NJ Governor acts like he MEANS what he says

This came about because Christie broke a promise NOT TO RAISE TAXES on seniors:

(April 2010)

Governor Proposes Cuts to Property Tax Relief Programs
Thousands of Homeowners Rely on “Senior Freeze” Tax Rebates

From the article:

"During last year’s campaign, now-Gov. Christopher Christie, R, said he would maintain the tax reimbursement program. But once he took office, Christie and his staff found a projected deficit of up to $10 billion in the state budget, which begins July 1. To close the deficit, Christie has proposed freezing new enrollments as well as the reimbursement level in the Senior Freeze program in 2011."

New Jersey Governor Proposes Cuts to Property Tax Relief Programs - AARP Bulletin Today

We currently have a STARS program that lowers property taxes in NY, and especially for seniors. You want to end that?

That's effectively what Christie is doing. Instead of extending the 2009 tax increase on millionaires, he's letting their taxes fall back to pre-2009 levels and in order to make up that lost revenue he's ending the property tax rebate for seniors.

Is that what you'd like to do in NY?

You are entirely dishonest. In that, you are very much a liberal Democrap like the assholes in the NJ legislature.

What the Governor ACTUALLY vetoed, you lying sack of pus, was a millionaires tax. what the fucking scumbag liberal Democrapics TRIED to do was link that bullshit to a program that offered a small rebate for a few people. In that way they hoped to be able to engage in the thoroughly dishonest propaganda YOU just tried to foist off:

NEW YORK, NY May 21, 2010 — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has vetoed a measure that would have restored a higher income tax on the state’s wealthiest residents. Democrats in both houses included the tax increase with votes to boost prescription drug benefits for seniors and to restore property tax rebates for the elderly and disabled. They knew Christie had promised to veto the measure, which would affect some 16,000 Garden State residents who make more than a million dollars a year. Christie was quick to reject the package, saying higher taxes would hurt the state's recovery. * * * *
WNYC - News - Christie Vetoes 'Millionaire's Tax'; Saturday Protest Planned in Trenton

They are transparent and so are you, you fucking fraud.

But it is always a pleasure to expose you for what you are. Yeech.

You're not making any sense. Try again. Try being mature for 5 minutes and maybe that will help you achieve some coherence.

Between the two of us, chump, I am the only one making sense. Oh, and I am the only one being honest.

Your dishonesty has already been exposed.

But feel free to keep trying. As I noted, I enjoy exposing you, you fraud.

In other words, you have no intelligent response.

In other words, you have no intelligence. NYC and state have about the highest combined tax levels in the US, have obscene and completely unsustainable pension and benefit levels for unionized public employees, NYS has had the highest number of people moving OUT of the state for years, and there has been countless news articles about all of this in all major news sources from both the left AND the right.

Recent history has proven that providing ever higher public employee benefits while perpetually raising taxes to pay for them is a losing scenario - see Greece.

A few superb articles and editorials:

People leaving NY for better places, particularly due to the high taxes:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/item_qb4pItQ71UXIc0i6cd3UpK

Detroit's new mayor Dave Bing on how public unions are increasing costs/taxes in an unsustainable fashion:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703558004574581650636077732.html

The Beholden State by Steven Malanga, City Journal Spring 2010

Plundering California by Steven Greenhut, City Journal 23 November 2009

OUR VIEW: The threat from public unions | Standard-Examiner – Ogden, Layton, Brigham, Weber, Davis, Top of Utah News

Mort Zuckerman: Breaking the Public Sector Unions' Stranglehold on State and Local Governments

At this point, the only people who believe raising taxes on an increasingly weakened private sector, simply have no brains.

Last edited:
[Your dishonesty has already been exposed.

You've offered nothing of substance to demonstrate that anything I've said was either false, inaccurate, or misleading.

The governor of New Jersey wants to end the tax relief for senior property owners as part of the remedy to the state's budget gap. That is indisputable.

The governor of New Jersey does not want to fund a continuation of that tax relief by continuing (or reimposing) a past tax increase on millionaires. That is indisputable.

The governor of New Jersey has now flip flopped on the senior prescription drug program, saying he will support it and it will be funded in large part by savings from the Obama healthcare plan. That is indisputable.

It is your sacred right to find all that worthy of praise. I was, and am, only pointing out the facts.

