No Health Care Talks for GOP Leaders and Obama

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April

The ball is in President Obama's court to reach out to Republicans if he wants a bipartisan bill on healthcare reform, House GOP Leader John Boehner (Ohio) said Monday morning.

Boehner told reporters that the president has not invited House GOP leaders to the White House for meetings on healthcare reform since the end of April.

Earlier this year, GOP leaders sent a letter to the president in May stating that they would like to work with the administration to find "common ground" on healthcare reform.

But the administration responded with a tersely worded letter indicating that they had healthcare reform under control.'

But the GOP is the party of no? Bullfuckingshit!

Health care be damned, this is nothing but a power grab. Obama's talk gets cheaper and cheaper by the day.

Last edited:
But the GOP is the party of no? Bullfuckingshit!

Health care be damned, this is nothing but a power grab. Obama's talk gets cheaper and cheaper by the day.

again with the power grab stuff? come on zoom...

ask yourself, if you were president and a group of people said they were going to make sure a particular issue destroyed your presidency, would you talk to them?

and if you say anything but no you're not being realistic.

they have no problem talking to the repubs who actually give a damn about the problem and don't see it as their ticket to 2012.

so the way to go about it is to ignore them completely

ahhh thats real leadership and bipartisanship

The Republicans have made it quite clear that they don't want any sort of bill to pass. Because if Obama passes a bill that works, their numbers of approval go lower. So at the present moment, John Boehner saying Obama hasn't invited them for Health Care talks mean nothing for me. Especially since Boehner and other Republicans are trying to take credit for the Stimulus in their own state while still bashing it.

The Republicans have made it quite clear that they don't want any sort of bill to pass. Because if Obama passes a bill that works, their numbers of approval go lower. So at the present moment, John Boehner saying Obama hasn't invited them for Health Care talks mean nothing for me. Especially since Boehner and other Republicans are trying to take credit for the Stimulus in their own state while still bashing it.

Meh, the politicians that's a likelyhood, but the people who disagree with Obama's plan are even more selfish, they don't want to force a bigger debt on their children.

Meh, the politicians that's a likelyhood, but the people who disagree with Obama's plan are even more selfish, they don't want to force a bigger debt on their children.

But those same people are quite willing to support wars started under lies and send the middle class and poor's children overseas to die. Meanwhile, the private companies over there are allowed to charge $5 a pop for a soda. Yup, sounds real American to me. Let me wave my flag and play some music.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw]YouTube - Lee Greenwood - God Bless The USA[/ame]

I'm not saying the people who disagree with Obama's plan are being selfish, don't put words in my mouth while being dishonest. I'm simply stating that Republicans don't want to see any sort of bill passed while the Democrats control the Presidency and Administration. That way, when they block everything from being passed, come election time, they can point their fingers and say he got nothing done.

Politics as usual, and you're naive if you believe otherwise.

Forum List

Back