NJ High School Holds Bush War Crimes Trial...

Stephanie said:
They would of had a good reason to hold a mock trial for Clinton, so hummm, I wonder why they didn't use him? President Bush has not been charged with a crime. This is total liberal bullshit, just like their fake impeachment hearing that the stupid liberal ADULTS ARE DOING. They would be hearing from me if they we're doing this in my kids class. :bat:
All I have to say is I'm not saying I support the idea they are using for the trial. Will people actually get that? I think we find it too hard to comprehend for some reason because we let our feelings and emotions BLIND us.

I'm saying I find it interesting they are getting a chance to try out something like this. If they wanted to do the war criminal trial with older figures who weren't tried, I'd still support the idea and motivation to do this mock trial. I'm not putting in any friggin' partisan beliefs or political agenda and am approaching this from my aspect as a student. I could care less if it were Clinton or Bush or Johnson or Hoover or any other president we have had. I'd be interested in it for the chance to actually see how you would have to conduct a court trial by doing research and the sort.

Kagom said:
I'm defending the right to examine possibilities on the issue. I'm not defending the issue they're discussing. Maybe to them, they feel they have enough evidence to explore such possibilities. [\QUOTE]

With a group of kids whose paramount interests are hip-hop music, video games, etc.? As John Stossel would say, "Give me a break!"

If they don't really have that feeling, then yes, I'll agree it's an agenda driven issue.

I have the feeling that you already know this is an agenda driven issue, but you feel it's your responsibility to give it the best liberal spin.

acludem said:
I think this is a brilliant assignment, and so was a mock impeachment trial of President Clinton. I realize you righties are terrified of teachers who actually want to teach kids to think critically rather than take whatever Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity say as the absolute truth.

It is teachers like this who will provide us with the next generation of young people who will truly be equipped to lead. We need more teachers like this helping students to understand how to look at an any issue through critical eyes, how to analyze information from the media, and how to think for themselves rather than simply letting someone else tell you what to think be it Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken.

acludem

Are you that dense? Having an impeachment of Clinton is inappropriate as well. These teachers are attemtping to sway kids to a certain viewpoint about living people. If you are told to argue for impeachment, your going to find all the bad points on why Clinton should be impeached and leave the project fully hating Clinton regardless of what you actually hear from the other side.

This is a lesson in arguing, not critical thinking. Its teaching kids that no matter what your viewpoint is, you must defend it to the death regardless of whether its right or wrong. Thats 99% of the problem with people these days. They concede nothing when they are wrong. If they are wrong they are too blind to see it and insist the other side is wrong.

You bringing up hannity and Rush proves my point. Hannity and Rush are not teachers. They are talk show hosts. They do not have a captive audience. They make their opinions felt to a national audience that they have gained because people want to listen to them. If they didnt want to listen to them, then they wouldnt be on the air. You simply cant stand having an opposing viewpoint being heard that it makes you ill. You fight tooth and nail to get it silenced or to discredit it. You cant simply try and understand what is being said and then counter argue your point of view.

This teacher is exactly whats wrong with schools. Teach them the history of this country and not the unsubstantiated present.

Forum List

Back