NM Hispanics get worst of ACA deal

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting article I received at work. Talks about the cost hikes and lack of doctors the libs like to deny

How do we measure the Affordable Care Act’s impact on Hispanics? New Mexico, with nearly half its population made up of Hispanics, is the perfect place to answer that question. Like all New Mexicans and all Americans, they were promised access to affordable, quality health care.

Both of these promises were broken.

The lack of affordability is most obvious.

Last month, the Obama administration released a preview of New Mexico’s premium increases for insurance plans on the state’s Affordable Care Act exchange. These numbers are an early look at 2016’s insurance costs.

It isn’t pretty.

NM s Hispanics get worst of ACA deal Albuquerque Journal News

I am not asking the article, I am asking you.

The answer to both is "yes", by the way.

Give us the relative increases of cost, please, in context.

The answer is ...no. Due to the cost of premiums Hispanics in poverty are forced on to Medicaid. With limited doctors that accept new patients and month long ( or more) waiting times .

2016 premiums are going up from $199 to $300 a month btw...

Which you would know if you read the article.

So, yes, more people are insured, more people are on Medicaid, and only assertions about "longer waiting period." How much longer? A day. A week. Is emergency care denied or delayed? If so, how much?

Is the $200 raise actually true and is it across the Board? Is it the result of having more people actually getting medical care?

You keep making assertions without analysis. Not good.

Even after the implementation of the ACA one third of NM's Hispanics remain uninsured.

Healthcare, like gay marriage is here. Get used to it. Nobody said it was perfect, and you might be able to find parts that can be improved. Why won't the right join the effort to improve it instead of hopelessly whining about getting rid of it? It is here to stay.

So, yes, more people are insured, more people are on Medicaid, and only assertions about "longer waiting period." How much longer? A day. A week. Is emergency care denied or delayed? If so, how much?

Is the $200 raise actually true and is it across the Board? Is it the result of having more people actually getting medical care?

You keep making assertions without analysis. Not good.

Wait times of a month or more. Over half of the providers no longer accept Medicaid. Per Dept of Health and Human Services.

Look at Mr GOP defend yet another Left Wing program. LOL

Medicaid is a mainstream American program and has been for fifty years.

Calling me left is like you calling yourself mainstream: both are incorrect.

Medicaid is a mainstream American program and has been for fifty years.

Calling me left is like you calling yourself mainstream: both are incorrect.
Bet I'm more middle of the road politically than you are.

BTW this does not include the further premium increases set for 2017.

Just wait. The hammer is set to come down after the elections. It was arranged that way, because Dems. would lose if the full force of Obamacare hits before the elections. There is nothing affordable about it. Pre existing condition? The insurance companies have to insure you. So if you have $8,000. a month for insurance, and 30,000 co-pay, you're covered!

Last edited:
TIR and Claudette are making assertions without giving all of the evidence and what it could mean.

Claudette, I doubt very much you are mainstream at all, compared to me.

Nope just wait until the risk corridors and reinsurance expire in 2017.

Forum List

Back