No Debt Ceiling Deal Until a Budget is Passed

We raise the debt ceiling to cover the spending that occurred.
It always seems to be higher then the year before.
And we don't have a new budget.
They keep using CR's on the old budget...

Anybody else have a problem with this....

And all we get from the left is we don't have a spending problem....
Now is not the time to cut spending.
We need to increase spending...
That's the only way out of this bad Obama economy...

Really? That simple huh? And you think the House will just timidly go along?

why didn't the Republicans just accept the Budget Control Act of 2011 (fiscal cliff) - if they are really serious about bringing spending and revenue under control - rather than partisan politics ?

You got your tax increases, now you're gonna get the spending cuts. What goes around comes around.

Hey hey hey. How much of your Air Force retirement are you willing to give up? 5%, 10%, what's the magic number for you?

The economy will be fine if we can do things that generate demand. Cutting spending does the opposite.

"Generate demand?" What kind of magical ferry dust is that?

Prove cutting spending will hurt the economy.

So if I max out my credit card, I should just keep charging on it and I'll be fine?

Last edited:
why didn't the Republicans just accept the Budget Control Act of 2011 (fiscal cliff) - if they are really serious about bringing spending and revenue under control - rather than partisan politics ?

You got your tax increases, now you're gonna get the spending cuts. What goes around comes around.

Hey hey hey. How much of your Air Force retirement are you willing to give up? 5%, 10%, what's the magic number for you?
The exact same amount every other government employee and retiree in the nation gives up.

Excuse me, but the whole Congress hasn't passed a budget since 1996, including the 6 years that the GOP controlled both Houses.
The House of Representatives has passed two, moron.

Two in 17 years? Boy, that's a record of fiscal responsibility to be proud of, ain't it?

You surely don't mean that the House, by sending a budget that they knew was DOA in the Senate, you mean that you don't find that responsible governing? You mean you expect Congress to work together in a bi partisan manner to bring a serious budget to the Pres?

And isn't it the Rethug controlled House given the responsibility to propose a responsible budget that would get the support of the opposing party. SO that we had a real, agreed upon budget. That the Pres wouldn't veto.

No, the rethug like to propose legislation they know will go no where. For some reason it seems to appeal to them to never get anything positive done.

The House of Representatives has passed two, moron.

Two in 17 years? Boy, that's a record of fiscal responsibility to be proud of, ain't it?

You surely don't mean that the House, by sending a budget that they knew was DOA in the Senate, you mean that you don't find that responsible governing? You mean you expect Congress to work together in a bi partisan manner to bring a serious budget to the Pres?

And isn't it the Rethug controlled House given the responsibility to propose a responsible budget that would get the support of the opposing party. SO that we had a real, agreed upon budget. That the Pres wouldn't veto.

No, the rethug like to propose legislation they know will go no where. For some reason it seems to appeal to them to never get anything positive done.
Let me guess... you have brown eyes... or you should have because you're full of shit clear up to your forehead.

It is DINGY HARRY AND THE SENATE DEMOCRAPS that have FORBIDDEN there be a budget all the while obama has been president. Why? Because they don't want any LIMITATIONS ON THEIR SPENDING! They want obama and themselves to have a BLANK CHECK. The reason CONSERVATIVE proposed budgets get thrown in the toilet by DEMOCRAPS is because they have SPENDING CUTS and a BALANCED BUDGET APPROACH to them. SOMEBODY might lose their OBAMA PHONE!

Your lies won't wash here.

Last edited:
The economy will be fine if we can do things that generate demand. Cutting spending does the opposite.

So if I max out my credit card, I should just keep charging on it and I'll be fine?

Is it "fairy" dust? Or is it common sense? You seem to think that the federal government cannot do things that increase demand in the free marketplace. I wonder where you got that idea?

You seek proof? Will you accept it if you see it? I'll present this:

Fiscal Cliff 2013: Why American Austerity is Not the Answer To US Fiscal Woes

The US economy is a little different from your personal finances. I would not advise maxing out your credit card.

The Budget of the United States Government often begins as the President's proposal to the U.S. Congress which recommends funding levels for the next fiscal year, beginning October 1. However, Congress is the body required by law to pass a budget annually and to submit the budget passed by both houses to the President for signature. Congressional decisions are governed by rules and legislation regarding the federal budget process. Budget committees set spending limits for the House and Senate committees and for Appropriations subcommittees, which then approve individual appropriations bills to allocate funding to various federal programs. from wiki.

My bad, I forget to blame the President for EVERYTHING.

Is it "fairy" dust? Or is it common sense? You seem to think that the federal government cannot do things that increase demand in the free marketplace. I wonder where you got that idea?

The US economy is a little different from your personal finances. I would not advise maxing out your credit card.

We are 16 trillion in debt....
The Democrat response.
We need to spend more!!!

We don't have the money to spend Democrats...
No problem we will just borrow it.

You want to borrow money so we can spend it...
That's right,that's who we are and that's what we were put on this earth to do.

How much in debt do you want to put us Democrats...
Oh $20 trillion sounds like a good place to be....for now!!!

:mad:

The Democrat response.
We need to spend more!!!

:mad:

I'm sorry. Did I ever suggest that we go deeper into debt? I know you are a tool and have never REALLY given this subject any thought...but please keep your outrage at my comments limited to my comments.

We are currently spending less as a percentage of GDP than we were a year ago. This is not an increase in spending.....in the eyes of reasonable people. Reasonable people also ACCEPT THE FACT that the debt we are in was created by borrowing to pay for things that are not even on your radar for cuts.

You are very interested in assigning blame for the accumulation of the debt to Democrats. See anything wrong with that?

The Democrat response.
We need to spend more!!!

How did we get there? You think bush's 1.4 T deficit had anything to do with it? over the last 30 years, everytime we have a red president, the deficit went up, everytime we had a blue president, the deficit went down. obama is shrinking the deficit. but you're too dumb to notice, you just live in a magical fantasy world where obama can snap his fingers and take the deficit from 1t to zero as quickly as bush took us from zero to 1t. You want the budget cut by a THIRD? Where do you think thats supposed to come from?

Ok, if someone is taking home a salary and is able to buy things, people are able to have jobs making things for those people to buy. If you fire 500k people, there are that many people no longer buying those things. And now the economy is smaller.

If you let bridges fall down instead of spending money repairing them, you waste money building a new one when maintaining the old one would have been much more efficient- see I35W and broken window fallacy.

The credit card is no where near maxed out. Rents due though. Looks like you wasted your paycheck at the tittybar, are you going to put rent on your credit card or get thrown out on the street, dumbass? Your terrible decisions arnt an excuse to make more terrible decisions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back