No Accountability For Americans Murdered In Benghazi

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
December 28, 2012

Accountability: As with Fast and Furious, the designated scapegoats for the deaths of Americans at the hands of administration bungling will merely be switching desks. Only the maker of that irrelevant video is in jail.

Reports of the resignation of four State Department officials after the Accountability Review Board's (ARB) review of State Department actions before during and after the terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, may have been greatly exaggerated.

Eric Boswell, the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, has not resigned from the department, as a State Department spokeswoman indicated Dec. 19. Boswell is instead just "switching desks," according to a report in the New York Post.

Deputy Assistant Secretaries Charlene Lamb and Raymond Maxwell, and a third who has not been identified, were placed on administrative leave after the release of the report. However, according to the Post, they are expected to return.

They were found to have shown "performance inadequacies" but not "willful misconduct."

In other words, they were merely incompetent and didn't mean for Ambassador Chris Stephens and three other Americans to get murdered by Ansar al-Sharia, a terrorist group with al-Qaida links.

Last week, spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton "has accepted Eric Boswell's decision to resign as assistant secretary for diplomatic security, effective immediately."

It turns out Boswell gave up only his presidential appointment as assistant secretary, but not his job.

He has simply moved to another desk at the State Department and is still collecting his paycheck.

(Excerpt)

Read more at
Reported State Department Resignations Over Benghazi-gate Are Bogus - Investors.com

If it was Bush in office....
Well we all know where MSNBC would have been on this....
3 months of evening programming.

Speaking of Bush, I was just wondering, was there ever any accountability for the numerous state officials killed at embassies during Bush's presidency?

No accountability for 6,000 young men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan and 25,000 wounded and 3,000 suicides because Bush ignored multiple warnings about 911 and lies about WMDs in Iraq. Bush, Cheney and Runsfeld was found guilty of war crimes and they are spending their time with thousands of taxpayers dollars in retirement.

War Tribunal Finds Bush, Cheney Guilty of War Crimes

The eight accused are Bush; former US Vice President Richard Cheney; former US Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld; former Counsel to Bush, Alberto Gonzales; former General Counsel to the Vice President, David Addington; former General Counsel to the Defense Secretary, William Haynes II; former Assistant Attorney General Jay Bybee and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo.
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/05/13

The Iraq War is Illegal
Below is the Congressional authorization for force that Bush used to launch the invasion of Iraq. However, if you read Section 3, paragraph B, Bush was required to prove to the Congress that Iraq was in violation of UN Resolutions by still being in possession of weapons of mass destruction, and secondly, that Iraq was behind 9-11. Both claims have since been disproved and discredited, and appear to be created by the Pentagon Office at the heart of the latest Israeli spy scandal.

Therefore, under United States law, the war in Iraq is illegal. And We The People are not under any legal or moral obligation to pay for it, let alone let our kids be killed in it.

If anything, Bush and his pro-war Neocon buddies should be required to reimburse the treasury for their private use of government property. I leave the question of civil lawsuits for wrongful deaths to the families of the dead American service people, and the live service people still suffering from depleted uranium.
The Iraq War is Illegal

Bush Administration Ignored Multiple Warnings of 9-11,
Claimed Bin Laden Attack Fake Cover for Saddam

The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.

In response, the C.I.A. prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real.

Bush Administration Ignored Multiple Warnings of 9-11, Claimed Bin Laden Attack Fake Cover for Saddam | FDL News Desk

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Speaking of Bush, I was just wondering, was there ever any accountability for the numerous state officials killed at embassies during Bush's presidency?

Romney, Rumsfeld Say Embassy Attacks Due To 'Weakness?' -- *12* Attacks During Bush Term!

Actually, there were twelve terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities abroad during George W. Bush’s tenure — the most of any president in history — and eight of those occurred while Donald Rumsfeld was in office.
Romney, Rumsfeld Say Embassy Attacks Due To 'Weakness?' -- *12* Attacks During Bush Term! - Democratic Underground
:cool:

Since you asked, why don't you enumerate the American State Dept. officals and the Embassies. Were the attacks anything like the two African embassy atcks under Bill Clinton?

Romney, Rumsfeld Say Embassy Attacks Due To 'Weakness?' -- *12* Attacks During Bush Term!

