No Evidence

except that he didn't show it on either thermometer.

So what? You think it was 44C in Spokane in July?

Actually the first step would have been to benchmark the two bottles with the thermometers first to show they would read the same before the experiment started.

The one with dry ice was probably colder. So what?

but you'd never understand that, you don't do experiments. I do.

Excellent! You do any where the bottle in the Sun didn't get warmer than the surroundings?

I did so enjoy the comedy of filling the air bottle.

Yes, that was funny.

I bet he thinks air went in it

I bet he knew it was already filled with air.
Excellent! You do any where the bottle in the Sun didn't get warmer than the surroundings?

dude, the bottles were on the ground. dude you are easily influenced. I'm so so sorry

dude, the bottles were on the ground. dude you are easily influenced. I'm so so sorry.

Yes, bottles on the ground got warmer than the surroundings.
You never said, are you pretending to be stupid to make SSDD feel better?
the ground got warmer correct. the thermometer read the heat from the ground.

It's still called control, he should have measured the temperature of the ground ahead of him placing the bottles on it. you aren't very bright.

And if they both were warmed by the ground, why did the CO2 bottle warm more?
well duh, he didn't control his experiment so perhaps the. thermometer, or perhaps he heated the one when he touched them. again, you seem to miss the control experiment thingy. you're funny. he should have left the camera running focused on the readings the entire time.

Yes, the heat he added by touching it must have been important after 30 minutes in the Sun. LOL!

dude, the bottles were on the ground. dude you are easily influenced. I'm so so sorry

dude, the bottles were on the ground. dude you are easily influenced. I'm so so sorry.

It's still called control, he should have measured the temperature of the ground ahead of him placing the bottles on it. you aren't very bright.

The grass was warmer than the air? By 19C-24C? LOL!
the soil. wow.so you don't think dirt gets warmer than the air?

Dirt?

Go to 2:01 LOL!

so now you think grass doesn't grow in dirt? ever walk on a hot beach? that's sand, similar type of thing. just saying, you keep showing how little you know.

Dirt?

so now you think grass doesn't grow in dirt? ever walk on a hot beach? that's sand, similar type of thing. just saying, you keep showing how little you know.

well duh, he didn't control his experiment so perhaps the. thermometer, or perhaps he heated the one when he touched them. again, you seem to miss the control experiment thingy. you're funny. he should have left the camera running focused on the readings the entire time.

Yes, the heat he added by touching it must have been important after 30 minutes in the Sun. LOL!
I have no idea what he did in thirty minutes, but he touched the thermometers, how do I know he didn't heat them both with one more than the other. hmmm it's why most people control their experiments. amazing how little you know about experiments. It does explain the nonsense that goes on in here with your posts, though.

Dirt?

so you still have nothing. experiment contaminated. ask any scientist. any.

I have no idea what he did in thirty minutes, but he touched the thermometers, how do I know he didn't heat them both with one more than the other. hmmm it's why most people control their experiments. amazing how little you know about experiments. It does explain the nonsense that goes on in here with your posts, though.

He touched the shit out of them!!!

Dirt?

No one knows what he did, but he admitted touching them after the camera was off. Contaminated the outcome!

Dirt?

You’re working hard at being stupid that is for sure!

No one knows what he did, but he admitted touching them after the camera was off. Contaminated the outcome!

Did you ever find that experiment where the bottle in the Sun did not heat up more than the surroundings?

Dirt?

And yet another physics "expert" using CO2 in a plastic bottle to prove what?
The ambient temperature was 25C and had the same CO2 concentration as the "air" bottle....which got to 45C after baking for 30 minutes in the sun. The bottle where all the air had been replaced with CO2 got 5 degrees warmer. He wants to ignore the effect the bottle had in this experiment. So let`s do that and say that if we were pumping enough CO2 into the air as he had in the bottle 100/ .04 = 2500 times as much as we have now the air would be 5 degrees warmer than it was where he did that. Sounds reasonable.
If it is, then it makes no sense at all that you can get 2 degrees warmer just by adding another 200/10^6 parts of CO2 to 1 part of air.... Using this experiment and the same fake linear correlation this pseudo science supports with their CO2 and Temperature over time graphs you would need 40 % CO2 in the air to account for the rise in temperature and not just 0.04%
As for you thinking that video proved your point, try again and see if that bottle would get any warmer if you don`t have the sun cooking it.I don`t care if the bottle contains 100% CO2 or just air as long as you do it at night.

Last edited:
I love the way you hardcore denier science types constantly decide what's right and what is wrong by the way it "sounds". Yah. Dat be proof for sure dat be.

Last edited:

Dirt?

