No American state has the right to secede no matter how many petitioners sign.

There is nothing in the constitution that removes a state's right to secede, therefore the federal government does not have the power to lawfully prevent it.
The constitution enumerates powers that have been granted to the three branches of the federal government and reserves the powers not granted by the constitution or restricted from the states to the states and/or the people.

All states retain their states rights in all matters under the law.

Fortunately, in time, the state will come to its collective senses, and be part of a civil, enlightened, sophisticated Nation.
We will be, just as soon as we get shut of you all.
You need to come to your senses, sir. We are not without friends in a number of states who will likely join us and leave you. Whatever will you do without oil after Obama gives all the oil in the Gulf of Mexico to Communist countries and all of Alaska's Bering Straight oil-rich waters to Russia, while he is pretending to snub Vladamir Putin? I haven't forgotten how eager he was to give away those properties in his first administration.

Think hard about what you are desiring, sir. We lost thousands of our boys in World War II, the Korean War, Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq defending freedom.

I'm sorry you think so little of us. The most highly decorated man in the European Theater in WWII was a Texan by the name of Audie Murphy. I realize you may have never heard of him, but his valor is credited with turning the war against Mussolini, because he just wouldn't quit and rallied American troops to do miraculous things. There are many other brave Texans who lost life and limb for this nation, suffered heatstroke out in the sun growing crops to be sent to American mills for cloth manufacture and food to the nation when other states' crops failed.

We've been there for this nation, and not one of our dear people who sacrificed themselves for America deserves your hateful spew.

Such blather is of little concern. Yes, the young man from Bonham was quite the hero. That is neither here nor there. We will be just fine should the opportunity to separate from the 49 lessors arise. As for energy independence...ya'll can figure out how to turn coal into motor fuel. We'll do well with our oil and natural gas.

Forum List

Back