No abortion in cases of rape or incest

Calling out Romney for vague stance on abortion in cases of rape and incest - Video on NBCNews.com

Romney claims to be 'outraged' that Obama is saying Romney is against abortion even if rape or incest is involved. However, as the video proves, Romney HAS stated that he is in favor of overturning Roe v Wade, would sign it if it crossed his desk, and he does in fact feel that a pregnancy should never be terminated, regardless.

This is a HUGE part of why I will not be voting for the man. Not just that that is his stance, but that he called Obama a liar for speaking the truth.
Obama is speaking an opinion. Not the truth.

There was little doubt that you would be voting for Romney.

If Romney has said he is against abortion, and Obama said that Romney was against abortion, how is Obama lying?
Perhaps I misunderstood the question. If it really is framed that way, then Obama is not lying, nor is he wrong with regard to what Romney has said.

Obama is speaking an opinion. Not the truth.

There was little doubt that you would be voting for Romney.

If Romney has said he is against abortion, and Obama said that Romney was against abortion, how is Obama lying?
Perhaps I misunderstood the question. If it really is framed that way, then Obama is not lying, nor is he wrong with regard to what Romney has said.

I was just going on Boop's post, about Obama commenting on something Romney had already stated.
Although Romney was once in favor of abortion, he has changed his mind, probably because an election looms.

if romney has said he is against abortion, and obama said that romney was against abortion, how is obama lying?
perhaps i misunderstood the question. If it really is framed that way, then obama is not lying, nor is he wrong with regard to what romney has said.

i was just going on boop's post, about obama commenting on something romney had already stated.
Although romney was once in favor of abortion, he has changed his mind, probably because an election looms.
sop

I find it interesting to compare this thread with the one on assault weapons ban. Those on the right are totally against any compromise limiting arms, the only purpose for which is killing large numbers of humans. On the other hand, in this thread, the right is totally willing to compromise (or even eliminate altogether) on women's reproductive rights and privacy, because large numbers of humans are being killed.

Romney never said he was against abortion in case of rape or incest. Democrats made it up.

FactCheck.org : Twisting Romney’s Abortion Stance

obama was out and out lying.

Fair enough.

Not fair enough.
A leopard can't change it's spots but Romney changes his position on anything as he thinks it's handy.
You simply can't accept anything he says unless you check it first.
Romney, a stated 'pro lifer', supported pro choice for long enough when it was handy for him to do so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xll21VCbCyg&feature=related]Mitt Romney is a serial liar - The Rachel Maddow Show (March 21st, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETaW-yeUm0&feature=related]MITT ROMNEY IS A LIAR. PURE AND SIMPLE - YouTube[/ame]

Frankly, you'd have to be nutty as a fruit cake to vote for him.

Romney never said he was against abortion in case of rape or incest. Democrats made it up.

FactCheck.org : Twisting Romney’s Abortion Stance

obama was out and out lying.

Fair enough.

Not fair enough.
A leopard can't change it's spots but Romney changes his position on anything as he thinks it's handy.
You simply can't accept anything he says unless you check it first.
Romney, a stated 'pro lifer', supported pro choice for long enough when it was handy for him to do so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xll21VCbCyg&feature=related]Mitt Romney is a serial liar - The Rachel Maddow Show (March 21st, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETaW-yeUm0&feature=related]MITT ROMNEY IS A LIAR. PURE AND SIMPLE - YouTube[/ame]

Frankly, you'd have to be nutty as a fruit cake to vote for him.

Yes I know. He is pro choice when it matters and pro life when it matters. There is an election coming up and he knows that being pro life will work in his favor.

I wouldn't vote for him in a million years. I really hope Obama wins again.

I really hope Obama wins again.

I'm not a massive Obama fan but he's streets ahead of Romney in so many ways.
The Republican party must have been drunk when they decided Romney was the best they'd got.
That or he was the best and the republicans are seriously crap.

The Republican party must have been drunk when they decided Romney was the best they'd got.

Romney is a typical country club Republican. He's not especially conservative, certainly not in the mold of the Tea party types. Because of that, he will probably have some appeal to moderates and independents. Conservatives will vote for anybody with a -R beside their names. He probably was the best candidate in a weak Republican lineup.

Romney is a typical country club Republican. He's not especially conservative, certainly not in the mold of the Tea party types. Because of that, he will probably have some appeal to moderates and independents. Conservatives will vote for anybody with a -R beside their names. He probably was the best candidate in a weak Republican lineup.

So you're saying he was the least smelly turn in the toilet?

The Repubs couldn't put Santorum forth because he's too extreme. Ron Paul wasn't popular, and I forget who the other guy is, probably because he wasn't significant either.

The Repubs couldn't put Santorum forth because he's too extreme. Ron Paul wasn't popular, and I forget who the other guy is, probably because he wasn't significant either.

So it seems :D

So it seems :D

But no matter. Romney can try and shit all over abortion rights but the courts will always favor Roe.

Colloquially expressed, but essentially correct.

I'm from Barnsley.
We are less than famous for diplomacy and double talk. :D

I'm from Barnsley.
We are less than famous for diplomacy and double talk. :D

Well, this is the "Clean" debate zone. While you and I may agree that the erstwhile governor from Massachusetts is a scoundrel and a liar, and that the rest of the Republican candidates had even less to offer, we can't compare them to the contents of a septic tank. At least not here...

Forum List

Back