No Debate Allowed in the Classroom

Creationism is a religious subject to a degree. But that does not mean for many it isn't a valid theory as to why everything on Earth exists.

Besides the fact that there is a ton of scientific evidence to suggest otherwise I actually don't see why it isn't being taught in a high school classroom. I'm not saying devote an entire class to the subject, rather insert it into the curriculum. I would have like to at least hear more about it when I was in high school, instead of just hearing people say it's stupid.

Creationism is a religious subject to a degree. But that does not mean for many it isn't a valid theory as to why everything on Earth exists.

Besides the fact that there is a ton of scientific evidence to suggest otherwise I actually don't see why it isn't being taught in a high school classroom. I'm not saying devote an entire class to the subject, rather insert it into the curriculum. I would have like to at least hear more about it when I was in high school, instead of just hearing people say it's stupid.

Maybe we should teach the theory that the entire Universe came into being 20 years ago and everyone was set here with false memories to make the world seem older. Can you prove that theory wrong? Nope. Couldn't prove it true, either, but hey-- its a valid viewpoint so if its popular enough we should teach it as science, right? Science class should be all about teaching what is popular.

Right, because making a theory up on the spot is totally valid. Creationism has been around for the past 90 years.

Not saying it should be taught in a science class room. But I would have at least liked to have some sort of option to learn about it.

And there is a reason I am saying High School rather than middle or elementary. It's idiotic, and most people understand it isn't valid. That doesn't mean it should just be condemned.

Right, because making a theory up on the spot is totally valid. Creationism has been around for the past 90 years.
I had no idea that the age of a theory made it valid or not.

Not saying it should be taught in a science class room. But I would have at least liked to have some sort of option to learn about it.
You do have the option. Its called pick up a fucking Bible, and read Genesis. That's IT. That's what the "theory" of Creation is. If Genesis is too complicated for you to understand on your own, you defintely need a refund on your education.

And there is a reason I am saying High School rather than middle or elementary. It's idiotic, and most people understand it isn't valid. That doesn't mean it should just be condemned.

Its not being "condemned". Am I "condeming" Dr. Seuss by suggesting he isn't fit subject material for a high school English class?

The liberals do have their priorities.
They must make sure that the children
starting in the third grade know how to successfully
put a condom on them selves or their life partner
and how to bring their lover to a complete and fulfilling
orgasm.

The reading and math stuff is not important because
they probably wont get a job anyway when they graduate.
And why should they when Nancy Pelosi and her ilk
feel that unemployment does more to stimulate the economy.

A turd in a punchbowl...

Campus Roundup: The View from the Ivory Tower

July 8, 2013 By Sara Dogan

■The regents of the University of Colorado moved to go forward with an independent survey to determine whether there is sufficient respect for political diversity on the Boulder campus. A second measure, which would have banned discrimination based on political affiliation or belief, was considered by the regents but postponed for further review.

■Members of the University of Buffalo’s chapter of Students for Life have filed a lawsuit against the University charging that administrators violated their constitutional rights by forcing them to spend over $600 on unnecessary security for a campus event because university officials deemed it “controversial.”

■An instructor at Florida Atlantic University, who was barred from campus last fall after instructing students in his class to write the word “Jesus” on a piece of paper and then step on it, has been rehired by the university. Administrators came to the conclusion that the instructor had done nothing wrong.

Campus Roundup: The View from the Ivory Tower | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back