No gloating pledge....

I will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be happy to forgo gloating towards anyone who acts like a grownup. How do I define that?

No "Obama cheated!" rants.

No tirades of obscenities and gay-baiting.

No excessive "America is DOOMED now, because everyone is a traitor!" sour grapes. A little sour grapes is no problem, and quite understandable. Get it off your chest, move on.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you look at it, I'll still have plenty of targets for gloating, once the mature people are excluded.

Obama is going to cheat for Romney to win? I find that unlikely.

I have no plan to gloat. No point to it. It's just a symptom of pride. It's pride that has lead Obama to his fall. Pride is an illness to our personal lives, our culture, and our nation. The only cure is humility.

Not an easily fix. But something I want. I want humility more than pride. I want reconciliation more than rubbing victory into others. Regardless who wins tomorrow (it will be Romney btw), it's not the end. It's the beginning of the work that is ahead of us as individuals, families, communities, and a nation. And we need to be healing the nation. Not rubbing salt in each others wounds.

I have already been planning to reach out to friends of mine who support Obama when Romney wins in an effort to console them. Because if we don't humble ourselves and try to heal the divisions in our country, we will see war, suffering, and death like never before.

We can either be the solution or make things worse. I hope everyone considers being part of the solution.

funny when obama won...there was a strict no gloating policy enforced by the board to protect the wee conservatives....but we all know the no gloating will only be in effect if obama wins....

than find them.....just go back 4 yrs.....dont expect me to do research for something that was well known at the time but since you joined in 2011....i wouldnt expect you to know about or remember this.....it was under gunny

funny when obama won...there was a strict no gloating policy enforced by the board to protect the wee conservatives....but we all know the no gloating will only be in effect if obama wins....

There was? I'd love to have links to that directive.

I looked back 4 years and there wasn't hardly any gloating. But I think it was more a function of the membership than a directive. I only looked at the Political forum. Maybe it was in the Flame Zone????

I looked back 4 years and there wasn't hardly any gloating. But I think it was more a function of the membership than a directive. I only looked at the Political forum. Maybe it was in the Flame Zone????

Then there was this:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/63007-good-morning-republicans-2.html

Thanks.

Who will take it?

I'll be humble in victory because I think Obama was the least bad of two very bad choices.

The GOP Sold it's soul to Wall Street and the Mormon Cult because it couldn't see past its own anger....

I am hoping after this election, everyone takes a deep breathe, realizes that solving the problems is more important than appeasing their bases, and rolls up their sleaves and gets to work.

Worried, Missourian?

Not in the least.

I have folks on this board on the other side of the aisle that I both like and respect...a lot of them...some that might surprise you...and they are going to be as hurt, angry and upset if Romney wins as I will be if he loses.

That's lose-lose for gloating in my book

Bones is correct, there was basically a no gloating policy imposed in 2008.

I thought it might be better this cycle to allow folks to CHOOSE not to gloat.

It was worth a shot...

Last edited:

Here you go http://www.usmessageboard.com/congr...-be-gracious-in-this-moment-2.html#post880659

Gunny was the Administrator back then.

What a loser.

Forum List

Back