No Confederate History Month cause it be a slap in de face!!!!

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
We can have a Black History Month but NOT a White History Month. In the never-ending attempt to be politically correct and NOT upset anyone's apple cart, we are once again letting the minority tell the majority that they are not supposed to proud of their heritage/history. Amerika used to be a great country!!!!

Virginia Senate kills measure celebrating Confederacy

Wednesday, February 4, 2004

02-04) 12:18 PST RICHMOND, Va. (AP) --

The Virginia Senate rejected a resolution Wednesday that would have designated April as Confederate History and Heritage Month after black lawmakers called it "a slap in the face."

The resolution passed easily out of a committee but failed on a voice vote in the full Senate.

Republican Sen. Charles R. Hawkins introduced the measure in response to a request from the Sons of Confederate Veterans. He said it was to honor thousands of Confederate soldiers who died during the Civil War.

"You cannot change history," Hawkins said. "What takes place is there. If you can't change it, you have to learn from it."

But Democratic Sen. Henry L. Marsh, who is black, said the bill was an insult. "Confederate history is nothing more than exultation of one of the most shameful episodes in this country's history," he said.

Democratic Gov. Mark R. Warner has avoided proclaiming Confederate History Month.

But then-Gov. George Allen issued a proclamation in 1997 and was rebuked by the state chapter of the NAACP. The NAACP threatened a state boycott when then-Gov. Jim Gilmore followed suit three years later.

We can have a NAACP but NOT a NAAWP; we can have a Miss Black America but NOT a Miss White America. There's a local business group here in Atlanta called "100 Black Men", that does some good work btw, but if anyone tried to start up a "100 White Men", they'd be sued, castigated, raked over the coals, and labels as "racist". Why does the white race continue to kowtow to the black race and allow them to try and make up ashamed of our past? They bitch and moan about how their race was abused by the whites; would they rather give up what America has provided them at the present time and just move back to Africa and see how enjoyable life is there? If there had never been slavery, that's where they'd be right now!!! I am not saying slavery was good or bad; it was the economic system utilized by the major European countries during their colonization periods way back when. That does NOT mean for the rest of eternity the white race has to be making apologies to them for what happened 100 or 200 years ago. I don't care how much of a slap in the face it is to their sensitive little fragile egos, I am proud of my heritage and take umbrage at their eternal "poor. poor us" attitudes.

do you realize that in SC they want to have I guess they are going to call it a african trail , it is to extend from Lake Santee all the way to Charleston....I think this is a miscarrige of justice!!! why not have other ethnic backgrounds included?The Blacks wernt the only race that had helped build that state. But I will tell you why , like it or not blacks will stick together to get what they feel they deserve,
Look at the rebel flag, they took it from most southern states & black is clearly not the majaority..... they just stick together. if all races stuck together like they do things would be alot diffrent... it made me LOL at the time they were fighting over the flag though, SC was ranked like 49th in school systems threw out the country but all ya heard about was the flag.....LOL...Go figure,
Jeff

It's very sad. Every so called 'white rememberance' has been denied and has caused an outrage within the black community. No white miss america. No white history month. No white entertainment channel. No white winning the african student contest. No white advancement charities.

Blacks mark occassions for just blacks and it's ok. If whitey does it it's racism!!

They want equality but they want special treatment.

Racism is alive and well today thanks mostly to the blacks themselves.

i think we should be boycotting these months they celebrate other ethnicities. if we cant celebrate them all, then we dont need to do any of them.

Confederate history month would need to be short because the Confederacy only existed for five years. By all means we should honor those brave men and boys who died fighting for the Confederacy during the Civil War. Most Confederate soldiers had no slaves, were not interested in states' rights, or even southern independence. They were fighting, they would've said, to protect their homes. They had been invaded and were defending themselves. Obviously, the leaders were fighting to protect slavery and states rights (state rights ultimately helped to kill the Confederacy). This is the same argument about the Confederate Battle Flag. Maybe we shouldn't honor the Confederacy, but we cannot ignore it, or the brave soldiers who fought and died under the Stars and Bars. I am not a Southerner, and have no such heritage. I do believe that many in the south are still stuck in the civil war era. They won't even vote for a northern presidential candidate, an argument John Edwards is using as to why he should be the Democratic nominee this year.

It is time we included the history of the Confederacy in American history, because as far as the Union was concerned, the Confederacy was part of America all along.

acludem

It's so funny that the issue of gay marriage is coming up as a states issue. Some of the same people who believe that the issue of states voting on gay marriage and keeping the feds out of it, believe that the correct side won the Civil War.

How ironic is that??

(And, no, I am not speaking of Zhukov).

Originally posted by Zhukov
I'm not especially thrilled about this black history month thing, but I'll be damned if a month is dedicated to celebrating treason against the Federal government.

This from someone named Zhukov, a Hero of the Soviet Union???

I think I hear the Czar calling you!!!!

Besides, it's a Southern thing comrade, having to do with honor, something seriously lacking in the Soviet armed forces where political commisars behind machineguns were necessary to keep the troops advancing toward the Germans and from deserting.

