Nine killed in bus crash in oregon - Media buries story

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Why isn't this a front page story like death by gun always is.? This tragedy was totally preventable. If roads are icy you slow down, but the car crazies never do.

Nine Killed in Oregon Bus Crash

Sunday, 30 Dec 2012 05:20 PM

A tour bus careened through a guardrail along an icy Oregon highway and several hundred feet down a steep embankment Sunday, killing nine people and injuring about 20 others, authorities said.

The charter bus carrying about 40 people lost control around 10:30 a.m. on the snow- and ice-covered lanes of Interstate 84, according to the Oregon State Police.

Ban icy weather.......!

oh wait.....we need to TAX companies that produce co2 in order to prevent the global climate changes that cause icy weather that cause buses to crash that kill people.....

:rolleyes:

I just know that I speak for all of us here when I say that I feel comfortable knowing
that we are in good hands with the Democrat party looking out for our safety.I am
happy that the Democrats will move swiftly to ban buses and subways now that they
have proven to be so deadly.

How typical of rw's to make fun of children being murdered.

31 school shootings since Columbine.

Can't you at least PRETEND to care?

Somebody did something wrong here. Either the bus driver was driving too fast for conditions or someone else was and lost control and forced the bus driver to swerve. Anyway - this was no "accident" like the media always says.

Somebody should hang for this but nothing will be done.

Why isn't this a front page story like death by gun always is.? This tragedy was totally preventable. If roads are icy you slow down, but the car crazies never do.

A tour bus careened through a guardrail along an icy Oregon highway and several hundred feet down a steep embankment Sunday, killing nine people and injuring about 20 others, authorities said.

The charter bus carrying about 40 people lost control around 10:30 a.m. on the snow- and ice-covered lanes of Interstate 84, according to the Oregon State Police.
I lived in Oregon for 5 years. After leaving Wyoming, one of my first winters there, I noticed on a day when black ice covered a good portion of the roadways, people wound up in ditches on either side of the road. They weren't used to that kind of problem, because often, where we lived, it just didn't freeze much.

People in some parts of the state are not acquainted with slowing down in icy conditions. In truly cold states, people know that if 15 mph still feels like you're slipping, you reduce to 5 and stay that way until you get home safely. It just isn't worth it. Steel belted radials are good tires in cold weather, but on icy roads, your best friend is the knowledge that if you have to be somewhere soon, let it go. Slow down until your car feels safe. If it's 5 mph, let that be your speed. If you've only driven a couple of blocks from home, you might consider going back home and cancelling your drive. If it's an emergency, call an ambulance.

How typical of rw's to make fun of children being murdered.

31 school shootings since Columbine.

Can't you at least PRETEND to care?

I'm sure more kids are killed in car crashes each year than are killed by guns. But you liberals ignore that. Get help please.

a9add5ac.gif

People in some parts of the state are not acquainted with slowing down in icy conditions. In truly cold states, people know that if 15 mph still feels like you're slipping, you reduce to 5 and stay that way until you get home safely. It just isn't worth it. Steel belted radials are good tires in cold weather, but on icy roads, your best friend is the knowledge that if you have to be somewhere soon, let it go. Slow down until your car feels safe. If it's 5 mph, let that be your speed. If you've only driven a couple of blocks from home, you might consider going back home and cancelling your drive. If it's an emergency, call an ambulance.

Everybody knows that just like they know it's wrong to drive drunk or drive while texting or run red lights. People do it anyway cuz the penalties are so slight. We need a law that anyone found guilty of vehicular homicide must do at least 20 years in the can.

I lived in Oregon for 5 years. After leaving Wyoming, one of my first winters there, I noticed on a day when black ice covered a good portion of the roadways, people wound up in ditches on either side of the road. They weren't used to that kind of problem, because often, where we lived, it just didn't freeze much.

good advice...Oregon has many hilly winding scenic roads where black ice can 'suddenly' appear.....especially patches where large evergreens shade the road....very dangerous....

Forum List

Back