In other words, you have no intelligence. NYC and state have about the highest combined tax levels in the US, have obscene and completely unsustainable pension and benefit levels for unionized public employees, NYS has had the highest number of people moving OUT of the state for years, and there has been countless news articles about all of this in all major news sources from both the left AND the right.

Recent history has proven that providing ever higher public employee benefits while perpetually raising taxes to pay for them is a losing scenario - see Greece.

A few superb articles and editorials:

People leaving NY for better places, particularly due to the high taxes:

Tax refugees staging escape from New York - NYPOST.com

Detroit's new mayor Dave Bing on how public unions are increasing costs/taxes in an unsustainable fashion:

Interview with Dave Bing: Can Detroit Be Saved? - WSJ.com

The Beholden State by Steven Malanga, City Journal Spring 2010

Plundering California by Steven Greenhut, City Journal 23 November 2009

OUR VIEW: The threat from public unions | Standard-Examiner – Ogden, Layton, Brigham, Weber, Davis, Top of Utah News

Mort Zuckerman: Breaking the Public Sector Unions' Stranglehold on State and Local Governments

At this point, the only people who believe raising taxes on an increasingly weakened private sector, simply have no brains.

You are not even close to being on-topic here.

Between the two of us, chump, I am the only one making sense. Oh, and I am the only one being honest.

Your dishonesty has already been exposed.

I'm close to putting the asshole on ignore, not getting much in the way of intelligent responses or honest discussion, so the next post better have something qualitative, or the moron is going to land in the same flushing toilet as the 2 posters in my sig...:cuckoo:

You've offered nothing of substance to demonstrate that anything I've said was either false, inaccurate, or misleading.

The governor of New Jersey wants to end the tax relief for senior property owners as part of the remedy to the state's budget gap. That is indisputable.

The governor of New Jersey does not want to fund a continuation of that tax relief by continuing (or reimposing) a past tax increase on millionaires. That is indisputable.

The governor of New Jersey has now flip flopped on the senior prescription drug program, saying he will support it and it will be funded in large part by savings from the Obama healthcare plan. That is indisputable.

It is your sacred right to find all that worthy of praise. I was, and am, only pointing out the facts.

You are babbling and you remain dishonest.

The legislation, as I accurately noted, was designed to soak some millionaires. The smarmy liberal Democrap legislature tried, ineffectively as it turns out, to make a veto a poison pill option by inserting the provisions about utterly unrelated STAR type program tax matters. Oh well. That failed.

If the scumbag Democraps care that much about that program, they might want to consider making it a new stand alone act. THEN they can find out if the Governor will veto that. Oh the joy of politics.

In the interim, the problem is not one of finding new and creative ways to tax people. The problem is persuading your idiot liberal Democraps in the legislature to stop spending so much money. The present problem is finding rational ares to cut such spending.

You want to terminate the current property tax break for seniors in NY, and use the revenue to cut taxes for millionaires?

How does that benefit you?

My friend, do NOT EVEN FUCKING GET ME STARTED on this. A clear description of what I would do to the public employees of NYC and NYS is not allowed even on this most free-wheeling of boards.

"Cut taxes for millionaires"?

You are so fucking clueless, that either you are a troll, or just so fucking stupid as to be unworthy of a thoughtful response.

Incorrect. Your comment was a strawman argument, unworthy of response except to recognize it as such.

Quite expected of the liberal side...the strawman shit.

The legislation, as I accurately noted, was designed to soak some millionaires. The smarmy liberal Democrap legislature tried, ineffectively as it turns out, to make a veto a poison pill option by inserting the provisions about utterly unrelated STAR type program tax matters. Oh well. That failed.

If the scumbag Democraps care that much about that program, they might want to consider making it a new stand alone act. THEN they can find out if the Governor will veto that. Oh the joy of politics.

In the interim, the problem is not one of finding new and creative ways to tax people. The problem is persuading your idiot liberal Democraps in the legislature to stop spending so much money. The present problem is finding rational ares to cut such spending.

The governor had ending the senior tax rebate program in HIS budget. I've already posted that.

Do you want the governor to raise taxes on seniors in New Jersey or not?

Could you PLEASE state your position clearly?

My friend, do NOT EVEN FUCKING GET ME STARTED on this. A clear description of what I would do to the public employees of NYC and NYS is not allowed even on this most free-wheeling of boards.