"Tolstoy's analysis of these statistics does much to revise our understanding of the war on the Eastern Front, as he demonstrates that these high Russian military casualties were largely due to the Soviets' crude methods of waging war. 'Penal battalions" composed of "enemies of the people" (i.e., inmates of prisons and camps, and luckless peasants, including women and children) were hurled in waves against German defensive positions. Frequently unarmed and at times deprived of camouflaged uniforms to better draw enemy fire, they were often used to clear minefields. With NKVD machine-gunners poised behind them, they were forced across minefields until a path was cleared. The wounded were killed off by the NKVD. General Ratov, chief of the Soviet Military Mission to Britain, actually declined an offer of British mine-detectors, remarking that "in the Soviet Union we use people....The NKVD placed large heavily-armed formations at the rear of Soviet units to discourage withdrawals and to pick off "stragglers" and "cowards." In a number of instances, NKVD units fought pitched battles with Red Army detachments trying to retreat in the face of superior enemy forces. Stalin continued to purge his armed forces even as the Axis advanced. It is likely that hundreds of thousands of Russians were killed in such actions."
STALIN'S SECRET WAR by Nikolai Tolstoy. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1981, 463pp, $18.50, ISBN 0-03-047266-0.

Now, there's an army to be proud of!!!!! They should only have half of the heritage the army of the South has. Like I said, it's a Southern thing, not something a Slav would ever be able to understand.

(Sorry, but as much as I dislike anti-white racism, I REALLY, REALLY hate communism even more)

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
blah blah blah

And that pertains to the treason of firing on federal forts how?

What a brilliant retort, comment on the poster's alias. What a monumental intellect you must have.

This from someone named Zhukov, a Hero of the Soviet Union???

I think I hear the Czar calling you

Good to see at least your up to date on your history...

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin
If someone doubts that statement, they merely have to read the history books, written by the victors of course, to see what Vladimir meant. At least the South fired on federal, armed forts and didn't take old Abe and his family into a basement and execute them.

But, we digress again and are getting off of the original topic comrade!

TO ATLANTAWALTER

IT'S INTERESTING THAT YOU WOULD NOT SAY WHETHER YOU THOUGHT SLAVERY WAS GOOD OR BAD.

Originally posted by Meat & Potatoes
TO ATLANTAWALTER

IT'S INTERESTING THAT YOU WOULD NOT SAY WHETHER YOU THOUGHT SLAVERY WAS GOOD OR BAD.

Slavery was bad:

FACT #31: The rate at which Blacks commit murder is thirteen times that of Whites; Rape and assault, ten times. These figures, as given by the F.B.I. reports, vary somewhat from year to year but fairly represent the trend for the past decade.

FACT #32: According to the justice Dept, 1 in every 4 Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 is currently in prison or on probation or parole.

FACT #33: Though only 12% of the U.S. population, Blacks commit more than half of all rapes and robberies and 60% of all murders in the U.S.

FACT #34: Approximately 50% of all Black males will be arrested and charged with a serious felony during their lifetime.

FACT #35: A Black person is 56 TIMES more likely to attack a White person than Vice Versa.

FACT #36: Black rapists choose White victims over half (54.9%) of the time, 30X as often as Whites choose Blacks.

FACT #37: The annual report from the Department of justice shows that when Whites commit violence they do it to Blacks 2.4% of the time. Blacks, on the other hand, choose White victims MORE THAN HALF the time.

FACT #38: In New York City, any White is over 300 TIMES MORE LIKELY to be assaulted by a gang of Blacks than is a Black by a gang of Whites

FACT #43: Blacks are four and a half times more likely than Whites to be on welfare.

FACT #88: 90% of U.S. children with AIDS are Black or Hispanic.

FACT #98: In 1988 there were 9,406 cases of Black-on-White rape and fewer than 10 cases of White on Black rape in the U.S

FACT #100: The American taxpayers have spent over $2.5 TRILLION trying to upgrade Blacks since the l960's

If not for slavery, America would not have all these problems.

TO BIG D

IT'S INTERESTING THAT YOU RESPOND TO A REPLY DIRECTED TO ANOTHER PERSON.YOU MUST FEEL PASSIONATELY ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU AGREE THAT SLAVERY WAS BAD.

WITH ALL THE FACTS THAT YOU PRESENT I GUESS I SHOULD REALLY BE AFRAID OF BLACK PEOPLE.

WOULD YOU PREFER ME TO BE AFRAID OR SHOULD I JUST HATE THEM THE WAY YOU DO.

IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO SEE HATRED HIDDEN BEHIND
INTELLECT.

Facts = Hate?

Meat & potatoes

I answered your question with facts, why the personal attack.

As far as my advice on whether to be afraid of black people or not, that is for you to decide, I myself would lean on the side of caution especially when dealing with large groups of blacks.

Do you think slavery was bad, and why?

As far as my advice on whether to be afraid of black people or not, that is for you to decide, I myself would lean on the side of caution especially when dealing with large groups of blacks.

I guess the cherokee should have taken that philosophy with the whites back in the early 1800's, ya think? :wtf:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I guess the cherokee should have taken that philosophy with the whites back in the early 1800's, ya think? :wtf:

It would have been a wise choice for the Cherokee.

Maybe we can all learn something from the mistakes of the Indians?

Forum List

Back