No Confidence

He can't fix it. He dosen't even know what "it" is. Now who does that remind you of??

We had all better hope that he can fix it.

So that's why you voted him into office? So you can HOPE for things? Why didn't you vote for someone who has the experience to fix them instead?

I agree that Obama is in way over his head, I said he would be when he began his campaign. Now he's starting to waiver in his lies. One day the stimulus will work, then it might. One day he'll create jobs, then he'll create OR save jobs. It's pathetic that people are buying his bullshit still. He's wasting millions of dollars pushing for Americans to support something they don't want to support...and he's not even sure it will work himself.

Sickening.

What does it say of people when all they can do is speculate that policies that worked in the past will not work today. If all people were conservative republicans we would still be living in caves. Actually they still are. Imagine if FDR or JFK or LBJ listened to the negative words of the do nothings? We would not have had the golden age of America, nor a man on the moon, nor freedom that really meant something. Sad people these naysayers.

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." Richard Feynman

So that's why you voted him into office? So you can HOPE for things? Why didn't you vote for someone who has the experience to fix them instead?

I agree that Obama is in way over his head, I said he would be when he began his campaign. Now he's starting to waiver in his lies. One day the stimulus will work, then it might. One day he'll create jobs, then he'll create OR save jobs. It's pathetic that people are buying his bullshit still. He's wasting millions of dollars pushing for Americans to support something they don't want to support...and he's not even sure it will work himself.

Sickening.

Right, then the moonbats take it a step further and praise him for being honest..... :cuckoo:

What does it say of people when all they can do is speculate that policies that worked in the past will not work today. If all people were conservative republicans we would still be living in caves. Actually they still are. Imagine if FDR or JFK or LBJ listened to the negative words of the do nothings? We would not have had the golden age of America, nor a man on the moon, nor freedom that really meant something. Sad people these naysayers.

"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man." Richard Feynman

definition of insanity

doing the same shit you've always done and expecting a different outcome

So by increasing spending and cutting taxes as obama is doing is different from any other administration how?

How about we try something that has never been done before like cutting taxes AND cutting government spending at the same time?

Hell I'd be just fine if taxes were left right where they are for the time being IF and that's a big IF the government would make an honest effort to reduce spending.

So in other words he doesn't care if it works, but is hoping it works.
I don't know ... if it were me in his shoes I would be showing no doubt and no fear, but the longer this goes on it seems he is unsure himself!!

What horseshit. He never said he doesn't care. That is your partisan intepretaion to attack him. I heard he is also a lesbian.:eusa_whistle:

He didn't show any fear. He made a statement that echoes what many economists are saying that there isn't a clear cut answer today for our problem. (Unlike the last president who was sure of everything he did even when he was wrong....) He is going to do what he and many economists think is the best solution.

He is probably the best person to be president right now after inheriting the mess that Bush left. He needs to not only fix the problem but also inspire confidence in the American people. He is still over 70% approval rating from the country. The majority of Americans need a president they can believe in.

Do I expect the real hard liners on these posts to approve of him - get a life. No matter what he does, he will be wrong.

As he continues to hold real town hall meetings with people across the nation, he is becoming more and more popular with the voters.

I'm sure that McCain with his economic knowledge would have been better.:lol:

definition of insanity

So by increasing spending and cutting taxes as obama is doing is different from any other administration how?

How about we try something that has never been done before like cutting taxes AND cutting government spending at the same time?

Hell I'd be just fine if taxes were left right where they are for the time being IF and that's a big IF the government would make an honest effort to reduce spending.

I can definitely agree with that. Taxes don't need to be reduced. Getting government spending under control will help give people confidence that we are on the right track. Spending ludicrous amounts of money now, just means we'll have to pay it back in higher taxes later. Americans aren't so stupid as not to realize this simple fact.

Simple answer, it will not benefit the most important economy of all, the politicians personal economy..... :cool:

No, Rayboy, his sister isn't a lesbian, she's a THESPIAN.

Or....maybe it was just that she likes carpet........

Anyhoo......

Which would you people rather hear, someone tell you that we're gonna be greeted as liberators, won't take more than 6 months at the outside, the savings in oil revenue will only cost us 2 billion or so for the war (which is still going on 6 years later), and, my favorite......."Mission Accomplished", or, would you rather hear that the previous admin fucked things up so badly that there truly is a 30 percent chance of failure?

Me? I'd rather hear the truth.

Face it.....this country is currently on life support......I hope we make it.

I "hope" that by the time my daughter is old enough to pay taxes, it's less than 65% ......

When your daughter figures out how badly we wasted away money to leave her holding the bag, she and those of her generation are going to demand government spending is cut to the core, including senior's benefits.

Oh, then I'm gonna move in with my daughter! :lol:

I don't know ... if it were me in his shoes I would be showing no doubt and no fear, but the longer this goes on it seems he is unsure himself!!

What horseshit. He never said he doesn't care. That is your partisan intepretaion to attack him. I heard he is also a lesbian.:eusa_whistle:

That's funny, I heard he has a 12 inch cock. :cool:

definition of insanity

If only the GOP didn't neglect America for 8 straight years. America needs a face lift.

And, spending is more stimulitive than tax cuts. Fact.

And it is too bad the GOP were so fiscally irresponsible when they were in charge. They didn't just spend a lot of pork, they broke records!!!

And Obama is going to cut spending. Wasteful spending.

definition of insanity

And Obama is going to cut spending. Wasteful spending.

