‘No freaking way!’ Teachers revolt over union’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton

Come to think about it--it is kind of early for any Union to endorse a candidate. I would think September or October--after the 1st debate at least.

I don't think there's any rule that says a union has to follow the opinions of its members, is there?

As I understand it, the members willingly transfer that representative power to union leadership, so it's gonna do what it wants to do.

And my 25 year plus as a member has shown me that what you say is very true. But consider they are progressive/liberals who we all know their opinion is the only right one so why bother even asking anyone else?

I don't think there's any rule that says a union has to follow the opinions of its members, is there?

The members willingly transfer that representative power to union leadership, so it's gonna do what it wants to do.

Not quite so

If the leadership acts against the members wishes, then members can recall them.

What the teachers union did was risky, they should have polled their members. Instead, this look a little like they were bought by Hillary.

I am thinking that the majority of members do not have a problem with or give a crap about the endorsement. There is just a very large minority. Playing the majority off of the minority is something the unions do quite well.

As I understand it, the members willingly transfer that representative power to union leadership, so it's gonna do what it wants to do.

And my 25 year plus as a member has shown me that what you say is very true. But consider they are progressive/liberals who we all know their opinion is the only right one so why bother even asking anyone else?
Yeah, that's the tricky part. My guess is that they make a calculation that their actions won't annoy enough members to threaten their jobs.

Much like professional politicians!

Come to think about it--it is kind of early for any Union to endorse a candidate. I would think September or October--after the 1st debate at least.

The article said that members were saying that the union loses leverage making an endorsement so soon. BS, they were never going to do anything else. Look at what the unions said about NAFTA. They said that any politician that backed that bill would be opposed by the democrats, didn't happen they hopped right back in bed with Clinton. Now they want to double down on their hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's the tricky part. My guess is that they make a calculation that their actions won't annoy enough members to threaten their jobs.

Much like professional politicians!

They are just doing what is good for their members even if a large part of them are too stupid to realize it. The unions doing nothing during the Air Traffic Controller strike and then them not doing anything after Clinton pushed "free" trade agreements harder then any thing else during his term. Told me they are nothing but full of hot air.

Hillary?

I thought the teachers would back Scott Walker

Liberals always think everyone agrees with them.

Forum List

Back