No bounce for Romney after convention

You know...............the Dems have gotten pretty motivated right now (at least from some of the coverage I've seen).

Wonder how big the bump is going to be for Obama after his convention? I'll bet it's gonna be more than 1 point.

With all the lies and omissions and the ridiculously biased coverage the media has been cranking out, I'm surprised it's not worse. Real Clear average is .1 now for Obama. It was like 4 before. Seems like a bump to me. Internal polling has Dems scared.

The millionth thread on this :lol:

I guess if one can't make threads about what a champ Obama's been on the economy, one has to make another "Romney is a poopy head" thread.

With all the lies and omissions and the ridiculously biased coverage the media has been cranking out, I'm surprised it's not worse. Real Clear average is .1 now for Obama. It was like 4 before. Seems like a bump to me. Internal polling has Dems scared.

And Romney hasn't even started cranking out ads yet compared to Obama. Obama has already spent more than he brought in during July.

I can't wait for the August stats for fundraising. :D

Gallup: No bounce for Romney post-GOP convention - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Trouble in Mittland. I guess Ryan will have to come up with some more lies to cover this one.

:mad:

what is up, sean?

Not much.. slow day for bad actors.. dogs in good health.. cookin chicken breasts, drumsticks and spuds for me and the mutts. Beautiful weather lately .. hasn't rained in Seattle for almost 50 days. U of W medicine has been doing wonders for my aching old lower back.. All in all can't complain.

You?

Yep, no bounce for Mitt. McCain/Palin got a large bounce after their convention. I guess everyone's seen Mitt and they aren't gonna suddenly change their mind and vote for him.

Why on earth would they look at numbers?

Not much.. slow day for bad actors.. dogs in good health.. cookin chicken breasts, drumsticks and spuds for me and the mutts. Beautiful weather lately .. hasn't rained in Seattle for almost 50 days. U of W medicine has been doing wonders for my aching old lower back.. All in all can't complain.

You?

can't complain. 50 days no rain in seattle, is this some sort of record?

we had a mixed summer here in munich, but plenty of time for beergarden and hanging out at the river with the kid.

now i will see the second autumn after spending may and june in australia.

what is up, sean?

You?

can't complain. 50 days no rain in seattle, is this some sort of record?

we had a mixed summer here in munich, but plenty of time for beergarden and hanging out at the river with the kid.

now i will see the second autumn after spending may and june in australia.

Cool ...two continenents I've not seen. Haven't travelled much in the last few years. The economy hit me hard in the extra dollars department. Good to see somebody is enjoying the less expensive world after the bubble burst.

According to the survey, the lack of a bounce is "consistent with Gallup's immediate post-GOP convention reaction poll, showing Americans giving Romney's acceptance speech, and the convention more generally, rather muted ratings."

Moreover, Gallup's seven-day average of presidential preferences shows that Mr. Obama has held steady at 47 percent to Romney's 46 percent every day since August 29.

"That is a slight shift in Obama's favor, as Romney held a consistent two-percentage-point advantage for nine days in mid-August, shortly after announcing Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate," writes Gallup's Jeffrey Jones. "That was the longest period in Gallup Daily tracking showing Romney with any kind of edge."

A good convention for the democrats and the president’s likely out performing of Romney during the debates will win Obama re-election.

The republican convention was Romney’s last, best chance to gain significant ground over Obama before those debates, where Romney is very weak; he failed to achieve that goal.

According to the survey, the lack of a bounce is "consistent with Gallup's immediate post-GOP convention reaction poll, showing Americans giving Romney's acceptance speech, and the convention more generally, rather muted ratings."

Moreover, Gallup's seven-day average of presidential preferences shows that Mr. Obama has held steady at 47 percent to Romney's 46 percent every day since August 29.

"That is a slight shift in Obama's favor, as Romney held a consistent two-percentage-point advantage for nine days in mid-August, shortly after announcing Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate," writes Gallup's Jeffrey Jones. "That was the longest period in Gallup Daily tracking showing Romney with any kind of edge."

A good convention for the democrats and the president’s likely out performing of Romney during the debates will win Obama re-election.

The republican convention was Romney’s last, best chance to gain significant ground over Obama before those debates, where Romney is very weak; he failed to achieve that goal.

You are forgetting the upcoming advertising blitz in the toss-up states, or do liberals whine about Citizen United just because its fun to do for them.

We may not see much of a bounce, if any, from this one for the President, either, since so much of the electorate is pretty much decided. Thing is, which candidate needs a big bounce more? Sure as hell ain't Obama. :)

Forum List

Back