No glaciers in Glacier National Park

Weird, huh?

And yet there is no arguing that the glaciers are shrinking... Florida looks 'normal', at least regarding the tide lines on the piers and stuff; maybe the world is leaning to the left.

-Joe

Well, the fact that environuts are ignoring is that the atmosphere has a higher water content now than normal, basically the water isn't falling to replenish the ice that normally melts. Water vapor then holds in more heat, causing the temperatures to rise as well, so even that falls into a logical explanation. Also water vapor lowers the amount of solar energy the plants can get, since they can't get as much energy they convert less CO2 into O2, thereby raising the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

They are trying to ignore the connections and focus only on the one thing humans can be blamed for in order to push their failed products and services on us, it's a con for profit and nothing more. The greedy environmentalism companies are just as bad as big oil and should be harassed just as much, if not more since the technique they are using is terrorism really. There is one solution to the whole mess, lower the population level of humanity and plant more plants with the space made from that, anything else is just for money.

Isn't arguing against living cleaner in terms of the fuel we burn kind of like arguing that the sheets don't need changing 'cause their not wet on my side?

Seems to me like we should be looking for cleaner ways to power our society because not doing so makes the air foul. That makes sense to me even if there is no other valid reason for doing so.

Before the environmental protection laws of the 70's there were days in Denver CO that kids couldn't go outside to play because he air was brown. (No link required... I was there.)

Genesis Chapter 2 - God gave Adam two things to do: Name the Animals and Tend the Garden. (Hey, just because I'm not a believer, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the plethora of cool things mentioned in The Bible....)

Outside of baseball, one out of two is a piss-poor record.

-Joe

Got Links?

You must offer what you ask for, or admit hypocrisy now.

I don't care about your christian mythology, that has no weight on my life and never will. What I do care about is science here, this topic specifically, and the science as a whole does not support the environut contentions, only one tiny part of science does if you ignore the rest of it.

Isn't arguing against living cleaner in terms of the fuel we burn kind of like arguing that the sheets don't need changing 'cause their not wet on my side?

Seems to me like we should be looking for cleaner ways to power our society because not doing so makes the air foul. That makes sense to me even if there is no other valid reason for doing so.

Before the environmental protection laws of the 70's there were days in Denver CO that kids couldn't go outside to play because he air was brown. (No link required... I was there.)

Genesis Chapter 2 - Gods gave Adam two things to do: Name the Animals and Tend the Garden. (Hey, just because I'm not a believer, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the plethora of cool things mentioned in The Bible....)

-Joe
The brown cloud still comes around every winter. It's as much a product of the inversion layers in mountainous terrain as anything else.

On top of that, technology could be just as much of an explanation as any laws. Most modern engines get significantly more horsepower per cubic inch, and therefore burn their fuel more completely.

Just for the sake of clarity, 40% of .04% is statistically insignificant and is in no way indicative of the source.

The source is the 8 billion tons of CO2 we produce every year.

Just for the sake of clarity, 40% of .04% is statistically insignificant and is in no way indicative of the source.

Sez you.

Billions of tons are also created by completely natural organic processes as well.

But that still doesn't explain (yet again) how 40% of .04% is statistically significant, viz the other 99.96%

What's more appalling is the willful scaremongering by the neo-Malthusian declinists.

LOL! Baffling yourself with BS? It was cute though. :clap2:

Um ... no.

The "dire predictions" by these same scientists have not held any mustard at all. Not once. Each decade they move the goal posts to make more predictions ... which eventually fail as well. Then they push for legislation to promote specific products and services by force, which would never succeed on the open market with real competition because they are actually more harmful than beneficial. Seriously ... these "energy efficient" bulbs contain very hazardous chemicals, and breaking one can kill you ... anyone who lets kids even close to these should be locked up for child abuse, but they are now pushing to have them required by law. Corn fuel kills food production, seriously, just for a few autos to go a few miles, but they are pushing that one to. Recycling plants actually cause more pollution compared to other factories, the need for less virgin material only balances it out. Want willfully ignorant, look in the mirror.

Kitten, sometimes your bitchy stupidity is amazing. For someone that claims high intelligence your posts demonstrate an amazing ignorance of science.

Well, the fact that environuts are ignoring is that the atmosphere has a higher water content now than normal, basically the water isn't falling to replenish the ice that normally melts. Water vapor then holds in more heat, causing the temperatures to rise as well, so even that falls into a logical explanation. Also water vapor lowers the amount of solar energy the plants can get, since they can't get as much energy they convert less CO2 into O2, thereby raising the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

They are trying to ignore the connections and focus only on the one thing humans can be blamed for in order to push their failed products and services on us, it's a con for profit and nothing more. The greedy environmentalism companies are just as bad as big oil and should be harassed just as much, if not more since the technique they are using is terrorism really. There is one solution to the whole mess, lower the population level of humanity and plant more plants with the space made from that, anything else is just for money.

Genesis Chapter 2 - God gave Adam two things to do: Name the Animals and Tend the Garden. (Hey, just because I'm not a believer, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the plethora of cool things mentioned in The Bible....)

-Joe

Got Links?

