No good deed goes unpunished

So ironic, a young man, motivated by the most humane impulse, saves the life of a less fortunate creature...only to be faced with the unintended consequence of his selfless act:

Mouse released into wild snatched by hawk, ruins good deed (video)

Well, the kid just learned Nature's Way. That's good. Next he'll need to learn that there's no such thing as having "a mouse"-- he has mice. So he'll get another, and another until he's sick of them.

It's a very curious thing that
a, they chose to go video record this (what do they do, video record everything?) and
b, they've never heard of a windscreen.

Does Mother Nature recognise or acknowledge "good deeds"?

I believe "Good" is a human concept that we slap on things to control our baser instincts. Nature doesn't do dichotomy; She giveth and She taketh away without favor. It's just the cycle of life and nobody's "fault".

It can be a hard lesson for the guy in the video whose heart was so compassionate, but it's the stark reality that makes that compassion both possible and admirable. I like to think that what doesn't kill compassion makes it stronger.:eusa_pray:

It's always interesting to see how far some people anthropomorphize animals. I worked with a woman once who swore that a doe (deer) would forgo eating the last leaf so that her fawn might have it. NOT! She claimed to be a vegetarian, but we busted her at Kentucky Fried on day, picking the crispy skin off chicken and eating it. (She claimed to by the chicken for her cat, which she could not seem to convert to vegetarianism.) She was most dismayed when we explained how that was the skin of the chicken she refused to eat...
Things that make you go "hhmmmm?"

New Topics

Forum List

Back