'Niners or Giants?

Just in case...who is the Niners backup QB?

The 230 pound monster.....Colin Kaepernick. He's an animal.

Kaepernick is the only quarterback in the history of Division I FBS college football to have passed for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 4,000 yards in a collegiate career. Kaepernick is also the only Division 1 FBS QB to have passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,000 yards in a single season three times in a career (consecutively)

My gut says the Giants but if the Patriots beat Baltimore I will be the biggest 49er fan in the country for about three and a half hours.

The 49ers have a grinding, torturous, pounding, running game that the 27th ranked NY defense simply cannot stop. Gore and Hunter will combine for over 200 yards running and 3 TD''s, Smith will toss at least two more in what will be a lopsided destruction of Manning and company. The 49 D will shut down the Giants. Sorry G-men, you shot your wad beating the Packers....
SF - 35
NY - 17

So Zander, ever been to the San Francisco Saloon in West LA? A couple of years ago my wife and I met went with my sister's family (two little kids, included) to Disneyland. The Niners played that W/E so we looked for a sports bar to see the Niner game. Found the SF Saloon in West LA; good food and good company on game day.

Niners 16; (Gi)ants 14

Sky's are gray and no wind at the 0925 30 miles due east of the 'stick'.
Oddly enough, I've been there a few times - they have awesome burgers and a nice laid back vibe. Cold beer helps too...!

There is a place right down the street on Pico (just east of the 405) called the "Apple Pan" that is a must visit next time you are in the area. Take the wife and kids, it's legendary....Huell Howser even did a show on them!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XKi9_haJU0]Huell Howser visiting the APPLE PAN PT 1 - YouTube[/ame]

niner's roll today.....

Thanks for the tip, we'll check it out. Yes, the burgers and the fries were great.

I went to the Niner game last week; it was the most entertaining game I've ever watched. I expect both teams are still high on last weel's wins - should be a great game and I hope your correct and the Niners roll.

The 49ers have a grinding, torturous, pounding, running game that the 27th ranked NY defense simply cannot stop. Gore and Hunter will combine for over 200 yards running and 3 TD''s, Smith will toss at least two more in what will be a lopsided destruction of Manning and company. The 49 D will shut down the Giants. Sorry G-men, you shot your wad beating the Packers....
SF - 35
NY - 17

Solid prediction. :tongue:

SF - 35
NY - 17

Solid prediction. :tongue:

That's why I don't gamble......:lol:

Smith did throw for 2 td's though....

SF - 35
NY - 17

If those two teams played each other 6 times, they wouldn't score 52 points between them.

Giants 13
Niners 10

The Giants will be not only be defeated, they will be humiliated and shamed. It's gonna be an epic beat down like the 1993 NFC Divisional Playoffs....Some Giant players will retire after this one.....

:lol:

1993 NFC Divisional playoff: 49ers 44, Giants 3
Dan Reeves had the Giants back in the playoffs after taking over for Ray Handley but this one was never close. It was the worst playoff defeat in Giants history. Ricky Waters set a single-game playoff record with five rushing touchdowns and Steve Young, still a year away from getting that monkey off his back in the Super Bowl, threw for 226 yards.

Phil Simms was sacked four times and intercepted twice in what would be his final game. It would be the end of an era. L.T. announced his retirement immediately afterwards.

"I've had 13 years of enjoyable times - I think it's time to call it quits," he said.

"I remember our playoff victories in our stadium, and of course I remember the playoff losses out there too, which were pretty rough," Simms said this week. "When we lost out there, we took beatings, and we knew when the game was over, they were the better team."

Read more: Former players recall classic playoff battles between NY Giants and San Francisco 49ers including the two hits that left quarterback Joe Montana reeling - NY Daily News

All the Niners were missing yesterday was Steve Young. No passes completed to wide receivers, no third downs converted

If those two teams played each other 6 times, they wouldn't score 52 points between them.

Giants 13
Niners 10

The Giants will be not only be defeated, they will be humiliated and shamed. It's gonna be an epic beat down like the 1993 NFC Divisional Playoffs....Some Giant players will retire after this one.....

1993 NFC Divisional playoff: 49ers 44, Giants 3
Dan Reeves had the Giants back in the playoffs after taking over for Ray Handley but this one was never close. It was the worst playoff defeat in Giants history. Ricky Waters set a single-game playoff record with five rushing touchdowns and Steve Young, still a year away from getting that monkey off his back in the Super Bowl, threw for 226 yards.

Phil Simms was sacked four times and intercepted twice in what would be his final game. It would be the end of an era. L.T. announced his retirement immediately afterwards.

"I've had 13 years of enjoyable times - I think it's time to call it quits," he said.

"I remember our playoff victories in our stadium, and of course I remember the playoff losses out there too, which were pretty rough," Simms said this week. "When we lost out there, we took beatings, and we knew when the game was over, they were the better team."

Read more: Former players recall classic playoff battles between NY Giants and San Francisco 49ers including the two hits that left quarterback Joe Montana reeling - NY Daily News

All the Niners were missing yesterday was Steve Young. No passes completed to wide receivers, no third downs converted
Both teams played excellent. Twas some of the best playoff football I have seen in a long time. I am looking forward to a great Super Bowl. It will be fun watching Tom Brady win another ring....:finger3:

Both teams played excellent. Twas some of the best playoff football I have seen in a long time. I am looking forward to a great Super Bowl. It will be fun watching Tom Brady win another ring....:finger3:

Based upon your prediction history, this should all but guarantee the win for the Giants.

Based upon your prediction history, this should all but guarantee the win for the Giants.

I have no problem prognosticating. If I am wrong, big deal, it won't change a thing, my life will still be awesome. You? You're like a little sissy on the sidelines......:lol:

Reminded me of the old days when teams actually played defense. In spite of sloppy conditions and aggressive defenses neithe offense turned over the ball

Reminded me of the old days when teams actually played defense. In spite of sloppy conditions and aggressive defenses neithe offense turned over the ball

:thup: It was "old school" football - black and blue style! Loved it. The Giant "D" really stepped up and Eli forever dismissed any doubts about his "toughness". He took a beating!

It should be a very competitive Super Bowl.

$giants sf spanking.jpg

I have no problem prognosticating. If I am wrong, big deal, it won't change a thing, my life will still be awesome. You? You're like a little sissy on the sidelines......:lol:

Ouch? :confused:

Forum List

Back