No connection to al Qaeda? Fascinating

Nothing Cheney said was a lie. And he did not say Iraq was involved in 911. You know it, I know it and I suspect even the rabid leftwing Bush haters that are not mental midgets know it.

See, again, you're jumping to conclusions. I never said he lied there.

All I'm saying is that the dumb ass fucking sheep were easily propagandized into making the link THEMSELVES, by watching their leaders and favorite political pundits talk about 9/11, Iraq, Saddam, terrorism, etc, for almost 2 years leading up to the invasion.

I know, because I was ONE of those dumb ass fucking sheep.

Do you not understand how propaganda works?

Come on Gunny, when the invasion was being sold, you can't tell me that the majority of Americans weren't eating up the notion of Al-Qaeda/9-11 and Saddam being linked. That's HOW the invasion was sold, besides the WMD part.

Incorrect. I have posted on more than one occasion the official White House statement released on 9-14-2001 stating that there was no connection between Saddam and the attacks on 9/11.

What the majority of Americans chose to assume due to their own ignorance and laziness is not the US government's responsibility.

MOST people are uneducated on the topic of the Middle East. Even now, after almost 7 years since 9/11...7 years of so many people arguing their FACES off about how Middle East policy should be conducted...most people are STILL uneducated on the Middle East.

True enough.

That's mainly because MOST people don't CARE enough. We get no help from the MSM, as they're only giving you the government's version of the Middle East, which isn't even a version that the government itself actually BELIEVES. It's just the one they want you to HAVE. But nevertheless, it's where the majority of adult Americans get their education.

You cannot place the blame for people not caring on the US government. The fact is, most are too lazy or just don't have the time to look beyond the surface. That's not to mention that most are guilty of assuming all kinds of crap.

Anyone who accepts one source of information on ANY topic is doing themselves a disservice. We have the internet, and most topics have multiple sources of information, not just from the MSM and/or US government.

The biggest problem with Middle East policy is adherence to political correctness. We refuse to call Arabs/Arab culture who and what they are, and identify them as the backwards-assed, 7th century tent dwellers they are and dealing with them for who and what they are for fear of offending whoever wants to scream racism as the be-all end-all rather than address the topic itself.

What the majority of Americans chose to assume due to their own ignorance and laziness is not the US government's responsibility.

The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq
American attitudes about a connection have changed, firming up the case for war.

By Linda Feldmann | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

WASHINGTON –
In his prime-time press conference last week, which focused almost solely on Iraq, President Bush mentioned Sept. 11 eight times. He referred to Saddam Hussein many more times than that, often in the same breath with Sept. 11.

Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president. Still, the overall effect was to reinforce an impression that persists among much of the American public: that the Iraqi dictator did play a direct role in the attacks. A New York Times/CBS poll this week shows that 45 percent of Americans believe Mr. Hussein was "personally involved" in Sept. 11, about the same figure as a month ago.

You really believe that this and the multiple times they did this plus the times Cheney openly said it was true puts no blame on the Administration for creating this false belief in many Americans?

When you are the president and you play these kind of games, you are responsble for creating these beliefs. Shit, it was done on purpose and everyone knows it was. If you deny that this was intentional done to mislead the American populace, I really do feel sorry for you.:sad:

BushCo said Saddam was training al qaeda, was harboring them, and was their ally.

False.

BushCo. said iraq had WMD and a nuclear weapons program.

False.

BushCo. said we would be treated as liberators, and Iraq "democracy" would have a domino effect in the middle east.

False.

The fact that Saddam - like virtually all the arab states - gave money to palestinians, and supported terrorism against opponents of the Bath regime hardly qualifies as a reason to spend three trillion dollars and tens of thousands of american dead and wounded.

None of the reasons given for invading, have been validated nor have they proven to be worth the cost in blood and treasure.

The sooner war lovers admit this, the sooner we can begin to withdraw.

BushCo said Saddam was training al qaeda, was harboring them, and was their ally.

False.

False.

