No "Change" In Rendition

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Color me 'shocked'. :lol: Who needs Gitmo or waterboarding when it can be outsourced?

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool - Los Angeles Times

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool
The role of the CIA's controversial prisoner-transfer program may expand, intelligence experts say.
By Greg Miller
February 1, 2009

Reporting from Washington -- The CIA's secret prisons are being shuttered. Harsh interrogation techniques are off-limits. And Guantanamo Bay will eventually go back to being a wind-swept naval base on the southeastern corner of Cuba.

But even while dismantling these programs, President Obama left intact an equally controversial counter-terrorism tool.

Current and former U.S. intelligence officials said that the rendition program might be poised to play an expanded role going forward because it was the main remaining mechanism -- aside from Predator missile strikes -- for taking suspected terrorists off the street...

I bet if the CIA interrogators were unionized, he wouldn't be doing this. Leave it to Obama to favor foreign interrogators over American interrogators, even while he's telling us to buy American.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I bet if the CIA interrogators were unionized, he wouldn't be doing this. Leave it to Obama to favor foreign interrogators over American interrogators, even while he's telling us to buy American.
Obama should legally change his name to OwnedBama. A week in and the ownage is downright phenomenal. Obama is the messiah, here to die for the flaws of the owned so that they may find salvation and compassion from the almighty intraweb.:lol:

Obama should legally change his name to OwnedBama. A week in and the ownage is downright phenomenal. Obama is the messiah, here to die for the flaws of the owned so that they may find salvation and compassion from the almighty intraweb.:lol:

You are funny.

You should have a night club act.

You are funny.

Thanks. LOL. By the way, don't take my comments on here personally. I only ridicule your opinion. I'm sure we'd get along in real time.:clap2:

You are funny.

Thanks. LOL. By the way, don't take my comments on here personally. I only ridicule your opinion. I'm sure we'd get along in real time.:clap2:

No problem.

The Republican Party has marginalized itself, but they will come back.

Why they even elected a black man as their chairman.

Just a case of the nerds trying to imitate the cool kids and failing miserably.

You are funny.

No problem.

The Republican Party has marginalized itself, but they will come back.

Why they even elected a black man as their chairman.

Just a case of the nerds trying to imitate the cool kids and failing miserably.

:lol: You might have a better chance at a night club act than me, amigo.

Reporting from Washington -- The CIA's secret prisons are being shuttered. Harsh interrogation techniques are off-limits. And Guantanamo Bay will eventually go back to being a wind-swept naval base on the southeastern corner of Cuba.

This is good. Anyone who doesn't get all their "news" from rightwing blogs and Newsmax will have to admit that's a major change of policy.

As for rendition, that's problematic. I don't know exactly what his policy is. Sending suspected terrorists back to their home countries to be put in prison or interrogates isn't a bad idea.

But, if we send them back knowing they will be tortured for information, that's as bad as aiding and abetting torture itself. The Bush admin used rendtion to get around torture laws, knowing people would be tortured. If Obama does the same thing, then fuck him. Its illegal and immoral.

Bush sent innocent people to foreign countries to be tortured. Lkie that syrian-canadian dude.

Let me know when Obama sends an innocent person to be tortured, and I will be the first to condemn it. I'm hoping he would use rendtion in a more legal, and pragmatic way than bush, but who knows?

This is good. Anyone who doesn't get all their "news" from rightwing blogs and Newsmax will have to admit that's a major change of policy.

As for rendition, that's problematic. I don't know exactly what his policy is. Sending suspected terrorists back to their home countries to be put in prison or interrogates isn't a bad idea.

But, if we send them back knowing they will be tortured for information, that's as bad as aiding and abetting torture itself. The Bush admin used rendtion to get around torture laws, knowing people would be tortured. If Obama does the same thing, then fuck him. Its illegal and immoral.

Bush sent innocent people to foreign countries to be tortured. Lkie that syrian-canadian dude.

Let me know when Obama sends an innocent person to be tortured, and I will be the first to condemn it. I'm hoping he would use rendtion in a more legal, and pragmatic way than bush, but who knows?

Forum List

Back