NJ leads Rising Conservative Tide

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Bravo to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and his fight to bring some semblance of fiscal sanity to his Democrat-dominated state that has spent itself into near entitlement oblivion.

From the Hill:

... In doing so, Christie has become the politician so many Americans crave, one willing to lose his job. Indeed, Christie is doing something unheard of: governing as a Republican in a blue state, just as he campaigned, making good on promises, acting like his last election is behind him.

...Christie is adamant about lowering taxes. After taxes were raised 115 times in the last eight years, he said the wealthy are tapped out. Property taxes rose nearly 70 percent in the last decade, and studies show top earners — the 1 percent of taxpayers paying 40 percent of income tax — are fleeing the Garden State.

The goal is not just to crawl out of crisis but ultimately to lead, said Christie in his budget address. “If we make the tough decisions now, we will be one year ahead of 80 percent of the states in the race to economic growth. If we fail to act, we will fall even further behind ... by going first, we can become first.”
_____

N.J. gov. sets tone for US - TheHill.com

I actually like what Christie is doing. He is showing some balls and taking on the entrenched NJ Political boss structure as well as the teacher and state worker unions. "This is the way we do things in NJ" is not carrying much weight.

The trick is to see if he lasts. Others have tried and been consumed by the beast

I actually like what Christie is doing. He is showing some balls and taking on the entrenched NJ Political boss structure as well as the teacher and state worker unions. "This is the way we do things in NJ" is not carrying much weight.

The trick is to see if he lasts. Others have tried and been consumed by the beast

I think he will last. But it's still too early to tell.

We need a whole bunch more of Christie types in local, state, and federal government. If the NJ voters don't support him and get rid of the Dim spenders throughout the state it'll be a cold day in hell before anyone else ever tries to rescue the place.

We need a whole bunch more of Christie types in local, state, and federal government. If the NJ voters don't support him and get rid of the Dim spenders throughout the state it'll be a cold day in hell before anyone else ever tries to rescue the place.

The problem is with the political bosses in the state. They are the ones with the real power to make and break careers. If Christie can stay clear of the bosses, he will do OK.

Corzine didn't last long as a political maverick

The problem is with the political bosses in the state. They are the ones with the real power to make and break careers. If Christie can stay clear of the bosses, he will do OK.

Corzine didn't last long as a political maverick

Not very familiar with NJ politics but understand the bosses thing as I'm very aware of how things work in the world of the Chicago Dimocrat machine.

So I agree Christie has to steer clear and he's seems to be doing a good job of it thus far. He's wisely IMO using the bully pulpit to get to the people, especially the vast majority being taxed to death in part to pay for the minority of folks now living on, or will be someday, those sweetheart union retirements. If he can swing enough public opinion against that stuff he'll be fine and the bosses can go pound sand.

Christie only won because Corzine was worse. I actually worked for Jon Corzine in the begining of the season last year - but I quit when I realized that Corzine deserved the loss he was sure to get.

I still don't really like Christie though, and I think he'll be a one-term governor.

Christie only won because Corzine was worse. I actually worked for Jon Corzine in the begining of the season last year - but I quit when I realized that Corzine deserved the loss he was sure to get.

I still don't really like Christie though, and I think he'll be a one-term governor.

Two term Governors in NJ are very rare

True. That's cause most NJ governors end up being really shitty.

I liked the gay dude, though. Shame about him.

McGreevy was corrupt. Being gay was his best attribute

This is Jersey we're talking about. Everyone is corrupt.

Machine politics is some much more entrenched in Jersey than in New York - which is why I really don't like working in Jersey.

Remember the big Mayors/Rabbis/Bribes/Organ Trafficking scandal of last summer?

This is Jersey we're talking about. Everyone is corrupt.

Machine politics is some much more entrenched in Jersey than in New York - which is why I really don't like working in Jersey.

Remember the big Mayors/Rabbis/Bribes/Organ Trafficking scandal of last summer?

You mean Dwek?

Did any of you see this? Cracked me up...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsdqfVA3fqk]YouTube - Gov. Chris Christie(R-NJ) Puts A Liberal Reporter In His Place![/ame]

I love this guy Christie.............the extreme antithesis of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and our president, all of whom measure every single soltary word that comes out of their mouths!!

Christie nails it! he chastised 'Politicians' that "make you wonder where they stand" that gives them "an escape hatch". Right on the money.

We need more defiant, straight foward people in government as Mr. Christie. I hope the elites in the District Of Criminals are taking notes?

:rolleyes:

...since when have conservative republicans ever cut 'taxes/spending?!' :confused:

(as one wag put it, 'these stooooopid republican fucks believe their stinking, phony, hero, reagan, was a tax/budget cutter!)

...shaddup, you republiclowns..anyone with a radio knows what you fools believe! ;)

Last edited:
States don't have unlimited credit cards like the FEDS do.

They have no choice but to get their house in order.

Good luck Garden State.

Forum List

Back