"No Fly Zone?" Libya's Flying Tanks & Cars...

Boy,that's some "No Fly Zone" we got over there. I guess Libya has flying Tanks and Cars. Because now we're blowing up and killing guys in Tanks and Cars. Oh well,just another sad scam i guess. :eusa_liar:

Remember? Obama has said that there will be NO boots on the ground...

Go figure, eh?

Maybe he meant Libyan boots.

Yea i just saw some smoldering Tanks & Cars on the News. I guess those flying Tanks & Cars strayed into that dreaded "No Fly Zone." Man i swear some people will believe anything they're told if they want to believe it bad enough. They lied and more Libyans died. That's the fact Jack!

I think you could bomb a bike if you could justify that it was danger to civilians. Political wars are tricky like that.

Libya has flying bikes too? Why would a "No Fly Zone" mean blowing up people riding bikes? Seems ridiculously bizarre to me. And it's very dishonest too. These bombings should end immediately. We have no business being involved with Libya's Civil War.

They'll take out anything that can transport SAMs. Clearly, this is outside your intellectual paygrade.

And now they're looking for al-Megrahi.

He is the key to securing Libya, evidently.

I think you could bomb a bike if you could justify that it was danger to civilians. Political wars are tricky like that.

Libya has flying bikes too? Why would a "No Fly Zone" mean blowing up people riding bikes? Seems ridiculously bizarre to me. And it's very dishonest too. These bombings should end immediately. We have no business being involved with Libya's Civil War.

They'll take out anything that can transport SAMs. Clearly, this is outside your intellectual paygrade.

Boy that's a lot of stuff to "Take Out." Oh well,lots of Libyans to kill i guess. Carry on. :(

Look out for those flying buildings too. Just saw several smoldering buildings on the News too. How many Libyans did they kill in those bombings? Yes,they lied and more Libyans died. So sad. :(

Last edited:
Looks like the Arab League agrees with me. They have withdrawn their support for this Intervention. Apparently they're peeved over being bullshitted about this "No Fly Zone" stuff. They are bombing hundreds of ground targets which include bridges & homes. The Arab League was told it would only be a "No Fly Zone." This is very sad stuff.

Boy,that's some "No Fly Zone" we got over there. I guess Libya has flying Tanks and Cars. Because now we're blowing up and killing guys in Tanks and Cars. Oh well,just another sad scam i guess. :eusa_liar:
Common sense would suggest that once Ghadaffi gets his tanks and military equipment inside his opponents cities, a "No Fly Zone" won't be able to protect its innocent civilians when the fighting is at close quarters.

Ghadaffi's troops continued to attack Benghazi after the "No Fly Zone" came into effect and could easily enter the city under the cover of dark.

Obama didn't want a repeat, like the end of Desert Storm, where GHW Bush encouraged the Iranians to revolt, only to stand by and watch them massacred by Saddam's military.

I guess that President Obama, the military coalition and the 1000's of innocent Lybian civilians whose lives have been spared will just have to learn to live with "LibocalypseNow's" disapproval!

Last edited:
Common sense would suggest that once Ghadaffi gets his tanks and military equipment inside his opponents cities, a "No Fly Zone" won't be able to protect its innocent civilians when the fighting is at close quarters.

Ghadaffi's troops continued to attack Benghazi after the "No Fly Zone" came into effect and could easily enter the city under the cover of dark.

Obama didn't want a repeat, like the end of Desert Storm, where GHW Bush encouraged the Iranians to revolt, only to stand by and watch them massacred by Saddam's military.

I guess that President Obama, the military coalition and the 1000's of innocent Lybian civilians whose lives have been spared will just have to learn to live with "LibocalypseNow's" disapproval!

How many Libyans has this "coalition" killed so far? I'm pretty sure it's a whole bunch. Now they're bombing bridges & homes too. This isn't a "No Fly Zone",it's a massacre. Seriously,what the Hell are we doing killing Libyans? It's their Civil War. What a sad sad disgrace.

Notice how their spin has now quickly changed from "Protecting the Rebels" to "Protecting the Civilians?" Man,what a scam. Next they'll probably claim Gaddafi is worse than Adolf Hitler. How can so many people believe such pitiful & predictable propaganda? "Protecting the Civilians." Yea that's a good one.

Notice how their spin has now quickly changed from "Protecting the Rebels" to "Protecting the Civilians?" Man,what a scam. Next they'll probably claim Gaddafi is worse than Adolf Hitler. How can so many people believe such pitiful & predictable propaganda? "Protecting the Civilians." Yea that's a good one.
The Lybian people, like those in Tunisia and Egypt, have already made it abundantly clear that they want Ghadaffi to go. Based on some of his current rants the Colonel has left no doubt as to what awaits those who had the audacity to oppose him.

After encouraging Iranian civilians to revolt in 1991, GHW Bush, to his eternal shame, then proceeded to stand by and watched them be massacred by Saddam's troops.

Obama doesn't want a similar incident and if a Republican president was currently in office, you can be assured that "LibocalypseNow" and his associates would all be singing a different tune.

Last edited:
Yes we must kill Libyans to "save" the Libyans. I'm pretty sure i've heard that one a few times before. And the Oil has absolutely nothing to do with it either. I know i know,it's all about those poor abused Libyans. This stuff actually makes me want to puke. It's a fucking Libyan Civil War for God's sake. What the Hell are we doing bombing them? What a stupid Foreign Policy. When will this shit ever end?

Yes we must kill Libyans to "save" the Libyans. I'm pretty sure i've heard that one a few times before. And the Oil has absolutely nothing to do with it either. I know i know,it's all about those poor abused Libyans. This stuff actually makes me want to puke. It's a fucking Libyan Civil War for God's sake. What the Hell are we doing bombing them? What a stupid Foreign Policy. When will this shit ever end?

They're taking out military installations, which is in line with the UN Resolution. That's how you enforce a 'no fly zone'. Your stupidity is not reality.

Sad isn't it when someone makes sweeping statements about a subject he obviously hasn't read up on and fails to understand anyway!

Since you clearly haven't read and understood the UN mandate on the the No Fly Zone, here are the key details:

The UN Security Council resolution, passed on Thursday, authorises a no-fly zone over Libya and "all necessary measures" to protect civilians from attacks by Muammar Gaddafi's forces.

These are the key points:

•Demands "the immediate establishment of a ceasefire and a complete end to violence and all attacks against, and abuses of, civilians".
•Demands that Libyan authorities "take all measures to protect civilians and meet their basic needs, and to ensure the rapid and unimpeded passage of humanitarian assistance".
•Authorises UN member states "to take all necessary measures ... to protect civilians and civilian populated areas under threat of attack in the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, including Benghazi, while excluding a foreign occupation force of any form on any part of Libyan territory".
•Decides "to establish a ban on all flights in the airspace of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya in order to help protect civilians", but says humanitarian flights and flights authorised by the UN and Arab League can take place.
•Strengthens the arms embargo imposed on February 26 by calling on UN member states "to inspect in their territory, including airports and seaports, and on the high seas, vessels and aircraft bound to or from" Libya if the country has information with "reasonable grounds" to believe the cargo contains banned military items, or that armed mercenaries are being transported.
•Orders all states to prevent any Libyan owned, operated, or registered aircraft - or any aircraft believed to be carrying prohibited weapons or mercenaries - to take off, land or overfly their territory without prior approval from the UN committee monitoring sanctions.

I assume you do know what 'all necessary measures' actually means. On second thoughts, I am probably assuming too much.

Forum List

Back