NJ Court Denies Rapist’s Request for Sex Change

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
TRENTON — A man serving 40 years in state prison for the kidnap and rape of a teenage girl in Cape May County a decade ago is now suing the state prison system for not allowing him to become a woman.

According to Herald archives, James Randall Smith, 33, a former truck driver from Vineland, ambushed a 17-year-old girl and her boyfriend at knifepoint on the Ocean City Boardwalk in early morning hours of Aug. 7, 2000. Smith took the girl to a remote area of Maurice River Township where he raped her, beat her and left her for dead.

Now he wants a sex change.

In Trenton’s New Jersey State Prison facility, Smith is designated a “special needs inmate.” He claimed to be a “male-to-female transgender individual” who although “born biologically male” is “psychologically and emotionally female,” according to court documents.

Court Denies Rapist?s Request to Become a Woman - Cape May County Herald

His request was denied, however I believe there have been other cases where the state has paid. Comments?

TRENTON — A man serving 40 years in state prison for the kidnap and rape of a teenage girl in Cape May County a decade ago is now suing the state prison system for not allowing him to become a woman.

According to Herald archives, James Randall Smith, 33, a former truck driver from Vineland, ambushed a 17-year-old girl and her boyfriend at knifepoint on the Ocean City Boardwalk in early morning hours of Aug. 7, 2000. Smith took the girl to a remote area of Maurice River Township where he raped her, beat her and left her for dead.

In Trenton’s New Jersey State Prison facility, Smith is designated a “special needs inmate.” He claimed to be a “male-to-female transgender individual” who although “born biologically male” is “psychologically and emotionally female,” according to court documents.

His request was denied, however I believe there have been other cases where the state has paid. Comments?

Liberal bullshit. HE deserves no money from the taxpayer to change his sex. Let him serve his time and find the money once out.

He raped a girl viscously and tried to KILL her. NOT one red cent.

I agree with you RGS. But apparently many don't.

The situation is so vexing to prison administrators that, as recently as a month ago, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care drafted a position statement titled "Transgender Health Care in Correctional Settings."

It reads in part: "When determined to be medically necessary for a particular inmate, hormone therapy should be initiated and sex reassignment surgery considered on a case-by-case basis."

But at what cost?

Electrolysis treatments run about $500 each. A sex-change operation can cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000. Add the cost of regular hormone shots and treatment for transgender inmates adds up.

Should State Pay for Prison Inmate's Sex Change? - ABC News

The chances are this individual is motivated to commit rape by uncontrollable impulses which he wishes to overcome by surgically eliminating their hormonal source and transforming his sexuality. And while we have pious citizens who refuse to spend the money needed to accommodate his wish to be castrated and made into a woman, thus ensuring that he will never rape another woman, they would rather expend the cost of incarcerating him, along with assuming the probability that his impulses will get the better of him once he is released.

But that's New Jersey for ya.

Last edited:
No Mike. He is being PUNISHED for the brutal rape of a child. Rehabilitaion is for juveniles; not men who are sentenced to 40 years. He won't be raping women for quite some time. Maybe his goal is to get transferred to a woman's prison. Fuck him/her/it.

Sure, give him a sex change, I could perform it for $50. Give me a sharp knife.

No Mike. He is being PUNISHED for the brutal rape of a child. Rehabilitaion is for juveniles; not men who are sentenced to 40 years. He won't be raping women for quite some time. Maybe his goal is to get transferred to a woman's prison. Fuck him/her/it.
In that case I agree.

Its been going on in CA for a very long time. Its one of the things that really pisses me off. I don't give a rats ass what they want, its elective surgery.

Forum List

Back