NM Gov. Requires Women Seeking Childcare Assistance To Prove They Were raped

CausingPAIN

Rookie
Jan 26, 2012
I'm not sure? Can you help?
New Mexico Gov. Requires Women Seeking Childcare Assistance To Prove They Were ‘Forcibly Raped’

"After Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) asserted his belief that “legitimate rape” doesn’t often lead to pregnancy, Republican lawmakers were quick to attempt to configure his radical stance on women’s health as an outlier in their party"

"If adopted, this policy will have numerous implications. It establishes in state law a narrow definition of rape that can and will be applied in other areas of law and policy. It puts a heavy burden on women who have been raped and are now struggling economically to support a child or children to prove the manner in which they were raped and to meet a test set up by the state to exclude many women in need of childcare assistance who would otherwise qualify."

New Mexico Gov. Requires Women Seeking Childcare Assistance To Prove They Were 'Forcibly Raped' | ThinkProgress

Rape or not should we not be thinking of the child welfare?

Well judge other than me screaming and saying and No! In the middle of this I forgot to push the button on my cell phone to record it, but the things you don't think about when you're being raped.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back