NO GDP above 3% entire TERM OF PRESIDENT OBAMA...FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!

Major IBM Layoffs happening today (Jan 5th) for US GTS division workers. Totals unknown, but I am one of them...What a shame this company has become and will continue to be. Was told my job was being moved to India, yet Ginni just sat in Trumps panel of CEOs to keep jobs in the US. Trump should "fire" her from the panel and stockholders should follow suit

LAYOFFS HAVE BEGUN.....(Jan 5th, 2017) - post regarding IBM layoffs
Both IBM and HP are in a downward spiral.

These 2 companies are too old and too big.

They should split up into smaller corp's.

Their mega bureaucracies cannot run their companies anymore.

Best thing is find a job at Dell or Texas Instruments.

Obama had to blow his wad on water to put out the fire Bush started. We did no infrastructure spending. Bailing out the banks did not stimulate growth did it?

Anyways, Trump isn't going to achieve his growth goals. Not with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell holding the purse strings.

Trump talked about infrastructure constantly on the campaign trail, vowing to build roads, trains, and airports. As a brash outsider, Trump promised, he could force such a program through Congress. And as a real estate developer, he insisted he was uniquely qualified to design and implement what was basically a huge construction program. But it wasn’t until two weeks before Election Day that Trump finally released a proposal with some policy details. And it didn’t line up with what he’d been describing on the campaign trail. His previous rhetoric had made it sound like Trump wanted to be another FDR, borrowing massive amounts of money in order to finance a building binge that would put people back to work. But then in a December interview with The New York Times, Trump confessed that he was still figuring out exactly what he wanted to do ― and that he hadn’t realized FDR-style infrastructure building might alienate conservatives. “That’s not a very Republican thing ― I didn’t even know that, frankly.”

Soon, administration officials began hinting that infrastructure might not be a first 100 days program, as Trump had promised. And since then, the whole idea has slipped farther and farther down on the political agenda. Trump still mentions it in public appearances, but the two legislative leaders he needs to get an infrastructure bill through Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have made clear they are ambivalent at best, about the whole project.

Refresh my memory, please. Show us where President Donald Trump promised massive infrastructure projects being underway within 100 days.

Apparently you did not stay up for his acceptance speech.

Show us that particular quote please.

Here is the ONLY use of the word "infrastructure" in the entire speech.

"And spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay. We've made other countries rich, while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon."

Here is the transcript of the entire speech.
Analysis | Trump’s full inauguration speech transcript, annotated

I thought the economy was a mess? Thanks Obama for handing Trump a kick ass economy. No excuses when the middle class gets left behind. But corporate profits will be great the next 4 years.
The demise of the middle class began with Reagan and was amplified under GHW and GW Bush due to their tax policy -- massive tax cuts for the rich and tax hikes on the working poor and middle class.

That's why you have a mess.

And the demise of business happened from paper profits shown from derivatives (a fancy word for junk investments) in over-leveraged realty.

It was like 1929 all over again.

So this double whammy came to a head in 2008 just as John McCain was saying "the fundamentals of our economy are sound!"

He will go down in history as the stupidest dumbazz ever born.

I thought the economy was a mess? Thanks Obama for handing Trump a kick ass economy. No excuses when the middle class gets left behind. But corporate profits will be great the next 4 years.
Corporate profits can only improve if they can (1) shift jobs overseas and/or (2) hire more H1B's.

I am pretty sure those days are over for a while with DJT's election.

Obama had to blow his wad on water to put out the fire Bush started. We did no infrastructure spending. Bailing out the banks did not stimulate growth did it?

Anyways, Trump isn't going to achieve his growth goals. Not with Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell holding the purse strings.

Trump talked about infrastructure constantly on the campaign trail, vowing to build roads, trains, and airports. As a brash outsider, Trump promised, he could force such a program through Congress. And as a real estate developer, he insisted he was uniquely qualified to design and implement what was basically a huge construction program. But it wasn’t until two weeks before Election Day that Trump finally released a proposal with some policy details. And it didn’t line up with what he’d been describing on the campaign trail. His previous rhetoric had made it sound like Trump wanted to be another FDR, borrowing massive amounts of money in order to finance a building binge that would put people back to work. But then in a December interview with The New York Times, Trump confessed that he was still figuring out exactly what he wanted to do ― and that he hadn’t realized FDR-style infrastructure building might alienate conservatives. “That’s not a very Republican thing ― I didn’t even know that, frankly.”

