Nikki: You should be proud

I challenge you to name a nation that has NOT done either of those as formal government policy.

Or admit that all nations craft policy to serve their national interests and you only have a problem with it when America does it, because you hate America.
BS. Your "national interests" are the constant destruction of other countries in order to maintain hegemony. This isn´t working, anyway. That´s not a valid interest, I guess.

You listed two behaviors that you consider not legit means to serve a national interest.

I took you at your word, and seriously challenged you to name a nation that has not done either of them.

THE point is, that if what you are upset about, is completely normal national behavior, then your "outrage" is revealed to be bullshit.

And your failure to back up your complaint(s), shows that to be the case.

My point stands. All nations craft their national policy to serve their national interests.

That you see a problem in that, just when we do it, is not sane of you.
You are repeating yourself. In fact, there is no other nation that ever did what the US does today.
There were wars and sieges, massacres, all that stuff. But it was never the purpose to suppress the development of other countries.
And, if you mind, we are now in a modern age. You say, Hitler did it, so it is ok, when we do it. And who opposes that idea, is anti-American. You are the modern world nazi scum, fuck you. And the you is you and those who think alike - not the people.

Here is the trick of the question.

YOU get to pick, your example of a nation, that is sooooo much better than US.

And then I will cite it's history, showing that, surprisingly recently, it did just that, which you have claimed that no legitimate government does.

SO far, you have listed, behaviors such as, "starving, bombing and suppressing the development of other countries".

I'm not telling you that you have to defend, Nazi Germany or some such bullshit.

YOU GET TO PICK.

Name the oh so civilized nation(s) you were imagining, while you were putting America down.
Still you claim what has happened in the past is legit today. It wasn´t legit in the past and it isn´t today.

Less abstract bullshit, and more concrete examples.

You were thinking of a nation or a group of nations, that are soooooo much more civilized than America when you attacked America for having policies that "served our interests".

Give those examples so we can discuss your claims in context, instead of as airy empty generalizations.

Do you need me to prompt you with civilized examples?

Starving and bombing people is not a legit mean to serve your interest. I only see cruel medieval rulers that not even the bloodiest movies can copy.

I challenge you to name a nation that has NOT done either of those as formal government policy.

Or admit that all nations craft policy to serve their national interests and you only have a problem with it when America does it, because you hate America.
BS. Your "national interests" are the constant destruction of other countries in order to maintain hegemony. This isn´t working, anyway. That´s not a valid interest, I guess.

You listed two behaviors that you consider not legit means to serve a national interest.

I took you at your word, and seriously challenged you to name a nation that has not done either of them.

THE point is, that if what you are upset about, is completely normal national behavior, then your "outrage" is revealed to be bullshit.

My point stands. All nations craft their national policy to serve their national interests.

You are repeating yourself. In fact, there is no other nation that ever did what the US does today.
There were wars and sieges, massacres, all that stuff. But it was never the purpose to suppress the development of other countries.
And, if you mind, we are now in a modern age. You say, Hitler did it, so it is ok, when we do it. And who opposes that idea, is anti-American. You are the modern world nazi scum, fuck you. And the you is you and those who think alike - not the people as a whole, if you don´t mind.

American citizens don't get to vote on foreign policy or whether or not US troops are sent off to another country or whether or not to drop bombs on them.
Yes, I know. Standing by as the next war is planned, is also not the best thing to do, though.
People are constantly exposed to disinformation, whether it is the silly stories the governments tell or the silly stories paranoid conspiracy theorists tell.
But there is a way to get informed.

Here is the trick of the question.

YOU get to pick, your example of a nation, that is sooooo much better than US.

And then I will cite it's history, showing that, surprisingly recently, it did just that, which you have claimed that no legitimate government does.

SO far, you have listed, behaviors such as, "starving, bombing and suppressing the development of other countries".

I'm not telling you that you have to defend, Nazi Germany or some such bullshit.

YOU GET TO PICK.

Name the oh so civilized nation(s) you were imagining, while you were putting America down.

Are you saying things like "starving, bombing and suppressing the development of other countries" are all just fine, and we should do them because everybody does it?

Nope. NOt what I said. YOu confused about what I said? Take it up with Blue for cutting the post tree down. and or go back and read it.

I was responding to YOUR post which indicated you didn't think those things were so bad.

Here, i will try to make this simple for you.

War, in all it's forms, is terrible. We should only start wars, be they formal wars, or more covert struggles, as a last resort.

That being said, holding AMERICA to one standard of behavior while pretending that other nations never "do what America has done",

is the act of a dishonest anti-American piece of shit.

Got it. America became so great by acting (mostly) honorable and with integrity, but screw that, we should be just as despicable as the worst country we can find. If anybody else does a dishonorable thing, we should do it too.

THat is a nice strawman you have there. I am sure you are very proud of it.

I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with it. It is all yours and has nothing to do with me.

Meanwhile, my final post stands, until one of you lefties grows the balls to address it.

War, in all it's forms, is terrible. We should only start wars, be they formal wars, or more covert struggles, as a last resort.

