No abortion in cases of rape or incest

No, the burden of affirmation is yours, not mine. Here, this will help.

Premise. You make a thesis.

Evidence. You give stats, facts, analysis, etc., the more objective the better.

Conclusion. This should be the empahsis (the 'umph') of why anyone should read what you have written.
Is this your Edited response to me?

You guys have the burden of proof. Go for it. Look immediately above for guidance.

No, it doesn't.
No one can prove the foetus is a person.
People can have plenty of opinions, but we don't have to rebut opinions.
Tell you what:

You point out where I talked about aborting a "person" and I'll concede the point.
Fail to do so, and then you'll concede mine.

I happily await your response.
Ah... THIS is your Edited response to me.

I accept your concession of the point. Thank you.

The concession is that you guys gave up the point.

You don't make an assertion, then expect others to refute it.

Once again, look above for guidance.

The far right XXXXX don't realize THEY have to define the terms, make the premise, give the facts, and deliver the conclusion.

Until they do, they fail.

You probably (finally) noticed that I did't base my argument on "personhood", and thus the orrelevancy of your responses.

When you can effectively respond to my first post on this topic, let us know.

No one can prove the foetus is a person.

Define "person"

No, the burden of affirmation is yours, not mine. Here, this will help.

Premise. You make a thesis.

Evidence. You give stats, facts, analysis, etc., the more objective the better.

Conclusion. This should be the empahsis (the 'umph') of why anyone should read what you have written.

I'm going to make one more attempt to have a debate with you. Please try to answer a question and not keep moving the football.

You posted this...
Why? No one can prove that a fetus is a person.

In order for me to prove a fetus is a person, I have to know by what definition you use to classify a person.

If you want to leave it to me, I'm going to simplify it an merely say "a person is a human being" and a fetus has human DNA and point you to some website about what DNA is.

You will most likely will argue that is not what a person is... so cut to the chase and explain to me your definition of a "person."

Edited

False terminology. Child is post birth, foetus is pre-birth.

For what crime(s) is the pre-born child guilty of that would allow it's termination via the death penalty?

Is it right to kill somebody for the sins of a parent or both parents?

So you're saying it's a fetus up until it actually comes through the birth canal? So If it takes 2 minutes for the "fetus" to be born, it's a fetus one minute, then a child the next. I believe a fetus becomes a child as soon as the heart and brain are formed. I don't believe in abortions ever, but once this happens there's no question.

Calling out Romney for vague stance on abortion in cases of rape and incest - Video on NBCNews.com

Romney claims to be 'outraged' that Obama is saying Romney is against abortion even if rape or incest is involved. However, as the video proves, Romney HAS stated that he is in favor of overturning Roe v Wade, would sign it if it crossed his desk, and he does in fact feel that a pregnancy should never be terminated, regardless.

This is a HUGE part of why I will not be voting for the man. Not just that that is his stance, but that he called Obama a liar for speaking the truth.

I am not a one-issue voter, so this won't effect me much. I would, however, were it my daughter, arrange for her abortion after a rape should she desire it. Again, I am not going to let this one issue, and my disagreeing with the candidate of my choice, keep me from voting for him on totality of the issues.

I would ask two questions.

What is a Soul?

When does the Soul enter the Body?

When you know the answer to those questions, then I will listen to your definition of Who is and who is not yet Human. There is the Legal Definition, and then there is the definition of a much higher Authority. Best to memorize your argument, for when it is really going to count. ;)

Calling out Romney for vague stance on abortion in cases of rape and incest - Video on NBCNews.com

Romney claims to be 'outraged' that Obama is saying Romney is against abortion even if rape or incest is involved. However, as the video proves, Romney HAS stated that he is in favor of overturning Roe v Wade, would sign it if it crossed his desk, and he does in fact feel that a pregnancy should never be terminated, regardless.

This is a HUGE part of why I will not be voting for the man. Not just that that is his stance, but that he called Obama a liar for speaking the truth.

I am not a one-issue voter, so this won't effect me much. I would, however, were it my daughter, arrange for her abortion after a rape should she desire it. Again, I am not going to let this one issue, and my disagreeing with the candidate of my choice, keep me from voting for him on totality of the issues.

I support Individual Choice, just not on misinformation. Each Person has the Right to know the full weight, whichever way they choose, before the deed is done. The Volume of Abortions here, strongly suggest Mass Genocide, and a big pay off for the Industry.

You did not base your argument on anything other than a question to me. That is not a case. Alan is having the same issue.

Make your case, and then I can respond.

You probably (finally) noticed that I did't base my argument on "personhood", and thus the orrelevancy of your responses.

When you can effectively respond to my first post on this topic, let us know.

Last edited:

That is a conflation of finding fault with and/or wanting to overturn Roe and wanting no abortion for rape or incest.

It is a logical fallacy.

It is also false dilemma, also a logical fallacy.

Thus, you have NO - ZERO - point.

Damn, I love real debate. :)

My bolded bit above seems to have gone by the wayside.

Ola.

I would ask two questions.

What is a Soul?

When does the Soul enter the Body?

When you know the answer to those questions, then I will listen to your definition of Who is and who is not yet Human. There is the Legal Definition, and then there is the definition of a much higher Authority. Best to memorize your argument, for when it is really going to count. ;)

Questions that certainly will invoke varied responses, indeed. Some may attribute a definition to include the "spirit" while others may not.

There's a oft-quoted quote attributed to C.S. Lewis (though Wikiquote says it's misattributed) that says, "You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." That's how one person saw it.

Under that thinking, one can think of the soul as your total essence, and that could include things such as your body, your mind, your emotions. In theology, soul and spirit are often seen as separate entities, with the soul being who you are as a person, and the spirit as your communication or relationship with a higher power or creator.

If the soul is your entire being, then it has to be said that that comes from the beginning of its creation, conception. The body is certainly there, right from the human DNA code, and the rest comes from development.

What should be of importance is this: if one is unsure of a fetus' humanity, whether or not it can feel pain, whether or not it has some sense of consciousness, whether or not somebody defines it a person (a few of the classic arguments when finding "middle ground" on abortion), or when a "soul enters a body," it is best to err on the side of safety and protection, and especially on the side of the civil rights of this new human life.

False terminology. Child is post birth, foetus is pre-birth.

For what crime(s) is the pre-born child guilty of that would allow it's termination via the death penalty?

Is it right to kill somebody for the sins of a parent or both parents?

So you're saying it's a fetus up until it actually comes through the birth canal? So If it takes 2 minutes for the "fetus" to be born, it's a fetus one minute, then a child the next. I believe a fetus becomes a child as soon as the heart and brain are formed. I don't believe in abortions ever, but once this happens there's no question.

I believe it becomes a baby when it takes a breath, as when this occurs, it is no longer relying on the woman to keep it alive.

Obama is speaking an opinion. Not the truth.

There was little doubt that you would be voting for Romney.

Obama is speaking an opinion. Not the truth.

There was little doubt that you would be voting for Romney.

If Romney has said he is against abortion, and Obama said that Romney was against abortion, how is Obama lying?

Forum List

Back