Nixon was the best President we ever had.

By July 14, 1974, President Richard Nixon stood almost alone. His vice-president Spiro Agnew, pleaded nolo contendere to a charge of tax evasion, and was forced to resign. Many of Nixon's closest aides had been convicted of illegal activities. Nixon himself was named an "un-indicted co-conspirator" by the Watergate grand jury. A few days later, the House Judiciary Committee recommended impeachment, and the Supreme Court required him to turn over all subpoenaed tapes. When even his closest friends, reviewing these tapes, agreed that the evidence against him was overwhelming, Nixon bowed to the inevitable, resigning on August 9.

hblock10-th.jpg

Something tells me you're not a Nixon fan. I'm not sure what it is, I can't seem to quite grasp it...........

I love him. Two weeks away from deployment and he started the draw down, I got to play in the jungles of Panama instead.

Really?
Bush fought and won 2 wars. Nixon managed to lose one. Nixon trashed the economy with high inflation and eventually stagflation. Bush inherited a recession and produced 8 years of prosperity. Nixon was nearly impeached, Bush's personal conduct was stainless.

Oh yea...

I forgot that "Mission Accomplished" stuff

Recession? I thought he inherited a budget surplus and left with the largest recession in 70 years

Stainless personal conduct??? I guess if you don't count torture

Last edited:
Bush tortured someone? How? By sticking a cigar in her ****?
You obviously weren't reading the newspapers during the beginning of his admin. You probably aren't today.

Really?
Bush fought and won 2 wars. Nixon managed to lose one. Nixon trashed the economy with high inflation and eventually stagflation. Bush inherited a recession and produced 8 years of prosperity. Nixon was nearly impeached, Bush's personal conduct was stainless.

Oh yea...

Recession? I thought he inherited a budget surplus and left with the largest recession in 70 years

We never had a surplus, it was only projected. Then 9/11 happened.

Bush didn't torture anyone. Typical lib garbage

You obviously weren't reading the newspapers during the beginning of his admin. You probably aren't today.

Your language tells me you are not a Rabbi.

Your analysis of our Presidents tells me you are not a Presidential scholar and you probably do not know your axx from a hole in the ground.

Your language tells me you are not a Rabbi.

Your analysis of our Presidents tells me you are not a Presidential scholar and you probably do not know your axx from a hole in the ground.

Your posts tell me you're a moron without a clue.

Really?

Oh yea...

We never had a surplus, it was only projected. Then 9/11 happened.

Bush didn't torture anyone. Typical lib garbage

Bush did worse than merely torture. He set up a system to deny prisoners basic rights of habeus corpus. He ordered procedures commited that are prohibited by the Geneva Convention.

Bush's crimes are far worse than Nixons coverup.

History will hold him accountable

Something tells me you're not a Nixon fan. I'm not sure what it is, I can't seem to quite grasp it...........

I love him. Two weeks away from deployment and he started the draw down, I got to play in the jungles of Panama instead.

In his 1968 bid for the presidency, Richard Nixon announced to the war-weary country that he had a secret plan to end the Vietnam War. When he ran for re-election four years later, American troops were still fighting in Indochina, with casualties continuing to climb.

s03468u-th.jpg

No President that gave us price controls and 100% fiat currency could be considered the best President ever.

I'd suggest looking at Thomas Jefferson or Grover Cleveland for that title.

No President that gave us price controls and 100% fiat currency could be considered the best President ever.

Aint nothing wrong with a little fiat currency system, are we supposed to hoard all the gold on the planet?.

Aint nothing wrong with a little fiat currency system, are we supposed to hoard all the gold on the planet?.

We wouldn't require all the gold on the planet for a system of sound money. And yes there is plenty wrong with a fiat currency system, such as the ability of the government to inflate at will.

Thomas Jefferson for best President? How so Kevin? lol He grew the size of government once he got into office. His walk didn't match his talk.

Thomas Jefferson for best President? How so Kevin? lol He grew the size of government once he got into office. His walk didn't match his talk.

Every President has. He was just better than most of the others.

You are a smart man Kevin. You can do better than trying to shine up Jefferson's past. You wouldn't do that with Lincoln etc, but you do it with Jefferson.

In a lot of ways, Jefferson and Nixon had a lot in common, both personality wise and politically. Both men where conniving backroom backbiters. Both men held venomous grudges, focused on personal glory, lied, and allowed partisan politics to get the best of them both in action and in policy.

While no President has been perfect, Jefferson and Nixon are, in my opinion, far removed from being any kind of example to aspire to, when it comes to President.

You are a smart man Kevin. You can do better than trying to shine up Jefferson's past. You wouldn't do that with Lincoln etc, but you do it with Jefferson.

In a lot of ways, Jefferson and Nixon had a lot in common, both personality wise and politically. Both men where conniving backroom backbiters. Both men held venomous grudges, focused on personal glory, lied, and allowed partisan politics to get the best of them both in action and in policy.

While no President has been perfect, Jefferson and Nixon are, in my opinion, far removed from being any kind of example to aspire to, when it comes to President.

I'm not attempting to shine up Jefferson's Presidency. I say he's better than most of the others, I didn't say he was a good President. Who would you say was the best, if I may ask?

I'm not attempting to shine up Jefferson's Presidency. I say he's better than most of the others, I didn't say he was a good President. Who would you say was the best, if I may ask?

I don't believe such a man exist, if we are to use the Constitution itself as the benchmark.

I must submit to you all , that Richard Milhouse Nixon, was the best President we ever had.

Best president? Wrong......he was a fucking crook that thought he was above the law. Remember "if the President does it, it's not against the law"?

Oh yeah.....let's talk about the Laguardia Report (commissioned by Nixon). It was commissioned for scientists to report on the effects, as well as the harms and benefits of cannabis on the human body.

He'd originally commissioned it to prove that cannabis was dangerous.

When the scientists figured out that it was beneficial and stated such? Nixon threw the whole thing away. Great waste of tax dollars.

Oh yeah......wanna talk about the rampant corruption in his admin?

I bet that you think Cheney was the greatest VP as well, eh?

Fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back