Nitroz is EMPLOYED!!

First Sallow, Now Me! :D

This is my first job and I start on the 20th, doing part time.
I will be making above minimum wage, so nothing to complain here about. And this job is better than Walmart. ;) (Very Well established retail/wholesale chain)

Pretty good for a 19 year old college student who has no employment history, eh? :p

HUZZAH!

Congratulations:thewave:!!!

that is from august 2102.

ur a bit late. :p

Congrats and welcome to the working world!

Now, every time you get a paycheck be sure to peruse its stub and all the itemized deductions from your gross pay. Won't make you happy but you will be thoroughly aware of where your money's going, especially the various taxes. Be sure to add those up and figure the percentage now and then, so you're in the proper frame of mind when, for example, you enter a voting booth.

I will be making above minimum wage, so nothing to complain here about. And this job is better than Walmart. ;) (Very Well established retail/wholesale chain)

Pretty good for a 19 year old college student who has no employment history, eh? :p

HUZZAH!

Congratulations.

But--coming from a so-called "liberal"--I have to ask, how in the world did you manage to avoid working for so long? I actually had my first regular, daily job outside the home when I was 12.

HUZZAH!

Congratulations.

But--coming from a so-called "liberal"--I have to ask, how in the world did you manage to avoid working for so long? I actually had my first regular, daily job outside the home when I was 12.

I have a house partly in my name, take care of a schizophrenic mother, do all the house work, etc etc.

Plus I already had $2,000 before working, so I delegated that for a year and used my pell grant for college

You are on the right track, Nitroz. I have no doubt you'll be a success. Congrats! Go to the Tavern, and I'll buy you a drink!

So, near 2 year update.

Now 21 and still working there.

Store manager personally moved me to liquor store last july-august because I did great, had no write ups, etc. (It's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing) I had just turned 20 about 3-4 months prior to being put in the liquor store, so that could have been a bad thing, but I still did great.

My latest performance review has been FLAWLESS and all of management loves me. Though for each review, they need to put something in the "Improvements" section, which they were forced to train me for new tasks. So current plans among management is to bring me back in-store and have me work different tasks (I have my assistant supervisor key, so I'm hoping to be supervisor by this holiday season).

Also had career day with the regional and store manager. Lasted 30 mins and went G R E A T

Not bad for a first job, huh?

Forum List

Back