Soon, administration officials began hinting that infrastructure might not be a first 100 days program, as Trump had promised. And since then, the whole idea has slipped farther and farther down on the political agenda. Trump still mentions it in public appearances, but the two legislative leaders he needs to get an infrastructure bill through Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have made clear they are ambivalent at best, about the whole project.

Refresh my memory, please. Show us where President Donald Trump promised massive infrastructure projects being underway within 100 days.

Apparently you did not stay up for his acceptance speech.

Yea Merkle. Don't ask me for stupid shit and then expect respect. That's like me asking you to provide a video that shows Obama promised hope and change.

Why don't you sit through his little campaign event tapes and listen to him promise everything to everyone.

Just admit it. Like all other politicians he can't possibly deliver on all those promises.

The demise of the middle class began with Reagan and was amplified under GHW and GW Bush due to their tax policy -- massive tax cuts for the rich and tax hikes on the working poor and middle class.

That's why you have a mess.

And the demise of business happened from paper profits shown from derivatives (a fancy word for junk investments) in over-leveraged realty.

It was like 1929 all over again.

So this double whammy came to a head in 2008 just as John McCain was saying "the fundamentals of our economy are sound!"

He will go down in history as the stupidest dumbazz ever born.

Globalization is making U.S. companies more productive, but the benefits are mostly being enjoyed by the C-suite. The middle class, meanwhile, is struggling to find work, and many of the jobs available are poorly paid.

The most educated, who work in the highly compensated jobs of the tradable and non-tradable sectors, have high and rising incomes and interesting and challenging employment opportunities, domestically and abroad. Many of the middle-income group, however, are seeing employment options narrow and incomes stagnate.

To Americans in the middle, it may seem surprising that it takes a Nobel laureate and sheaves of economic data to reach this unremarkable conclusion. But the analysis and its impeccable provenance matter, because this basic truth about how the world economy is working today is being ignored by most of the politicians in the United States and denied by many of its leading business people.

Corporate profits can only improve if they can (1) shift jobs overseas and/or (2) hire more H1B's.

I am pretty sure those days are over for a while with DJT's election.
Are you kidding? Did you hear how he got hb1 visas for foreign models to come here and work for less? Like you can't find an American model to walk the runway?

Hopefully he knows the game so knows how to stop it because he certainly played the game while he was in the private sector

Lame Duck President Obama SETS ANOTHER RECORD FOR ALL PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES. NONE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THIS BEFORE! WORST RECOVERY IN HISTORY!

FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY TO COMPLETE TWO TERMS WITHOUT A SINGLE GDP OVER THAN 3%

Worst recovery ever!

DP growth annual averages

2009 . . . -2.8%

2010 . . . 2.5%

2011 . . . 1.6%

2012 . . . 2.2%

2013 . . . 1.5%

2014 . . . 2.4%

2015 . . . 2.4%

2016 . . . 0.5%

(Q1; 1st est.; Annualized)

Overall Average 1.3%

Source US Bureau of Economic Analysis

U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Whats the problem? After the GOP handed him a failing auto industry, two un budgeted wars with financing of those wars undercut by tax breaks, medicare part D, failing banks too big to fail, and a housing scandal and crisis, that situation would be frightful enough for ANY president, let alone a new one like Obama was. But to have Repub- lie-con obstructionists take over the financing for 6 years . It took nerves of steel to stay as cool as Obama was I don't give a damn about your GDP growth under Obama after what he had to go through at the hands of the GOP. And now you dumb, prejudiced screwballs have put them in power again.

THE TYPO ERRORS IN THE ABOVE POST HAVE BEEN CORRECTED:

Yea Merkle. Don't ask me for stupid shit and then expect respect. That's like me asking you to provide a video that shows Obama promised hope and change.

Why don't you sit through his little campaign event tapes and listen to him promise everything to everyone.

Just admit it. Like all other politicians he can't possibly deliver on all those promises.

You got skunked. Fess up and admit it then move on.

Forum List

Back