No Cheating......

I had to learn them to be confirmed, and my son is in confirmation classes now...so I've had a little refresher course. I could have named all of them before, but maybe not in the exact order.

Umm...you have the right to remain silent, don't fear the reaper, you can tune a piano but you can't tunafish, you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose...

That's all I can remember for now.

Jesus added to the list of 10 and if 1 John 4:21 is all we ever learn, it is all we'll ever need. I agree with you.
I was refering to the original 10. What we were given before the arrival of Jesus. In 1 John 5: 3, keeping God's commandants shows our love for God.
With me it's like the seven dwarfs. I know all their names but one usually evades my memory when I try to list them.

Not cheating:
1. Kill
2. Bear false witness
3. Covet thy neighbors wife
4. Honor mom and pop
5. Keep the Lord's day
6. Have no other Gods
7. Covet thy neighbor's house

Not cheating:
1. Kill
2. Bear false witness
3. Covet thy neighbors wife
4. Honor mom and pop
5. Keep the Lord's day
6. Have no other Gods
7. Covet thy neighbor's house

steal

adultery

graven images....I think? I had to really think about the graven images one... You'll have to take my word for it, but I did confirm after I typed it...if I would have gotten it wrong, I would have admitted it.

I used to know 'em by heart.

No other God by Him

Keep Holy the Sabbath Day.

Tell the truth.

Do not covet your neighbor's wife's ass.

Do not commit adultery.

Do not commit murder.

Do not steal.

Paint your body blue on the vernal equinox.

Yada yada yada.

I think I may have forgotten sumpin' along the way.

This area is "Religion and Ethics" like the two naturally go together. Like love and marriage, horse and carriage, and yet there will be those that argue (and rightly so) that they have no God and their ethics are just fine, thank you..
I titled this thread "No cheating" because of a study done at Duke about cheating. The results of the test showed that most people cheat a little. For instance, they may take a stapler from work, but not money from petty cash. They may lie about the number of correct answers on a test after they graded it themselves, and thought they had shredded the evidence.
But then they asked the participants to think about the ten commandments for a few minutes. After they did, no one cheated.
Is that the impact of God? If it is, wouldn't we do well to remain in his presence?

Forum List

Back