No Debt Ceiling Deal Until a Budget is Passed

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The republican plan going forward is that there will not be a long term debt ceiling increase until the House and the Senate pass a budget. I presume they will not allow a default if no budget is done, which could mean a series of 3 month type deals. How do you feel about that?

Personally, I'm good with this idea. I don't see why the Senate should be allowed to get away with going more than 3 years without passing a budget. I mean, that's what they're supposed to do, the House passes a budget, the Senate passes theirs, and they work out a compromise. But I also think a passed budget should also automatically extend the debt ceiling.

"I...er... um ....ah ......will read a letter I got from little Timmy in Tupelo"

Dear Mr President

Please print mo' money. Budgets are for bitches.

Timmy

and...er um....uh....Timmy is right we can do better than this

Last edited:
Cut to Joe Biden nodding approvingly in the background of "Timmy's No Budget Bitches Letter" in 1, 2, 3, 4

Obama and the Dems got their beloved tax hikes, now it's time for the GOP to get their spending cuts. Which is gonna happen, sequestration is the law just like the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts was the law. Remember when the dems wouldn't give an inch when the time came to talk spending cuts? Well baby, the worm has turned.

just accept the Sequestration ... the Democrats will simply add revenues to separate out the programs they intend to support.

just accept the Sequestration ... the Democrats will simply add revenues to separate out the programs they intend to support.

Really? That simple huh? And you think the House will just timidly go along?

why didn't the Republicans just accept the Budget Control Act of 2011 (fiscal cliff) - if they are really serious about bringing spending and revenue under control - rather than partisan politics ?

The republican plan going forward is that there will not be a long term debt ceiling increase until the House and the Senate pass a budget. I presume they will not allow a default if no budget is done, which could mean a series of 3 month type deals. How do you feel about that?

Personally, I'm good with this idea. I don't see why the Senate should be allowed to get away with going more than 3 years without passing a budget. I mean, that's what they're supposed to do, the House passes a budget, the Senate passes theirs, and they work out a compromise. But I also think a passed budget should also automatically extend the debt ceiling.

Excuse me, but the whole Congress hasn't passed a budget since 1996, including the 6 years that the GOP controlled both Houses.

Excuse me, but the whole Congress hasn't passed a budget since 1996, including the 6 years that the GOP controlled both Houses.

And you think that matters, if it is true? You're telling me Congress has been passing CRs for 17 fucking years? And you're telling me that's a good enough reason to keep doing it instead of going through an actual Budget process that the law requires?

why didn't the Republicans just accept the Budget Control Act of 2011 (fiscal cliff) - if they are really serious about bringing spending and revenue under control - rather than partisan politics ?

You got your tax increases, now you're gonna get the spending cuts. What goes around comes around.

You got your tax increases, now you're gonna get the spending cuts. What goes around comes around.

... now you're gonna get the spending cuts.

Sequestration is the law, not what the Republicans decide they want to cut.

I am sorry but that doesn't sound quite right, see page 2-

No congressional budget resolution’s for years-

98 for 99, 02 for 03, 04 for 05, 06 for 07, 10 for 11, 11 for 12 12 for 13.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0E,*PLS2#

Theres already been a trillion dollars in spending cuts, how are you so stupid that you think firing people will solve a recession?

The House of Representatives has passed two, moron.

The House of Representatives has passed two, moron.

Two in 17 years? Boy, that's a record of fiscal responsibility to be proud of, ain't it?

Take a look at this post of yours wiseacre. Is it something that you are proud of?

You have been convinced that austerity is something to be desired and that federal spending is largely wasteful......with too much going to support lazy people.

You think someon else is getting what should be going to you. And you think cuts in government spending will result in you having more. You deserve it!

These republicans talk smack then cave in like little bitches.....
Now they are putting off spending cuts for another 3 months...
Then when that deadline comes up what then....
Oh it's not a good time to deal with spending cuts...

Excuses,excuses....

I'm fed up with all these pukes...

Forum List

Back