No Court Martial for Lt. Col. West

Whether the guy had info or not, West and his men didn't know that. In this case the end justified the means, but what of the precedent set for future interrogations of innocents who have no info and are law abiding citizens? It sounds like some of you may think that torturing them may be OK. If that is the case, what is the difference between Saddam's brutal treatment of insurgents and that of the US?

It tells future combatants that if they perform terrorist attacks and ambushes, they will be killed. These are not typical enemies they are against.

I find your attitude disturbing.

Now ask me how much I care what you think.

how great a people we are

Not only do we show them that but also how easy it is to take advantage of us and our greatness !

While I agree that the rule of law must be followed, and that we must treat occupied peoples with dignity, this is not a sporting event, where fair play gains you respect.

These people understand one thing, force, and if it is necessary to save American lives, well then so be it. Keep in mind neither you or I are in that situation, and it is quite easy to pass judgment on our soliders. Since my life is not on the line, I won't dare do this, I carry far more respect for our brave men and women.

This man was not some rogue element, he was a career military man with an outstanding record, he did what he felt was necessary to protect his men. You are right, the end did justify the means.

Whether you find it disturbing or not I agree with Jim, this guy should have had some lead deposited in his brain !!!

Bam, I'm an old woman. Yet I must say that if the young people were under my command, I'd use whatever means necessary to ensure their safety to the best of my ability. If that meant 'drama' well so be it.

I don't think this guy deserves medals, since it seems indisputable that he acted outside of parameters, yet the ends DO justify the means, since the flipside would have been casualties or the escape of enemies.

Originally posted by lomadearena
He was just doing what idiot Bush told him to do.

Yeah, we shouldn't ask people to backup their inane statements. We should just read garbage such as this and take it for gospel.

"You infidels, there are no foaming at the mouth liberals on the US Message Board!"

This crap never fails to leave me shaking my head. Where do these people come from? :(

Originally posted by jimnyc

Now ask me how much I care what you think.

I don't need to ask, you certainly care enough to take the time to read my posts and respond to them.

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
I don't need to ask, you certainly care enough to take the time to read my posts and respond to them.

-Bam

I take the time to wipe my ass before I leave the bathroom as well, what's your point?

I take the time to wipe my ass before I leave the bathroom as well, what's your point?

That explains the general quality of your posts here then...

-Bam

That explains the general quality of your posts here then...

-Bam

Feel free to do one of the following then:

1) Ignore me and don't respond to me
2) Leave

Can you handle those choices?

Feel free to do one of the following then:

1) Ignore me and don't respond to me
2) Leave

Can you handle those choices?

I'll do #1 if you do. Deal?

-Bam

I'll do #1 if you do. Deal?

-Bam

Well, you are free to ignore me if you so choose to. As owner of the board I cannot ignore you. Don't make your posts personal towards me and I don't think we'll have a problem. If you find me "disturbing", either ignore me or send me a PM. When you post it you are naturally going to get a reply, and most likely one you don't like.

Forum List

Back