That being said, holding AMERICA to one standard of behavior while pretending that other nations never "do what America has done",

Are you saying things like "starving, bombing and suppressing the development of other countries" are all just fine, and we should do them because everybody does it?

Nope. NOt what I said. YOu confused about what I said? Take it up with Blue for cutting the post tree down. and or go back and read it.

I was responding to YOUR post which indicated you didn't think those things were so bad.

Got it. America became so great by acting (mostly) honorable and with integrity, but screw that, we should be just as despicable as the worst country we can find. If anybody else does a dishonorable thing, we should do it too.

I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with it. It is all yours and has nothing to do with me.

Meanwhile, my final post stands, until one of you lefties grows the balls to address it.

I never said other countries didn't do bad things. I only said we shouldn't do those things, and another country's actions don't justify our bad behavior.

I never said other countries didn't do bad things. I only said we shouldn't do those things, and another country's actions don't justify our bad behavior.

Was it illegitimate to bomb Nazi Germany?

We joined that war for ethical reasons, and we didn't bomb Germany JUST because they had bombed our allies. We retaliated because Germany bombing our allies was unethical.

And, if you mind, we are now in a modern age. You say, Hitler did it, so it is ok, when we do it. And who opposes that idea, is anti-American. You are the modern world nazi scum, fuck you. And the you is you and those who think alike - not the people as a whole, if you don´t mind.

American citizens don't get to vote on foreign policy or whether or not US troops are sent off to another country or whether or not to drop bombs on them.
Yes, I know. Standing by as the next war is planned, is also not the best thing to do, though.
People are constantly exposed to disinformation, whether it is the silly stories the governments tell or the silly stories paranoid conspiracy theorists tell.

What difference does "being informed" make? And when you say that I can only assume you mean "vote for the left". No candidate on either side of the aisle runs on a platform of "more foreign invasions!!" -but we get them regardless.

We joined that war for ethical reasons, and we didn't bomb Germany JUST because they had bombed our allies. We retaliated because Germany bombing our allies was unethical.

Funny, a moment ago, you were acting like such "behavior" was something we should not do.

BUt when I give a specific example, you get all nuanced.

What's with that?

What difference does "being informed" make? And when you say that I can only assume you mean "vote for the left". No candidate on either side of the aisle runs on a platform of "more foreign invasions!!" -but we get them regardless.
Maybe, if people demand their governments to stop the endless war, it will be stopped.
You see, millions march for the environment, but who demands an end of the bloodshed and suffering?
We all would be better off without, by the way.

Funny, a moment ago, you were acting like such "behavior" was something we should not do.

What's with that?

No, as a general rule, we should not bomb other countries. However, specific examples require nuance. You don't understand that?

Yes, Moron. If you bomb infrastructure and factories, that´s what happens in war. The bombing of the civilian population on the other hand, conducted mainly by the Brits, was a war crime, comparable to the Holocaust.

What's with that?

No, as a general rule, we should not bomb other countries. However, specific examples require nuance. You don't understand that?

SO, when blue discusssed the specific example of ISIS, per the OP, without any nuance, why did you not have a problem with that?

Y.... If you bomb infrastructure and factories, that´s what happens in war. ...

So, bombing infrastructure and factories is ok. So what is your problem with our current strategy?

Y.... If you bomb infrastructure and factories, that´s what happens in war. ...

So, bombing infrastructure and factories is ok. So what is your problem with our current strategy?
The countries your government is waging wars against, whether militarily or with "sanctions", are not interested in confronting America. All the hatred that has occurred is result of your "strategy".
Also, it was a general statement. You will have to agree that it was France and Britain that declared war on Germany.

What's with that?

SO, when blue discusssed the specific example of ISIS, per the OP, without any nuance, why did you not have a problem with that?

Believe it or not, I haven't read every post on this site. I respond to what I read. If I disagree with what you wrote, it's because of what you wrote, not because of what somebody else said elsewhere.

What's with that?

Believe it or not, I haven't read every post on this site. I respond to what I read. If I disagree with what you wrote, it's because of what you wrote, not because of what somebody else said elsewhere.

You jumped into a discussion. Blue was making blanket condemnation of "starving, and bombing" as though America doing that, was beyond the pale.

If you think that sometimes it is called for, then me and you are on the same page.

Blue is the one, who is attacking America for normal behavior, without nuance.

IMO, because he is an anti-American asshole, like so many lefties.

What's with that?

You jumped into a discussion. Blue was making blanket condemnation of "starving, and bombing" as though America doing that, was beyond the pale.

If you think that sometimes it is called for, then me and you are on the same page.

Nothing I wrote should be taken as approval of every time we've done those things. Yes, there are times when it can't be avoided, but those aren't the only times we have done them.

What's with that?

Nothing I wrote should be taken as approval of every time we've done those things. Yes, there are times when it can't be avoided, but those aren't the only times we have done them.

Correct. That is how I characterized your position. And mine. Note my use of the word "sometimes". Blue is the one making blanket statements without nuance.

We are in complete agreement.

Are you ok? You seem... confused.

Forum List

Back