Nixons Health Insurance Plan of the early 70's- more liberal than the ACA

Oh, I see. Is "grownup" the new euphemism for "authoritarian racist"?

No, it's a description for people who live in the real world and understand there are bills that need to get paid.

That all sounds good. But that's not really what you've been talking about, so I guess that must be a euphemism for something else.

If Democrats can move past their denial and honestly answer this question, they might evolve into a decent party.
I told you why. Poor white christian homophobic gun nut males don't vote GOP because they do better under them. Theyve been convinced financially it doesn't matter.

Ever consider that they aren't voting their pocketbook? That maybe there are other things that matter more than scoring benes from government?
Yes, god, gays, guns and racism.

I hear you. And I'm very much in favor of taking a stand against assholes. But you, or rather the Democrats in general, need to get past that simplistic view. It's insulting, and inadvertently validating, to the people who voted for Trump because they were sick of the 'liberal elite', people who voted for Trump because they wanted to break the Clinton/Bush dynasty, or because they genuinely think Trump will be a good president. I certainly don't buy any of that, but lots of people do.

The point is, there are plenty of Trump supporters who aren't racists and bigots, who might come to understand they've made a mistake - or for whatever reason become disenchanted with Trump. We need those people to come around. If we keep insulting them by telling them that we're pretty sure they're ignorant racists, that's not going to happen.
People need to see the difference between Republicans and Democrats. The people who benefitted most from Obamacare didn't show up for Hillary. Or to the last midterms. The poor deserve to lose their ACA and Americans deserve it when Republicans cut Medicare and social security 30%

Again, I can appreciate that point of view. Voters get what they deserve. The problem is, the rest of us get what they deserve as well.

I told you why. Poor white christian homophobic gun nut males don't vote GOP because they do better under them. Theyve been convinced financially it doesn't matter.

Ever consider that they aren't voting their pocketbook? That maybe there are other things that matter more than scoring benes from government?

I hear you. And I'm very much in favor of taking a stand against assholes. But you, or rather the Democrats in general, need to get past that simplistic view. It's insulting, and inadvertently validating, to the people who voted for Trump because they were sick of the 'liberal elite', people who voted for Trump because they wanted to break the Clinton/Bush dynasty, or because they genuinely think Trump will be a good president. I certainly don't buy any of that, but lots of people do.

The point is, there are plenty of Trump supporters who aren't racists and bigots, who might come to understand they've made a mistake - or for whatever reason become disenchanted with Trump. We need those people to come around. If we keep insulting them by telling them that we're pretty sure they're ignorant racists, that's not going to happen.
People need to see the difference between Republicans and Democrats. The people who benefitted most from Obamacare didn't show up for Hillary. Or to the last midterms. The poor deserve to lose their ACA and Americans deserve it when Republicans cut Medicare and social security 30%

Again, I can appreciate that point of view. Voters get what they deserve. The problem is, the rest of us get what they deserve as well.
Yes you and I belong to this society and get what we deserve. Maybe we should be more vocal. Did you help Hillary or in 2010? I didnt

Yes you and I belong to this society and get what we deserve. Maybe we should be more vocal.
Well, I was referring to the attitude that stupid voters get what they deserve. If it "what they deserver" wasn't forced on everyone else, I wouldn't care, but it generally is. We have to deal with stupid voters, or more graciously, voters who don't agree with, more productively. They don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Did you help Hillary or in 2010? I didnt

No, and I don't regret my decision. I was really hoping she'd do something, anything really, to give an excuse - but in the end she's pretty much diametrically opposed to my political values.

Yes you and I belong to this society and get what we deserve. Maybe we should be more vocal.
Well, I was referring to the attitude that stupid voters get what they deserve. If it "what they deserver" wasn't forced on everyone else, I wouldn't care, but it generally is. We have to deal with stupid voters, or more graciously, voters who don't agree with, more productively. They don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Did you help Hillary or in 2010? I didnt

No, and I don't regret my decision. I was really hoping she'd do something, anything really, to give an excuse - but in the end she's pretty much diametrically opposed to my political values.
Each time you hear on the news the Republicans doing something you don't like, remember you didn't vote for Hillary. If you aren't happy that insurance companies can now deny you or jack up your rates because you have a pre existing condition, just remember you voted for it. She did do something. Along with democrats they passed Obamacare.

And when Republicans cut your social security and medicare 30%, just remember you said you are diametrically opposed to Clinton's Democratic values.

House Republicans passed their Obamacare repeal bill on Thursday. It would eliminate the pre-existing conditions guarantee and knock millions of people off insurance, among other depressing details.

“We need to make sure that the people who are supposed to represent us ― the people who are meeting about this right now in Washington ― understand that very clearly,” he continued. “Let’s stop with the nonsense. This isn’t football. There are no teams. We are the team. It’s the United States. Don’t let their partisan squabbles divide us on something every decent person wants.”

“No parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child’s life,” Kimmel said, choking up. “It just shouldn’t happen. Not here.”

That all sounds good. But that's not really what you've been talking about, so I guess that must be a euphemism for something else.

No, it's just concepts you libertarians don't understand. You want all the benefits of living in a civilized society but with none of the sacrifices.

Which essentially makes you children.

Except the majority of voters said "No" to Trump. The majority of voters said "no" to the ACHA.

Each time you hear on the news the Republicans doing something you don't like, remember you didn't vote for Hillary. If you aren't happy that insurance companies can now deny you or jack up your rates because you have a pre existing condition, just remember you voted for it. She did do something. Along with democrats they passed Obamacare.

That's why I didn't vote for her.

And when Republicans cut your social security and medicare 30%, just remember you said you are diametrically opposed to Clinton's Democratic values.

House Republicans passed their Obamacare repeal bill on Thursday. It would eliminate the pre-existing conditions guarantee and knock millions of people off insurance, among other depressing details.

“We need to make sure that the people who are supposed to represent us ― the people who are meeting about this right now in Washington ― understand that very clearly,” he continued. “Let’s stop with the nonsense. This isn’t football. There are no teams. We are the team. It’s the United States. Don’t let their partisan squabbles divide us on something every decent person wants.”

Here's the thing I wish you'd at least think about: If you recognize that Republicans are stingy, self-righteous pricks who don't give a damn about your welfare, why do you want them in charge of things like your retirement, or your health care, in the first place?

Here's the thing I wish you'd at least think about: If you recognize that Republicans are stingy, self-righteous pricks who don't give a damn about your welfare, why do you want them in charge of things like your retirement, or your health care, in the first place?

We don't. They lose the popular vote on a regular basis, no matter how much their libertarian sugar daddies like the Koch Brothers prop them up.

But they just steal elections anyhow.

“No parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child’s life,” Kimmel said, choking up. “It just shouldn’t happen. Not here.”

Agreed. The question is whether it's a proper concern of government. Life is full of tragic reality that "just shouldn't happen". Guns can't solve everything.

We don't. They lose the popular vote on a regular basis, no matter how much their libertarian sugar daddies like the Koch Brothers prop them up.

But they just steal elections anyhow.

Yep. So, knowing that's going to happen, why put government in charge of life's necessities?

Agreed. The question is whether it's a proper concern of government. Life is full of tragic reality that "just shouldn't happen". Guns can't solve everything.

But you libertarians want exactly that... Because the government telling doctors an insurance companies that they MUST treat sick children is more horrifying to you than actually treating sick children.

Now go away, the grownups are talking.

But you libertarians want exactly that... Because the government telling doctors an insurance companies that they MUST treat sick children is more horrifying to you than actually treating sick children.

No. I just see past the tired old "it's for the children" sales pitch.

New Topics

Forum List

Back