The ambient temperature was 25C and had the same CO2 concentration as the "air" bottle....which got to 45C after baking for 30 minutes in the sun. The bottle where all the air had been replaced with CO2 got 5 degrees warmer. He wants to ignore the effect the bottle had in this experiment. So let`s do that and say that if we were pumping enough CO2 into the air as he had in the bottle 100/ .04 = 2500 times as much as we have now the air would be 5 degrees warmer than it was where he did that. Sounds reasonable.
If it is, then it makes no sense at all that you can get 2 degrees warmer just by adding another 200/10^6 parts of CO2 to 1 part of air.... Using this experiment and the same fake linear correlation this pseudo science supports with their CO2 and Temperature over time graphs you would need 40 % CO2 in the air to account for the rise in temperature and not just 0.04%
As for you thinking that video proved your point, try again and see if that bottle would get any warmer if you don`t have the sun cooking it.I don`t care if the bottle contains 100% CO2 or just air as long as you do it at night.

Description - Dry ice sublimates in transparent bottle. This bottle and a bottle of air is placed in sunlight, and the temperature is measured 30 minutes later. The bottle of carbon dioxide has a higher temperature.

The ambient temperature was 25C and had the same CO2 concentration as the "air" bottle....which got to 45C after baking for 30 minutes in the sun. The bottle where all the air had been replaced with CO2 got 5 degrees warmer. He wants to ignore the effect the bottle had in this experiment.

What "effect" did the bottle have?

As for you thinking that video proved your point,

My point? JC456 said, "show me a bottle that gets warmer"

No Evidence

The video showed two that got warmer.

Dirt?

Description - Dry ice sublimates in transparent bottle. This bottle and a bottle of air is placed in sunlight, and the temperature is measured 30 minutes later. The bottle of carbon dioxide has a higher temperature.

The ambient temperature was 25C and had the same CO2 concentration as the "air" bottle....which got to 45C after baking for 30 minutes in the sun. The bottle where all the air had been replaced with CO2 got 5 degrees warmer. He wants to ignore the effect the bottle had in this experiment.

No Evidence

You have to ask what effect the bottle had watching a video where only the bottled air got hotter?
Your point was that the bottle got warmer than it`s surroundings was supposed to be evidence that the bottle got heated by the surrounding air. If that were the case then it should also be able to get warmer than ambient without the sun.
After countless posts where you said a cold object can warm a warmer one you now say that the only thing you need is to show a bottle that gets warmer (under the sun which is not colder by the bottle) to prove your point. Your "explanations" are even more ridiculous than those of Bill Clinton`s relationship with "that women".

Dirt?

No Evidence

You have to ask what effect the bottle had watching a video where only the bottled air got hotter?
Your point was that the bottle got warmer than it`s surroundings was supposed to be evidence that the bottle got heated by the surrounding air. If that were the case then it should also be able to get warmer than ambient without the sun.
After countless posts where you said a cold object can warm a warmer one you now say that the only thing you need is to show a bottle that gets warmer (under the sun which is not colder by the bottle) to prove your point. Your "explanations" are even more ridiculous than those of Bill Clinton`s relationship with "that women".

Well, the guy doing the experiment was trying to show, I guess, that the bottle with CO2 would get warmer than the bottle with air. In his case, the bottles "canceled each other out". Get it?

In JC456's case, he was pretending to be dumb, claiming a bottle would not get warmer than the surroundings if placed in the Sun. Get it?

Your point was that the bottle got warmer than it`s surroundings was supposed to be evidence that the bottle got heated by the surrounding air.

No. Wrong. Not even a little.

After countless posts where you said a cold object can warm a warmer one

Link to a few where I said that. Or even one.

I just got around to looking at the video of the two bottles. It was very amusing. That simple experiment should really shut up those who think CO2 has no ability to affect radiation. Polarbear and JC are such sore losers, lashing out about touching the thermometer, or laying bottles on the ground, or thermometers being miscalibrated by 5 C or 9 F. If cheating was used in the experiment, you can guarantee that there will be a whole host of videos put out by the deniers.

I just got around to looking at the video of the two bottles. It was very amusing. That simple experiment should really shut up those who think CO2 has no ability to affect radiation. Polarbear and JC are such sore losers, lashing out about touching the thermometer, or laying bottles on the ground, or thermometers being miscalibrated by 5 C or 9 F. If cheating was used in the experiment, you can guarantee that there will be a whole host of videos put out by the deniers.
dude, I don't believe the experiment. it is contaminated. Do it again, following the steps I laid out and then show it to me again. I'd add one additional step, lets see what the plastic of the bottle emits. it emits in all direction correct? So that would mean it would emit internally. That experiment is so flawed scientists would laugh at it too.

Did you ever find that experiment where the bottle in the Sun did not heat up more than the surroundings?
still waiting for a valid test to prove it does.

Heat of compression. Look it up....Again, you demonstrate how easily you are fooled.

Here is the text of an experiment that explains it.

Der CO2-Treibhauseffekt - Internet-Vademecum - A. Brandenberger

What compression? Both bottles were open to the atmosphere and then capped and lain out in the sun. The pressure did go up inside them afterwards but it was as a result of them being radiantly heated.

Forum List

Back