent person hasever been unjustly executed

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The jury, judge,and gov look at the total picture .......

Invarioubly - the person in question has a LONG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crimminal history.

First time offenders rarely get the DP.

I would call that an hysteria, much like the satanic ritual abuse scare of the 1980's, or that backwards music and that "Paul is dead" bullshit...

Invarioubly - the person in question has a LONG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crimminal history.

Not necessarily, a person in MD got the DP, just because he looked like someone else and the crime was so horrific, i.e. rape-murder of a little girl. Thank God, after about 10 years on DR, DNA testing came along and he was released because he didn't match that found at the scene. Technically not executed, but you'd have to be in total denial to think that it never happened in pre-DNA days.

ginscpy, you would be so wrong if you think no innocent person has ever been executed...let me give you a few examples

Carlos Deluna
Ruben Cantu
Larry Griffin
Joseph O'Dell
David Spence
Leo Jones
Gary Graham
Claude Jones
Cameron Willingham
Joe Arridy

ginscpy, you would be so wrong if you think no innocent person has ever been executed...let me give you a few examples

Carlos Deluna
Ruben Cantu
Larry Griffin
Joseph O'Dell
David Spence
Leo Jones
Gary Graham
Claude Jones
Cameron Willingham
Joe Arridy

None of these people were proved to be innocent

Tank, you Napoleonic-justice wielding bastard, you.

Nobody needs be proven innocent.

But DNA evidence has proven people not guilty.

iheader2.jpg

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that innocent people have been executed in America...

It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape.
Thomas Jefferson

Phew...that is good news!

Carlos Deluna
Ruben Cantu
Larry Griffin
Joseph O'Dell
David Spence
Leo Jones
Gary Graham
Claude Jones
Cameron Willingham
Joe Arridy

that would be because they were excuted without rehearing the case however, when the cops and the juries involved said they were innocent that is pretty damning evidence that they were innocent, but there was no need to prove a dead man innocent, only one as guilty and even one of this folks Joe Arridy the governor of the state recognized him as an innocent man that was executed by the state.

Last edited:

Carlos Deluna
Ruben Cantu
Larry Griffin
Joseph O'Dell
David Spence
Leo Jones
Gary Graham
Claude Jones
Cameron Willingham
Joe Arridy

that would be because they were excuted without rehearing the case however, when the cops and the juries involved said they were innocent that is pretty damning evidence that they were innocent, but there was no need to prove a dead man innocent, only one as guilty and even one of this folks Joe Arridy the governor of the state recognized him as an innocent man that was executed by the state.

I hate to be such a skeptic here. But I've been thru lists like those before and they usually boil down to 2 or 3 -- where there was sufficient doubt.. The reason I don't do that anymore (bad citizen!!!) is because I'm MORE CONCERNED about the 2 dozen GRANDMAs and GRANDPAs or MOTHERs and FATHERs innocently executed in the name of our War on Drugs. No doubt about the "justice" of getting a no-knock warrant on the basis of a accusation by some low-life druggy already in jail. Or reading the wrong house number before you blow the door down, toss in the flash grenades, kill the family dog and then shot Gramps "BY MISTAKE"..

Only so much compassion. It goes to the area of greatest need..

Carlos Deluna
Ruben Cantu
Larry Griffin
Joseph O'Dell
David Spence
Leo Jones
Gary Graham
Claude Jones
Cameron Willingham
Joe Arridy

One thing about all of them, Nothing has come of there cases. If any evidence had come up that proved there innocents, there would have been hell to pay. To this date, nothing but speculation, opinion, and emotional speeches have been presented.

NGSampson, when there is any question a person should not be either given or subjected to the death penalty...there should be no doubt whatsoever that the person who is subjected to death actually did the crime.

In all but one case there really is no question. Like that one guy, who went into the liquor store, asked the clerk for a bottle of booze, then shot him in the back when he turned to get it. And the piece in the New Yorker is an opinion piece, and not much more.

Forum List

Back