No, I'm Not a Flat Earther

Few people understand the philosophy behind Flat Earth.... those who do, know that Flat Earth is all about intellectual honesty.

The mantra of the Flat Earth Society isn't that the earth is flat, it's 'Prove to me that the Earth is round (or, more specifically, a sphere).

And, "Because my teacher told me", isn't proof.

If you believe what you're taught in school without understanding it, it's no different to superstition.
Ummm no.

Few people understand the philosophy behind Flat Earth.... those who do, know that Flat Earth is all about intellectual honesty.

The mantra of the Flat Earth Society isn't that the earth is flat, it's 'Prove to me that the Earth is round (or, more specifically, a sphere).

If you believe what you're taught in school without understanding it, it's no different to superstition.
Ummm no.

I can see why you don't want that to be true, but I'm afraid it is.

Ummm no.
Not the ones I've spoken with.
I can see why you don't want that to be true, but I'm afraid it is.

If the world was flat, water would pour off and ships would sail off the edge of the "table top".
Yep! And this nonsense would be possible:

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor." Matthew 4:8

If the world was flat, water would pour off and ships would sail off the edge of the "table top".
Yep! And this nonsense would be possible:

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor." Matthew 4:8

Yeah, and at my desk Google showed me all the kingdoms of the world. And so your point is?

The space station rotates around the earth. Telescopes show other planets are round. Why would anyone question it?
Thast wasn't the question in the OP. So far no one can refute it. And sorry, Light doesn't refract in that way. The light would break up into it's individual wavelengths (colors). That isn't happening.

I see abu afuck can't contribute anything useful either. but thanks for the boost.

That's because they're idiots. The earth being round can be proven by they, themselves. The lot of them are proven to be ass-hats in every single debate they've ever been a part of.

Forum List

Back