NKorea threatens US; world anticipates missile

There will be no attack.

Why do you let North Korea jerk you around and keep you hiding under your bed?

Oh, right, because you are a hysterical twit.

If we are legitimately attacked then Obama is going to have to send some sort of message to North Korea. I dont think he can afford to lob nukes on them, but North Korea will see tanks on its streets. How plausible is this though? What is the end game for NK if they do attack the U.S.? Nothing good will come of it for them and I get the feeling they are employing the ideology that we have troops on multiple fronts in multiple countries, now is the time to attack us.

Kim Jong il may be stupid but I doubt he is that stupid. Nations need to negotiate as they can easily become past nations in this day.

If we are legitimately attacked then Obama is going to have to send some sort of message to North Korea. I dont think he can afford to lob nukes on them, but North Korea will see tanks on its streets. How plausible is this though? What is the end game for NK if they do attack the U.S.? Nothing good will come of it for them and I get the feeling they are employing the ideology that we have troops on multiple fronts in multiple countries, now is the time to attack us.

On the contrary, I think North Korea is just trying to puff up its image as the tougher guy than Iran, which has been in the news far more. It also will lose perceived political clout with the loss of their "dear leader" whom the uneducated masses there have been brainwashed to adore. South Korea, Japan and China will have something to say about any imminent attack to be sure. North Korea would find itself immediately boxed in. Hopefully sonnyboy is smart enough to realize that.

There will be no attack.

Why do you let North Korea jerk you around and keep you hiding under your bed?

Oh, right, because you are a hysterical twit.

Phew.... I feel much better now... Thank You.

IF Ravi says it it must be true... :lol:

its all just bluster from Kim Jong Il
he knows better than to actually launch a missile at the US
it would be the end of him
he just wants the threat out there as a bargaining chip

If NK were really a threat to anyone China would have wiped them out by now. Good lord, does anyone think CHINA is going to let anything happen to the suckers buying all of their cheap plastic shit? get real.

kim-jong-il.jpg

its all just bluster from Kim Jong Il
he knows better than to actually launch a missile at the US
it would be the end of him
he just wants the threat out there as a bargaining chip

Hallelujah, we finally agree on something.

If NK were really a threat to anyone China would have wiped them out by now. Good lord, does anyone think CHINA is going to let anything happen to the suckers buying all of their cheap plastic shit? get real.

NK is China's cat's paw. When China want's to pull someone's chain, they cram their hand up NK's ass and have them act like the puppet they are.

What if they do fire and in a direct line to USA, but they don't reach? Whether intentionally short or not the provocation is there so at what point do you react and with what force?
I think many people are now testing the waters as we appear more vulnerable than ever before and weakened by the economy as well as being spread thin.

What if they do fire and in a direct line to USA, but they don't reach? Whether intentionally short or not the provocation is there so at what point do you react and with what force?
I think many people are now testing the waters as we appear more vulnerable than ever before and weakened by the economy as well as being spread thin.

Exactly Pete.

Do we let the NKs keep taking pot shots at Hawaii until they successfully nuke Oahu? If not, where do we draw the line? Once we've drawn the line, what does that translate into as a course of action?

For instance, let's say we adopt our current strategy of mildly bellicose talk. They fire the next missile on a line to hit Hawaii. Let's say it does better than the last missile and it looks like it is going to probably hit it (even though it is still a thousand miles out). Do we use our fairly untested missile defense systems? If we do and it doesn't work, what's the ramifications of that? If we are successful and NK says that it was a peaceful test and not going to hit Hawaii and therefore we just blew their multi-million dollar "satellite" up, would that precipitate a war?

I think we have a country that is in a bottle and doesn't like it. They believe that now that they have nukes, they need to be bigger players on the world stage and are not satisfied with being "contained" by US sanctions. So, NK is either acting as China's cat's paw to sniff out how far Obama will go or won't go to manage a direct challenge to American power or it's NK straining at the bit and pushing the US to see how much we will relent before we feel we must confront them militarily. My guess on the latter is that Obama will not fight at any cost unless they blow up something American.

Forum List

Back