No abortion allowed for rape = intrustive government tyranny

Why do the crazies on the far right want in womens' wombs?

I thought they were for LESS government interference in personal lives..

Last edited:
The Republican platform wishes to outlaw abortion with no exception for rape.
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Republicans on Tuesday decided they will call for a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion without specific exceptions for rape or incest, a position at odds with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
No rape exception in GOP abortion platform plank | Minnesota Public Radio News

They pass up state's rights and gone straight to the Constitution - they believe its the federal government's job to force women who became pregnant as a result of rape to bear the pregnancy of her rapist's child. A rapist may be prosecuted and go to prison - but the federal government would ensure for him that his victim is forced at point of a gun to bear his offspring. At the same time, they favor cutting the social programs that might help such a rape victim raise her rapist's child. The rapist gets to sit in prison with all of his needs provided for while his victim and his offspring are left to fend for themselves. How they can claim to be the party of liberty with this blatantly tyrannical ideology is beyond me. "Liberty" to the Republicans apparently means the liberty of a rapist to have Uncle Sam force his victim to bear his offspring.

So its a wonder to me why Akin was thrown under the bus when all he did was voice the party platform.

You know, I don't have really strong opinions on this issue, but really, if you believe that abortion is killing a human, wouldn't it be unprincipled to then allow exceptions? If you accept that life begins at conception, and that human life is protected (as it is after birth), how would you justify an exception for the manner in which it was created?

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Republicans on Tuesday decided they will call for a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion without specific exceptions for rape or incest, a position at odds with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

They pass up state's rights and gone straight to the Constitution - they believe its the federal government's job to force women who became pregnant as a result of rape to bear the pregnancy of her rapist's child. A rapist may be prosecuted and go to prison - but the federal government would ensure for him that his victim is forced at point of a gun to bear his offspring. At the same time, they favor cutting the social programs that might help such a rape victim raise her rapist's child. The rapist gets to sit in prison with all of his needs provided for while his victim and his offspring are left to fend for themselves. How they can claim to be the party of liberty with this blatantly tyrannical ideology is beyond me. "Liberty" to the Republicans apparently means the liberty of a rapist to have Uncle Sam force his victim to bear his offspring.

So its a wonder to me why Akin was thrown under the bus when all he did was voice the party platform.
Perhaps if you people would eschew the knee jerk reaction customary with your side you'd realize that the current abortion laws and regs are going NOWHERE.
In other words, the majority of the population is in support of a woman's right to choose to go to term or not.
The religious right does not have the juice nor do politicians have the stomach to actually DO anything to make the changes the ultra-right wing wants.
In case some have not been paying attention, this issue comes up with every presidential race. And the loudest voices are heard from the far right Christian lobby. Once the election is over, the issue goes on the shelf to collect dust for 4 more years.
Look, in 1980, Evangelicals and Pentecostals were ecstatic over Reagan's election.
The Late Jerry Falwell made statements to the extent that his people had THEIR guy in office. Reagan was a lot smarter than to allow a bunch of Bible thumpers to run the government. Reagan kept them happy and kept them quiet.
Funny thing was Falwell and his ilk claimed to have a 30 million strong voting bloc that would "take their ball and go home" if they were made unhappy. In fact these people do this with every election, they threaten to hold their breath until blue if their issue is not addressed. Invariably, GOP candidates are forced to deal with this in order to make the far right stop grumbling.
I am waiting for the day when a conservative candidate says "look people, we are not going to campaign on social issues. We have far more important things to discuss which affect far more Americans than those who are emotionally tied to those issues."..
Of course politicians are who they are. And they always leave open their options.

I just read the platform and discovered you are lying........

The party members "assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed."

What part of "cannot be infringed" do you not understand?

Kind of how libs read "shall not be infringed" in the second amendment?

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn. This is a non-issue. It didn't happen in 8 years of Reagan, 4 years of Bush Sr., or 8 years of George W. It isn't going to happen under Romney.

/THREAD

and considering they are going the route of an amendment they understand they would need massive ground support for this to ever be added to the consitution.

Which means if it ever happens, it will be supported by the vast majority of the country at that time.

The party members "assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed."

What part of "cannot be infringed" do you not understand?

Kind of how libs read "shall not be infringed" in the second amendment?

How do I read it?

I dont recall, hence I did not reference you. I prefer to let people diffuse thier own stupid.

How do I read it?

I dont recall, hence I did not reference you. I prefer to let people diffuse thier own stupid.

I'm a lib - so you did indeed reference me.

When i generalize, I actually generalize. I used a general term, because people who are considered "liberal" tend to fall into the gun control crowd.

If i thought that was your view, I would say "you." Not everyone falls into a nice neat package.

Remind me how you were SHOCKED how the Supreme Court took abortion out of the hands of the States. Since there is no way to ( apparently) overturn the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion then the only solution is an Amendment to state it is Unconstitutional. By the way? An Amendment would require a favorable introduction and vote in both Houses of Congress and then a favorable vote from at least 37 States. How exactly is that bad?

Remind me how you were SHOCKED how the Supreme Court took abortion out of the hands of the States. Since there is no way to ( apparently) overturn the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion then the only solution is an Amendment to state it is Unconstitutional. By the way? An Amendment would require a favorable introduction and vote in both Houses of Congress and then a favorable vote from at least 37 States. How exactly is that bad?

Basically this. Roe v. Wade didnt end the abortion debate, it just took it out of the hands of the people, and into the hands of the courts, resulting in the festering mess we have today.

Unlike slavery, abortion laws can be different in different parts of the country without destroying the overall country. if Mississipi wants to ban abortion they should be able to, and if people dont like it they can move the hell out.

Why is it when the government does something you don't approve of it is force and tyranny, but when it does something you like it is part of the social contract?

Forum List

Back