You are so fucking clueless, that either you are a troll, or just so fucking stupid as to be unworthy of a thoughtful response.

Incorrect. Your comment was a strawman argument, unworthy of response except to recognize it as such.

Quite expected of the liberal side...the strawman shit.

Why don't you attempt to give your post some value and outline specifically what made my post a strawman, instead of just calling it a strawman and thinking you've said something useful?

I'm about the only one injecting facts into this thread. I labeled them as indisputable. If someone believes they're not factual, I suggest they dispute them with a substantive rebuttal.

The governor had ending the senior tax rebate program in HIS budget. I've already posted that.

Did you mean FORMER Gov. Corzine by any chance? Governor's budget would eliminate property tax deductions, rebates | - NJ.com

Or, are you avoiding the discussion of Governor Christie's reversal regarding the prescription program for seniors?

NorthJersey.com: NJ Gov. Chris Christie changes course on senior prescription drug cuts

Or perhaps you are merely DELIBERATELY omitting the Governor's ALTERNATIVE PLAN:
As part of the plan to suspend rebate checks, Christie will propose converting the money property owners and some renters would have received into direct credits on their tax bills. Some seniors may still receive rebates.
Christie to suspend N.J. property tax rebates, cut over billion in aid to towns, schools, colleges | State | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

It's amazing how dishonest you tend to be when engaged in your hyper partisan poltical propaganda efforts, you fraud.

Now, as for your question directed at me and my own preferences: I am entirely for cutting spending and cutting taxes.

How about you, fraud?

Did you mean FORMER Gov. Corzine by any chance? Governor's budget would eliminate property tax deductions, rebates | - NJ.com

Or, are you avoiding the discussion of Governor Christie's reversal regarding the prescription program for seniors?

NorthJersey.com: NJ Gov. Chris Christie changes course on senior prescription drug cuts

Or perhaps you are merely DELIBERATELY omitting the Governor's ALTERNATIVE PLAN:
As part of the plan to suspend rebate checks, Christie will propose converting the money property owners and some renters would have received into direct credits on their tax bills. Some seniors may still receive rebates.
Christie to suspend N.J. property tax rebates, cut over billion in aid to towns, schools, colleges | State | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

It's amazing how dishonest you tend to be when engaged in your hyper partisan poltical propaganda efforts, you fraud.

Now, as for your question directed at me and my own preferences: I am entirely for cutting spending and cutting taxes.

How about you, fraud?

You need to learn to debate like an adult.

I posted Governor Christie's flip flop on prescription drugs. TWICE. At least read my posts before you namecall.

[Now, as for your question directed at me and my own preferences: I am entirely for cutting spending and cutting taxes.

So you do NOT support Governor Christie raising taxes on seniors, and you would not support NY doing the same with our STARS program,

despite you having made this thread in praise of what Christie is doing and saying you wished NY would do it.

[Now, as for your question directed at me and my own preferences: I am entirely for cutting spending and cutting taxes.

So you do NOT support Governor Christie raising taxes on seniors, and you would not support NY doing the same with our STARS program,

despite you having made this thread in praise of what Christie is doing and saying you wished NY would do it.

More disingenuity from you. Not at all unexpected.

As I correctly noted earlier (and, gee, for SOME reason you find it expedient to simply ignore it), what Gov. Christie PROPOSED was that the folks who would lose the STAR type refunds would instead get an immediate credit. Thus, what the GOVERNOR actually proposed would have provided NO tax increase to seniors as you persist in falsely claiming.

By the way, here in NY, the STAR program ends up saving an average of only $201 to certain home-owners (at least according to NY state itself). Thus, the STAR program is largely a fucking crock. So don't get your panties in a wad, there, carbuncle.

You remain a fully exposed fraud.

Wow, could it be self serving? could it be he himself is a millionaire? You think some more taxes on millionaires who live lush lives is going to harm them? Why do people defend these people, I don't get it. That caught up on ideology and what their political idols have been feeding them? Those people that most of the time are rich themselves?

You want to terminate the current property tax break for seniors in NY, and use the revenue to cut taxes for millionaires?

How does that benefit you?

Right, as this post shows how brilliant you are. Lacking any sort of reasoning, just ranting. Brilliant, that's actually how morons and trolls argue:clap2:

Forum List

Back