Are you kidding?

Saddam was gone in six months. It's a good thing you idiots weren't around during WWII. We'd have surrendered right after Pearl Harbor.

While I'm at it it has never worked before what the hell makes you think it will thie time. Tell me one thing Obama's doing that's completely different from Bush. Oh wait there is one thing, He put a tax cheat in charge of the IRS...

What would you rather hear?

That the economy "is fundamentally strong", and there is no recession like Bush Jr. told us and then the last 6-8 months, it blows up, or, being told that the economy is a mess, they're trying to fix it, and because of the fuck ups of the past admin, they don't know if they can fix it yet?

Or......McStupid telling us that he can fix the economy in 4 years?

Me? I prefer honesty to being lied to.

I don't want to "hear" jack shit. I'd like to "see" someone pull his head out of his ass and go,: "Oh, I guess the same fiscal policies and irresponsibilities that led to this economic mess won't work at the national/international level to solve the mess."

But fuck no. Let's spend money we don't have trying to buy our way out. :cuckoo:

Newsflash: Bush is no longer President, and I like his answer better than Obama's anyway.

Oh, and you STILL cannot PROVE he lied about one, damned thing. Get over it.

Saddam was gone in six months. It's a good thing you idiots weren't around during WWII. We'd have surrendered right after Pearl Harbor.

While I'm at it it has never worked before what the hell makes you think it will thie time. Tell me one thing Obama's doing that's completely different from Bush. Oh wait there is one thing, He put a tax cheat in charge of the IRS...

The facts are simple. Money that did not exist being lent to people for promises of mentary payments for which the money did not exist CAUSED THE F-ING PROBLEM. Obama doing the same damned thing at the nationa;/international level is going to fix this HOW?

That wasn't the problem, it was much more complex. It led to a world wide fuckup how do you reckon domestic US financial policy would do that? The corruption rippled and fucked up the world's financial system.

Now, everyone has to get on board to fix it. The epicentre was Wall Street, the damage was everywhere, time to work backwards and make sure it's fixed and it can't do it again.

Anyone seen this yet? WaPo has a very interesting article today, 5 pages long, about those who were supposed to be regulating what was happening. Head of the list? Geithner:

washingtonpost.com

As Crisis Loomed, Geithner Pressed But Fell Short
Before Timothy Geithner became Treasury chief, he regulated major U.S. banks. Now he says: "We're having a major financial crisis in part because of failures of supervision."
By Robert O'Harrow Jr. and Jeff Gerth
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 3, 2009; A01

In September 2005, Timothy Geithner made one of his most visible moves as a supervisor of the U.S. banking system. He summoned the nation's top financial firms and their regulators to streamline an antiquated system that threatened Wall Street's boom.

Billions of dollars worth of financial instruments known as credit derivatives were being traded daily, as banks and investors worldwide tried to protect against losses on increasingly complex and risky financial bets. But the buying and selling of these exotic instruments was stuck in a pencil-and-paper era. Geithner, then head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, pressed 14 major financial firms to build an electronic network that would cut backlogs and make the market easier to monitor.

Geithner's summit, held at the New York Fed's fortress-like headquarters near Wall Street, was a success. By fall 2006, the new system had all but eliminated the logjam, helping derivatives trade more efficiently. One financial industry newsletter honored Geithner as part of a "Dream Team" for his leadership of the effort.

Yet as Geithner and the New York Fed worked to solve narrow mechanical issues in the derivatives market, they missed clear signs of a catastrophe in the making. When the housing market collapsed, derivatives stoked the fires that ignited inside some of the biggest banking companies. The firms' failure to assess an array of risks they were taking has emerged as a key element in the multitrillion-dollar meltdown of the global financial system.

Although Geithner repeatedly raised concerns about the failure of banks to understand their risks, including those taken through derivatives, he and the Federal Reserve system did not act with enough force to blunt the troubles that ensued. That was largely because he and other regulators relied too much on assurances from senior banking executives that their firms were safe and sound, according to interviews and a review of documents by The Washington Post and the nonprofit journalism organization ProPublica.

A confidential review ordered by Geithner in 2006 found that banking companies could not properly assess their exposure to a severe economic downturn and were relying on the "intuition" of banking executives rather than hard quantitative analysis, according to interviews with Fed officials and a little-noticed audit by the Government Accountability Office. The Fed did not use key enforcement tools until later, after the credit crisis erupted, according to its records and interviews....

Scary ....

Obama bluntly told a Florida town hall yesterday that if his plan doesn't work, "then you'll have a new president." But that could mean four very painful years for the country.

washingtonpost.com

No, your "so in other words" theory is goofy.

Try to wrap you head around the fact that simply declaring that you have the right to put people's word into "other words" is intellectual dishonesty.

People are responsible for what they actually said, not the ridiculous rewriting of what they said by someone else.

Last edited:

The facts are simple. Money that did not exist being lent to people for promises of mentary payments for which the money did not exist CAUSED THE F-ING PROBLEM. Obama doing the same damned thing at the nationa;/international level is going to fix this HOW?

I don't think it can. Which is perhaps why he's doing it. Unemployed, less money, higher expenses, morale and confidence shot to hell -- when these things hit the entire country, 'help' from the government, in any way, shape or form, will look pretty damn good to most people. And there government will be -- ready to take care of you from cradle to grave. Just as they planned.

Forum List

Back