No car freshman year in colleges?

Meh...I'd make sure you're taking courses that are worthwhile: There are lots of scams being run on service personnel to get their tuition assistance. You transfer the credit back, maybe get the degree, then bring it to employers (inside or outside the AF). The important question to ask is who is hiring (or promoting) based on coursework at The Community College of The Airforce.

Of course you should always check out the accreditation of the institution you are investigating as I agree there are scams out there.

However the CCAF extablished by the United States Air Force for Air Force personnel is not one of them.

IMHO you can get the same job (or promotions) without the coursework.

You are welcome to your opinion, but working in HR I can tell you that as an accredited institution applicants who complete their coursework and earn their degree have a better shot at getting the job interviews that lead to employment. In addition the associates work often acts as the foundation for follow on work toward awarding of a Bachelors Degree and that degree is the same as any other. What I mean is that if you have an Associates from the CCAF and then finish your final two years at University of Viriginia - that degree says UVA same as the rest.

>>>>

Meh...I'd make sure you're taking courses that are worthwhile: There are lots of scams being run on service personnel to get their tuition assistance. You transfer the credit back, maybe get the degree, then bring it to employers (inside or outside the AF). The important question to ask is who is hiring (or promoting) based on coursework at The Community College of The Airforce.

Of course you should always check out the accreditation of the institution you are investigating as I agree there are scams out there.

However the CCAF extablished by the United States Air Force for Air Force personnel is not one of them.

You are welcome to your opinion, but working in HR I can tell you that as an accredited institution applicants who complete their coursework and earn their degree have a better shot at getting the job interviews that lead to employment. In addition the associates work often acts as the foundation for follow on work toward awarding of a Bachelors Degree and that degree is the same as any other. What I mean is that if you have an Associates from the CCAF and then finish your final two years at University of Viriginia - that degree says UVA same as the rest.

>>>>

Indeed, but there are some complications, namely, that while the CCAF courses might transfer, the GRADES may not. This leaves you depending on the grades you make during your final two years (usually the most difficult) comprising your average. If you make A's and B's at CCAF, don't assume they'll cushion your average at UVa.

What makes me suspicious about CCAF is that they say that the first entry requirement is JOINING THE AF. Why not accept anyone with civilian credentials? Because anyone doesn't have fat tuition reimbursement $$'s from Uncle Sam?

>>>>

Indeed, but there are some complications, namely, that while the CCAF courses might transfer, the GRADES may not. This leaves you depending on the grades you make during your final two years (usually the most difficult) comprising your average. If you make A's and B's at CCAF, don't assume they'll cushion your average at UVa

1. Again, investigate your follow-on institution and understand the processes that apply under the category you are admitted under.

2. On the other hand my personal experience is that ex-military that go back to school don't have a to worrry two much about a cushion. I started college at 26 and a lot of guys I went to school with were in the same age range. The young kids on on campus (typically running under 22 years old) hated us "old farts" because we were there, we were serious, and we blew the curve.

What makes me suspicious about CCAF is that they say that the first entry requirement is JOINING THE AF. Why not accept anyone with civilian credentials? Because anyone doesn't have fat tuition reimbursement $$'s from Uncle Sam?

The CCAF was established by the Air Force for Air Force personnel. That fact that you would have to be in the Air Force for an Air Force Community College makes perfect sense. It's not the Community College of Civilians (there are plenty of those), the Community College of the Air Force is for - well - Air Force personnel.

>>>>

>>>>

Indeed, but there are some complications, namely, that while the CCAF courses might transfer, the GRADES may not. This leaves you depending on the grades you make during your final two years (usually the most difficult) comprising your average. If you make A's and B's at CCAF, don't assume they'll cushion your average at UVa.

I suppose you think West Point should accept civilians as well............:cuckoo:

What?
I don't know of anyone who is getting a vehicle for free.
My son though, he will be starting his first year of college this coming September and he will not have a vehicle.

I thought you where saying someone is getting a free vehicle their first year of college, I see some kids do. I see some at a local college whom drive really fancy cars, kinda sad. My next vehicle is the vehicle I am going to have, probably until it dies on me, which I hope will be over 15-20 years.

Join the AF, save a few $$, buy a fucking car, and go to school wherever you're stationed.

For christssakes, why is this complicated?

I was asking a question.

I do not know for sure if I'll believe to attend college for a few years in the USAF, I am hoping to volunteer for a certain unit that has a different schedule then others, but who knows what the future holds.

So, I was looking at the Community College of the Air Force, and I noticed, firs year students cannot own their own vehicle. I have also heard of this on civilian colleges.

Why is this?

Not enough parking spaces.

The college I attended undergrad school at allowed FR to have vehicles , but the FR parking lot was a mile from campus and it was a $20 fine to park on campus monday - fri and they made it clear that the only reason was because of a lack of parking spaces.

OK thanks for the link.

I don't get it: The first step in getting into this school is joining the Air Force.

Why would the Air Force pay you to take these courses? Doesn't the AF train you to do your job in the Air Force?

I smell a scam.

Getting your CCAF is something every single Airman is HIGHLY encouraged to do if they don't already have a degree. It's basically an Associate's degree. No scam.

So, I was looking at the Community College of the Air Force, and I noticed, firs year students cannot own their own vehicle. I have also heard of this on civilian colleges.

Why is this?

Huh?

You earn your CCAF while you are on active duty if you choose to pursue it. Where the hell does it say you can't own a car if you are taking classes towards earning it?

Why is this?

Huh?

You earn your CCAF while you are on active duty if you choose to pursue it. Where the hell does it say you can't own a car if you are taking classes towards earning it?

The College's website said it does not allow Freshman at the college to have vehicles. I guess that is for someone who isn't taking part time classes? No idea to be honest.

I took a few courses towards my degree when I was in the AF but I never completed my degree on active duty. I went to a Community College and a University after I got out.

Cain. Every AF base around the world offers college courses that are good towards a degree in the CC of the AF. As long as your supervisor ok's it, you can start taking classes as soon as you get to whatever base you're assigned to.

I can't find anything about a car on the CC of the AF website, but you can buy a car anytime after Basic Training.

The only restriction I saw on car ownership was when I was stationed at Osan Korea. You had to be an E-6 and above to buy a car there.

Why is this?
Not enough parking spaces

Why is this?

lack of parking spaces. Was the same way at UF back in 1982

Why is this?
At many colleges freshman can't park their cars on campus except in the commuter lots there is no restriction against owning a car.

Yeah, I KNOW the Navy provides tuition assistance.

The reason I smell a scam is that this school seems to be advertising itself as something special, tageting airmen to use their tuition assistance to pay for courses at this school that they could take anywhere, or even as part of AF training.
You are so out to lunch. It is a program for airmen to take classes at local community colleges.

This is an Air Force program. If you want it, join the Air Force.

New Topics

Forum List

Back