BushCo. said we would be treated as liberators, and Iraq "democracy" would have a domino effect in the middle east.

False.

The fact that Saddam - like virtually all the arab states - gave money to palestinians, and supported terrorism against opponents of the Bath regime hardly qualifies as a reason to spend three trillion dollars and tens of thousands of american dead and wounded.

None of the reasons given for invading, have been validated nor have they proven to be worth the cost in blood and treasure.

Another Bushed Lied thread under a different name, this crap is getting old. For one the Bush Adminstration didn't lie because if they had, the Democrats in Congress would jump up and start Impeachment proceedings immediately.

Another Bushed Lied thread under a different name, this crap is getting old. For one the Bush Adminstration didn't lie because if they had, the Democrats in Congress would jump up and start Impeachment proceedings immediately.

Every word he said was true, though. So sorry you hate truth. Either that or you're woefully uninformed.

Oh wait... :eusa_hand:

False.

False.

False.

Time for a reality check I see.

We have proof now that Saddam Hussein was waiting for sanctions to lift to do the following...

1) return to mass production of chemical and Biological weapons. He retained the precursors the production capability and the trained staff to do it. Further the Iraqis had learned how to make the shit last longer on the shelf.

2) return to seeking a Nuclear weapon. He maintained the equipment, the trained staff and materials to return to the program. He was working on longer range more accurate weapons systems for delivery purposes.

3) Iraq was seeking terrorist organizations they could use to attack the US and other enemies.

Add to this the fact that France, Russia and China were bribed to remove sanctions and what Bush claimed in 2003 was absolutely TRUE.

History will not be kind to Shrub and his supporters, when they whine that "Hey, Bush might have been wrong, but at least he didn't lie!".

Yes, that's cold comfort indeed. That appears to be all that Bush lovers can cling to at this point, with a death grip: that, well, maybe Bush was wrong about everything, maybe Bush got thousands of americans killed, maybe Bush spent three trillion dollars...but hey, at least he didn't lie!

Very, very lame. And pathetic.

You really believe that this and the multiple times they did this plus the times Cheney openly said it was true puts no blame on the Administration for creating this false belief in many Americans?

When you are the president and you play these kind of games, you are responsble for creating these beliefs. Shit, it was done on purpose and everyone knows it was. If you deny that this was intentional done to mislead the American populace, I really do feel sorry for you.:sad:

Don't feel sorry for me. YOU are the one playing the victim of alleged deception, not me. The beliefs you attempt to lay at the President's feet are the direct product of assumption on your part, and a lack of education on the topic.

What I find even more interesting is the fact that for some inexplicable reason, despite the fact that I check out various differing news sources daily, that I never once was led to believe any such bullshit.

For some reason, it appears only liberals were deceived. Wonder how that could be?:rolleyes:

I'd say learn to read without assuming IF you were in fact duped into believing something no facts supported.

History will not be kind to Shrub and his supporters, when they whine that "Hey, Bush might have been wrong, but at least he didn't lie!".

Yes, that's cold comfort indeed. That appears to be all that Bush lovers can cling to at this point, with a death grip: that, well, maybe Bush was wrong about everything, maybe Bush got thousands of americans killed, maybe Bush spent three trillion dollars...but hey, at least he didn't lie!

Very, very lame. And pathetic.

Here you go with that 3 trillion dollar lie again....that's fine...
I never stated that I was a Bush supporter, I think the justification for war was there.
I don't believe Bush lied, all of what you stated came from the intelligence community, not from Cheney, Bush.....

Oh but you left wing nut jobs are all the same......"God damn America"....LOL

When Bush got elected (or whatever terminology you use to describe his ascension to his current position), I read, somewhat skeptically, an article that stated that he intended to finish what his father started and go back into Iraq and bring down Hussein.

I mentioned it to a few of my conservative friends and they all scoffed at the idea, calling it liberal propaganda.

So I was a bit shocked to see it actually happen as described back in 2000.

There is no moral to the story.

Forum List

Back