No COLA for Social Security next year. See, that's not so hard.

And if you know of a good reason why the eligibility age should not be updated, please tell us what it is.

The reason is that any politician who recommends it gets crucified. Until politicians grow a sack, it will not happen

That is exactly my point but few here give a shit.
"I want mine" is the rant we hear.
They could care less about their kids and grandkids. To hell with them they rant.
"I want mine"

And seniors will still get theirs. Any change in the retirement age or contributions would impact those under 50. The same people who doubt they will see a benefit

Theoretically the deferred COLA shouldn't matter because there has been no increase in the inflation index which the COLA is based on.

stop making sense, stating the obvious or introducing rationality into a whiney bitchfest!

I say we discontinue SS payments until the ungrateful old bones who receive them learn a lesson about gratitude and humility!

OR we could replace the whole SS paradigm with a steep discount on cat food! Maybe screw with their addled old brains by denying them benefits on months that end in "R". Or install a lotto system where you stand a 50/50 chance of receiving bennies in any particular month!

Think of the savings and deficit reduction we could realize!

In my humble opinion every able bodied American should employ a senior citizen to mow his lawn, take out the garbage, clean the pool and fulfill tasks formerly relegated to illegal aliens, and at equivalent wages! It's the least we can do to support the deadwood without driving the nation over a fiscal cliff!!

OR we could just forego a COLA in years that have little to no inflation.

Go figure.... Another failing Government program.

Yet liberals still think Social Security is a great retirement plan... Hard to talk sense to people who would rather have less money for retirement than more money.

Forum List

Back