No Country For Old Men

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Everything worked in this movie... the detail, the acting, everything EXCEPT the storyline. I've never seen a story where the antogonist and the protagonist never confronted each other at the peak of the movie where there is the most suspense. The antagonist died a meaningless death and the protagonist never dies. Then it's all a dream? How did this movie win the Oscars?

Everything worked in this movie... the detail, the acting, everything EXCEPT the storyline. I've never seen a story where the antogonist and the protagonist never confronted each other at the peak of the movie where there is the most suspense. The antagonist died a meaningless death and the protagonist never dies. Then it's all a dream? How did this movie win the Oscars?

Because it is a beautiful movie.

Because it is a beautiful movie.

The plot doesn't make sense. It keeps bringing us closer and closer to the protagonist and the antogonist having a direct conflict with each other and they never do. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The plot doesn't make sense. It keeps bringing us closer and closer to the protagonist and the antogonist having a direct conflict with each other and they never do. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Such is life, he told him he would kill his wife and he did, end of.

It was okay right up until the end. I didn't like the ending. My husband and I both turned to one another and said wtf?

It was okay right up until the end. I didn't like the ending. My husband and I both turned to one another and said wtf?

You didn't even get to see the protagonist get killed by the Mexicans. The last 15 minutes really sucked. I'm looking forward to better movies next year.

Then it's all a dream?

What? I must have missed that part.

At the end of the movie there was someone describing a dream he had had, but I didn't at all get the impression that the previous events in the movie were part of that dream.

One of my favorite things about the Coen brothers' movies is that their plots stray from forumla in ways that often feel, if not real-life, at least organic.

The lack of a climatic, decisive showdown may be counter to certain ancient traditions of drama, but the plot doesn't defy sensibility in a cause-and-effect sort of way.

It did result in a lack of tidy resolution but I thought that was appropriate to the basic feel and flow of the movie.

Heh, I got the wtf feeling, too, I just thought it matched the movie pretty well.

What? I must have missed that part.

At the end of the movie there was someone describing a dream he had had, but I didn't at all get the impression that the previous events in the movie were part of that dream.

One of my favorite things about the Coen brothers' movies is that their plots stray from forumla in ways that often feel, if not real-life, at least organic.

The lack of a climatic, decisive showdown may be counter to certain ancient traditions of drama, but the plot doesn't defy sensibility in a cause-and-effect sort of way.

It did result in a lack of tidy resolution but I thought that was appropriate to the basic feel and flow of the movie.

Heh, I got the wtf feeling, too, I just thought it matched the movie pretty well.

There was no resolution at all. Was the wife killed? Who smacked into the bad guy's car? What happened to him?

Forum List

Back