No eating, no drinking and no sex

Shitty marketing campaign

Yeah, sounds like a real blast. Gimme Christmas anytime.

The end is a great party.
The whole village wander around shaking hands with each other and being nice to everyone.
We forgive any wrongdoing, bad deeds and anything that's really bugged us over the previous year.
The really nice thing - we actually mean it.

It's not about fun, more learning what it's like to be poor and hungry and trying to help those in need.

Is there anything bad about any of that?

Nope, nothing wrong with any of that. How do you determine when Ramadan takes place? Seems to be a different time every year.

Isn't Ramadan the time traditional muslims use to attack and murder one another?

We're doing well.
Attempts at smart comments but no one wiling to explore what it means to be hungry.

Is the world really that cruel?

Fuck Ramadan

I vaguely remember US and UN troops standing down, in Iraq, for Ramadan.

No reciprocation for Christmas, though
Thanks for sharing, hortysir. I am in literal shock.

Just don't burn the koran and everything will be fine

US Military Burns Bibles but Condemns Burning Korans

it looks like those who burned Korans that had been written in to deliver secret messages to other prisoners may have to stand trial. We’re not hearing anything about whether those who killed US troops over the affair will suffer a similar fate.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai had accused a United States officer of “ignorantly” burning copies of the Koran. As a result, rioters took to the streets. So far, 11 people, in addition to the two U.S. servicemen, have been killed.

Demonstrations have drawn thousands of angry Afghans to the streets, chanting “Death to America!”

“NATO officials, in response to a request for the trial and punishment of the perpetrators … promised this crime will brought to court as soon as possible,” Karzai’s office said in a statement.

President Barack Obama sent a letter to Karzai apologizing for the burning of the Korans, after Afghan laborers found charred copies while collecting rubbish at the Bagram Air Base
US Military Burns Bibles but Condemns Burning Korans - Godfather Politics

Fuck Ramadan

I vaguely remember US and UN troops standing down, in Iraq, for Ramadan.

No reciprocation for Christmas, though
Thanks for sharing, hortysir. I am in literal shock.

Just don't burn the koran and everything will be fine

US Military Burns Bibles but Condemns Burning Korans

it looks like those who burned Korans that had been written in to deliver secret messages to other prisoners may have to stand trial. We’re not hearing anything about whether those who killed US troops over the affair will suffer a similar fate.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai had accused a United States officer of “ignorantly” burning copies of the Koran. As a result, rioters took to the streets. So far, 11 people, in addition to the two U.S. servicemen, have been killed.

Demonstrations have drawn thousands of angry Afghans to the streets, chanting “Death to America!”

“NATO officials, in response to a request for the trial and punishment of the perpetrators … promised this crime will brought to court as soon as possible,” Karzai’s office said in a statement.

President Barack Obama sent a letter to Karzai apologizing for the burning of the Korans, after Afghan laborers found charred copies while collecting rubbish at the Bagram Air Base
US Military Burns Bibles but Condemns Burning Korans - Godfather Politics
This is, um, old news. Do you have anything new to add? Perhaps you need a vacation and a fresh perspective?

Saying you are a 'sheep shagger' is supposed to be funny, or are you serious?

I would give it a go, but I would want to be an actual Muslim before I took part. I am still trying to decide if that is the path I wish to follow.

I would give it a go, but I would want to be an actual Muslim before I took part. I am still trying to decide if that is the path I wish to follow.

You have to follow what you think is right.
No one can force you and no one can guide you.

I would like to welcome you to Islam but it has to be something you feel is right.

Regardless of what you decide, may peace be upon you.

Yeah, sounds like a real blast. Gimme Christmas anytime.

The end is a great party.
The whole village wander around shaking hands with each other and being nice to everyone.
We forgive any wrongdoing, bad deeds and anything that's really bugged us over the previous year.
The really nice thing - we actually mean it.

It's not about fun, more learning what it's like to be poor and hungry and trying to help those in need.

Is there anything bad about any of that?

Nope, nothing wrong with any of that. How do you determine when Ramadan takes place? Seems to be a different time every year.

Lunar calendar (a lot like Easter).
That's why it moves around.

I would like to welcome you to Islam but it has to be something you feel is right.

I think I would be a crap Muslim though. I'd lose my faith too often and would probably not even pray for days at a time. I should do it if I can be committed. Its been something that has been on my mind for years, though.

Saying you are a 'sheep shagger' is supposed to be funny, or are you serious?

Black people are accepted in society.
Gay people are commonly accepted in society.

One day, my sexual preference will be something I don't have to conduct in dark fields while the farmer is asleep.

I think I would be a crap Muslim though. I'd lose my faith too often and would probably not even pray for days at a time. I should do it if I can be committed. Its been something that has been on my mind for years, though.

No worries.
I'm also a crap Muslim but far less crap than I was as a Christian.
I smashed 9 out of 10 commandments. Adultery was the most fun and most commonly broken.

I don't do any of the bad things any more.

The rest is arguable but all the best things in my life have happened since I decided to become a Muslim.
Coincidence or gifts from the Almighty?
I have no clue and I'm not even close to arrogant enough to claim they're divine.

I know some Muslim converts (or reverts as we're commonly called) have gone down the wrong path. They've been seduced by extremists for their own use.
White converts are considered very useful by the idiot end of Islam as we blend into a western dominated situation, thus are better at bombing because we look less suspicious in a crowd.
There is a bad side to Islam; groups that pervert the religion for their own ends.
As you explore us, keep a weather eye out for such people.
Equally - Don't let the foolish make you reject Islam because of their activities.
The vast majority of Muslims are just people like anyone else.

You'll also find vast differences in the way Muslims see Islam.
South East Asia tends to be a softer version than Pakistan or much of the middle east.
Oddly enough, the Iranians I've met have all been fantastic people - pity about their daft government.

Take things at your own pace, don't let anyone try to push you either way and you'll find what's right for you.

Have a story.
I went to see a couple of blokes I'd been talking to; that was the week after I converted to Islam.
The first, an Iranian doctor, welcomed me with open arms and told me stories of Iran and the way people lived in that country.
We had a really interesting conversation about practical life as a Muslim.
The second, a Pakistani doctor explained how I would be killed if I ever rejected Islam.

The first bloke gave him a flea in his ear for that stupidity.

As in all groups, there are good and bad.
Just be good, whatever you decide to do in your religious life.

Forum List

Back