Nine Weeks old

I recommend getting a natural wood cat tree 74" or higher if it can fit under the ceiling in your home.
Maincoons love to sleep as high as they can get, plus the natural wood lasts a lifetime plus for scratching posts.
The carpet and rope posts gets shredded rather quickly by this breed. You save money in the long run if you can afford it. :)

I recommend getting a natural wood cat tree 74" or higher if it can fit under the ceiling in your home.
Maincoons love to sleep as high as they can get, plus the natural wood lasts a lifetime plus for scratching posts.
The carpet and rope posts gets shredded rather quickly by this breed. You save money in the long run if you can afford it. :)
yeah, a scratching post is a definite must!

So, an update on Smalls. He is now about five months old. He is a bit larger than before. :disbelief:

A recap for those who are interested. Here he is at the end of June.

desktopnap.jpg

Take note of the mouse pad. In the next picture, he could almost curl up his entire body on it.

june292017.jpg

So, I snapped a photo of him yesterday as he was stretched out on My desk. (excuse the mess)

2017-10-10 20.49.11.jpg

Notice the mouse pad?

Finally, we have a Tiger Taby about 8 years old we call Andy. Smalls was nothing but a tiny nuisance when he first arrived. Now I have to protect him from Smalls when they play.

andyandsmalls.jpg

If I get a chance, I'll upload a GoPro clip I shot of these two when Smalls was with us in the first week.

Okay, haters are going to hate I realize but it had been a long week and the wife and I hadn't cleaned up since the previous weekend. So excuse the mess and the news channel. LOL I don't actually listen to Fox News that often but I was trying to catch up on the weeks events and Fox was the one on the computer when I grabbed the GoPro...

While I was uploading images, I thought I'd post a Smalls update. He's growing a little bit....

2017-11-20 12.38.12.jpg

One with him sleeping with Andy, our brown tiger tabby...

and one of him sleeping on the pellet stove next to the batch of watermelon wine I haven't had time to bottle yet.

Attachments

• 2017-11-24 11.59.47.jpg
    2017-11-24 11.59.47.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 2017-11-13 20.27.26.jpg
    2017-11-13 20.27.26.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
Picked up a new rescue a week ago. Thinking of calling him Biggie-Smalls....

Maine Coon Cat

View attachment 135787

Good luck ,he's going to keep you on your toes. They love the "mess with your head" games.
We had a mainecoon, called him Rusty after a rusty nail entering the bottom of your foot.:biggrin:

He loved to pull the curtain rods out of the walls.
LOL. At nine weeks, this little guy is already climbing curtains and show absolutely zero fear with leaping from heights.

Exactly, they love it, also the tops of doors.
Rusty's favorite thing was to lay down on top of an open door and knock everybody's cowboy hats off. Then he grinned like he was trying his best to be the Cheshire cat. :lmao:

My sympathies for ya! :)
You are in for a wild ride of a life time experience with that type of half norwegian forrest cat in him that refuses to be tamed.
Hint- training with water squirt bottles or squirt guns does not work, they love water and like to play in the shower. :)
You will be woken up in the middle of the night many times thoughout that cats lifetime if he gets pissed off at you.
On a good note,they are very good loyal, playful cats and love to cuddle, snuggle and sleep with you.
He likes to try and get in the shower with Me or My wife. Our bathroom door doesn't latch properly and he figured out how to pull it open pretty quick.

I have one of him waiting for Me as I exited the shower a little while back.

20171130_093252.jpg

Forum List

Back