Actually, there were twelve terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities abroad during George W. Bush’s tenure — the most of any president in history — and eight of those occurred while Donald Rumsfeld was in office.
Romney, Rumsfeld Say Embassy Attacks Due To 'Weakness?' -- *12* Attacks During Bush Term! - Democratic Underground
:cool:

Put up or shut up. Get Holder to charge President Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, VP Cheney.

Start a petition. :D Make it a New Year's project for yourself. Knock yourself out.

There are such a major differences with Benghazi.

First and foremost no one in the Bush Administration had been running around chest thumping claiming Al Qaeda was dead.

And I sure as hell don't remember UN Ambassador Bolton going on a quizzillion Sunday talk shows blaming a video.

Or the whole Bush Administration blaming a video and apologizing for the production of a video.

maybe some people will start to get on board with the whole faux outrage episode as soon as some of you right wing knuckle daggers own up on the lost lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. But you wont, so enjoy your little drama lesson.

shame we had to lose American lives however I am personally far more worried about what we will do with all the wounded vets coming back from the sand box. These hero's deserve better, a lot better. And worrying about Libya 24/7 is taking away from the real issues at hand, IMO.

No accountability for 6,000 young men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan and 25,000 wounded and 3,000 suicides because Bush ignored multiple warnings about 911 and lies about WMDs in Iraq. Bush, Cheney and Runsfeld was found guilty of war crimes and they are spending their time with thousands of taxpayers dollars in retirement.

War Tribunal Finds Bush, Cheney Guilty of War Crimes

The eight accused are Bush; former US Vice President Richard Cheney; former US Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld; former Counsel to Bush, Alberto Gonzales; former General Counsel to the Vice President, David Addington; former General Counsel to the Defense Secretary, William Haynes II; former Assistant Attorney General Jay Bybee and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo.
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/05/13

The Iraq War is Illegal
Below is the Congressional authorization for force that Bush used to launch the invasion of Iraq. However, if you read Section 3, paragraph B, Bush was required to prove to the Congress that Iraq was in violation of UN Resolutions by still being in possession of weapons of mass destruction, and secondly, that Iraq was behind 9-11. Both claims have since been disproved and discredited, and appear to be created by the Pentagon Office at the heart of the latest Israeli spy scandal.

Therefore, under United States law, the war in Iraq is illegal. And We The People are not under any legal or moral obligation to pay for it, let alone let our kids be killed in it.

If anything, Bush and his pro-war Neocon buddies should be required to reimburse the treasury for their private use of government property. I leave the question of civil lawsuits for wrongful deaths to the families of the dead American service people, and the live service people still suffering from depleted uranium.
The Iraq War is Illegal

Come on.. I hate these monday morning quarterbacks who look at the evidence after the fact and critisze everything. Bush, Cheney and Rumsfled (All Men of greater intelligence than you or I) were given credible intel that the United States and its allies were in imminent threat from a man who already aquired and used chemical weapons. Was its lenth questionable? Yes. Just ask yourself this though, what if he didnt go in and Sadam had WMD's.. You would be singing quite a different tune.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfled (All Men of greater intelligence than you or I)

Fuck that noise. Cheney, ya, dude has balls the size of Mt. Everest, no doubt but smarts, naw. Hes the same guy who was caught telling the American public, "deficits dont matter". so much for that line of thinking.

Rummy and Bush II were and always will be complete failures. To even argue otherwise is a grand lesson in futility.

maybe some people will start to get on board with the whole faux outrage episode as soon as some of you right wing knuckle daggers own up on the lost lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. But you wont, so enjoy your little drama lesson.

shame we had to lose American lives however I am personally far more worried about what we will do with all the wounded vets coming back from the sand box. These hero's deserve better, a lot better. And worrying about Libya 24/7 is taking away from the real issues at hand, IMO.

What's the dispute on lost lives in those wars?

Soldiers sadly die in wars. As a matter of fact when it comes to Afghanistan, 70% of the deaths have occurred on Obama's watch.

Green on Blue violence is rampant. The drone strikes under Obama kill so many more civilians versus terrorists. I think I read the ratio was 50 to 1.

That sucks. But I don't see all you libs marching on Washington. Because when a Democrat President is at war, it's all fine and dandy with progressives.

obamamccaintongue.gif

Benghaaaaazi...

New Topics

Forum List

Back