I don't care about your christian mythology, that has no weight on my life and never will. What I do care about is science here, this topic specifically, and the science as a whole does not support the environut contentions, only one tiny part of science does if you ignore the rest of it.

No Kitten, you care nothing for science, or else you have at least a basic knowledge of it.

Sez you.

Billions of tons are also created by completely natural organic processes as well.

But that still doesn't explain (yet again) how 40% of .04% is statistically significant, viz the other 99.96%

Shit man, you are one fucking dumb bastard. There have been links posted here repeatedly from physicists that explain exactly how the Greenhouse Gases operate. That you have failed either to read them or understand them demonstrates either willfull ignorance or a basic lack of intellect.

Yeah....How they operate in a vacuum, not a dynamic system with billions of variables.

Of course, none of those "geniuses" can reproduce their results in the context of such a dynamic system, nor do they have any static control model or group, nor can their reputed "consensus" hold up to falsification.....All of which have been standard acid tests of science for centuries.

The dumb bastard is the one who sits around spewing appeals to authority instead if holding the data at arm's length, and analyzing it dispassionately.

Dang, you stupes claimed for years there was no warming occurring, then when everyone could see the obvious, you claim that it has natural causes. Then you are stupid enough to claim it is cooling, even thought the average is still going up.

By all your asanine "global cooling" predictions, we should be seeing some very cold years in the next five years. What we will see is years that will exceed 1998 and 2005.

The melting of the Arctic permafrost was predicted by the scientists that study the Artic, based on the effect of the GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere. Same for the ice in the Arctic Ocean, Greenland, and Antarctica. You silly "skeptics" missed on all counts.

Dang, you stupes claimed for years there was no warming occurring, then when everyone could see the obvious, you claim that it has natural causes. Then you are stupid enough to claim it is cooling, even thought the average is still going up.

By all your asanine "global cooling" predictions, we should be seeing some very cold years in the next five years. What we will see is years that will exceed 1998 and 2005.

The melting of the Arctic permafrost was predicted by the scientists that study the Artic, based on the effect of the GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere. Same for the ice in the Arctic Ocean, Greenland, and Antarctica. You silly "skeptics" missed on all counts.

Really? It's "obvious"? How so?

Also no, I once bought into the same bullshit you have ... until I found the real facts. :eusa_whistle:

To which "stupes" are you referring, asshelmet??

If anyone was predicting a coming ice age, it was the alarmist "stupes" at Time magazine, back in the '70s.

Talk about not being able to keep your doomsday stories straight!! :lol:

Last edited:

Sez you.

---------------

Dude is right...

Genesis Chapter 2 - Gods gave Adam two things to do: Name the Animals and Tend the Garden. (Hey, just because I'm not a believer, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the plethora of cool things mentioned in The Bible....)

-Joe
The brown cloud still comes around every winter. It's as much a product of the inversion layers in mountainous terrain as anything else.

On top of that, technology could be just as much of an explanation as any laws. Most modern engines get significantly more horsepower per cubic inch, and therefore burn their fuel more completely.
Bummer.

Whether it was the environmental laws or dumb luck, there is nothing wrong with living cleaner. The problem with modern sewage systems is that people think their shit 'goes away'.

Lets keep those reasons to trim pollution coming!

-Joe

Last edited:
Sez you.

Shit man, you are one fucking dumb bastard. There have been links posted here repeatedly from physicists that explain exactly how the Greenhouse Gases operate. That you have failed either to read them or understand them demonstrates either willfull ignorance or a basic lack of intellect.

And yet historically temperature does not follow CO2, CO2 follows temperature. Go figure. I guess whom ever compiled that scientific data was really on big oils pay roll right?

Further DUMB ASS, CO2 is still increasing but temperature is not, explain that.

-Joe

Bummer.

Whether it was the environmental laws or dumb luck there is nothing wrong with living cleaner. The problem with modern sewage systems is that people think their shit 'goes away'.

Lets keep those reasons to trim pollution coming!

-Joe

Hmm? So you are advocating that we don't take a shit anymore now?

Sez you.

And yet historically temperature does not follow CO2, CO2 follows temperature. Go figure. I guess whom ever compiled that scientific data was really on big oils pay roll right?

Further DUMB ASS, CO2 is still increasing but temperature is not, explain that.

Name calling is all you have?

How sad for you.

I have said numerous times that CO2 works within the context of the sun's activity.

Do you even read the posts here?

-Joe

Got Links?

Back the truck up a second K.K. - I am not bringing religious mythology into the discussion, I'm saying that as a species, we are doing a piss-poor job of tending the garden. Whether it's because God asked us to or just because it's the right thing to do for future generations, we should tend the garden, right? Oops, my bad... I suppose I shouldn't just assume you care about the air we breathe and the water in our eco-system.

Let's start there. I'll ask.

Do you care? If not we should just end this and part ways as friends who agree to disagree on the environment.

Regarding a link for smog in Denver, try this: For years, brown cloud fouls Denver image

-Joe

Oh no there not, the last 10 years the planet has been cooling, This is a normal weather cycle and to think that you are pushing a cap and trade bill because of it is ridiculous and omnipotent in character. We do not control the temperature of the earth, God does. Get real.

Forum List

Back