NJ Seatbelt Law now applies to animals

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
This law is more about REVENUE GENERATION more than protecting the animals or people.

Of course it is.

But we will be seeing more and more of this in the near future. The cell phone fine just doubled.

This shit has got to stop.

I have a dream that one day we will elect a leader who will dedicate him/herself to REPEALING laws, instead of making them. (I know, Keep dreamin')

Police and animal control officers are authorized to cite drivers with unrestrained animals in the car. Yes, that includes the back of a pickup truck too. Violators can be fined $250 to $1,000 per offense.

Ray Martinez, head of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, just wants to avoid distracted driving.

New Fines In Place For Cats And Dogs That Don’t Buckle Up In New Jersey « CBS Philly

This shit has got to stop. :doubt:

Ain't it grand conservatives keep electing people dedicated to this sort of stuff?

:eusa_shifty:

NJ has a Dem legislature. But don't let the facts get in the way.

This is not a partisan issue. As editec noted, this is a money issue. Very few politicians on either side of the aisle want to raise taxes (ex. on the "rich" and "evil corporations".) So we will find ourselves with all kinds of new fines, fees, mandates, and other "hidden taxes" needed to feed the beast.

I brought this issue up at work today and no one had even heard about it. Those sneaky bastards tried to keep this hush hush. Thank goodness for Drudge.

Of course it is.

But we will be seeing more and more of this in the near future. The cell phone fine just doubled.

This shit has got to stop.

I have a dream that one day we will elect a leader who will dedicate him/herself to REPEALING laws, instead of making them. (I know, Keep dreamin')

I so agree. Take all those asshole politicians who want to enact laws taking away a woman's right to have an abortion if she so chooses. Or those jerks who want to enact laws limiting the amount of money an injured plaintiff can recover from a negligent doctor. Or those intolerant pricks who want enact laws making same sex marriage illegal.

Laws, laws, laws . . . who needs 'em?

Um same sex marriage is illegal. At least in our state.

But thanks for your input. There are good laws and bad laws. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

Ft. Lee NJ is now issuing $85 tickets for texting while walking.

In Cresskill NJ, all cats must wear three bells to warn the birds that they may be eaten.
In Trenton, you can't eat pickles on Sunday.
And in Sea Isle City, it is against the law to boil bones.

Nuff said?

Stupid Laws - New Jersey

Most people are not going to comply with this. It will be a huge money maker.

Police and animal control officers are authorized to cite drivers with unrestrained animals in the car. Yes, that includes the back of a pickup truck too. Violators can be fined $250 to $1,000 per offense.

Ray Martinez, head of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, just wants to avoid distracted driving.

New Fines In Place For Cats And Dogs That Don’t Buckle Up In New Jersey « CBS Philly

This shit has got to stop. :doubt:

One of my employees was over an hour late for work one morning and came to my office on arrival to explain why. It seems an accident on the two-lane undivided road she takes to work had happened directly in front of her and she stopped to render aid. She described the event as an off center head-on with lots of damage; mom and kids in the car directly in front of hers were shaken but not seriously hurt but the family dog had died. Both of the girls who P. thought were between 9 and 12 were heartbroken.

I get the anti government get out of my life ideology, I simply feel that humanity, the quality or state of being humane should not be scorned as "this shit".

Securing your pet is a good idea although I'm not sure a law is needed. I've driven with dogs and cats in the car for years and there have been times when dangerous distractions have been caused by the pets such as our dog suddenly going out the window, cat's slipping from the drivers lap to floor, and our two dogs going crazy when a bird flew into the car and the dogs ended up on top of the driver.

Forum List

Back