No, Americans aren't better off than 4 years ago

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Swing States poll: Americans don't trust Obama or Romney on economy
According to USA Today/Gallup...

Would you say that you and your family are better off now than you were 4 years ago?

Swing states:
Better off - 40%
Not better off - 56%

Nationwide:
Better off - 42%
Not better off - 55%

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?

Swing states:
Romney - 44%
Obama - 47%

Other states:
Romney - 47%
Obama - 45%

Among those who say they aren't better off than they were four years ago, six in 10 blame Obama — 33% holding him alone responsible and another 28% citing him and Bush in combination — while 13% blame Bush alone. One in four hold neither responsible.

Depends on who and where you are chatting up.

The Stock Market is far better off then they were 4 years ago. So are the major financial firms, banks and GM.

Depends on who and where you are chatting up.

The Stock Market is far better off then they were 4 years ago. So are the major financial firms, banks and GM.

Let me guess... you're much better off now than 4 years ago, as are all your liberal friends, right?

I live in silicon valley ( home of the apple computer) and its doing very well, they can not keep cars stocked and homes are selling very well.
I think it will do the domino effect from the cities into the more rural areas soon. We are coming out of a very bad situation, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm better off by far. A lot of the catastrophic doom-saying is nothing less than standard issue hyperbole from the right wing. It's a lot like how, all of a sudden, they become fiscal hawks AFTER their guy leaves the white house.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 29 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

Good gawd.

The typical family has lost something like 40% of its net worth over the last several years.

That's what the experts say. I know I don't have nearly as much disposable income because of prices rising constantly. I am scared about paying a lot more for health insurance once Obama's crappy reform kicks in.

I know a few people on welfare who think they are better off because they no longer have a cell phone bill.

I'm better off, but I don't think Obama had any effect on me either way.

Indeed.
I was better off after 8 years of Mr Reagan, then better off again after 4 years of Mr Bush, then better off again after 8 years of Mr Clinton, then better off again after 8 years of Mr Bush, and now better off yet again after 4 years of Mr Obama. Seems the consistency is me, not the political party of the president.

Forum List

Back